1/48 - SNCASO SO.8000 Narval resin kit by Scratchaeronautics - released

Homebee

• 1 month later...

Not my experience. Everytime I've ordered him kits (CASA 101, Saeta & Super Saeta) I received them. OK, it was not exactly in the announced timing - expect looong delays - but I've never been disappointed by the Scratchaeronautics products.

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

I ordered a Shorts Sherpa kit back in late January.  Saw nothing for over two months so I cancelled the purchase through Ebay and receive a refund.   I have ordered off him in the past and he has supplied OK, so I think he is just overwhelmed by the number of orders he is receiving at the moment.   His "just in time" methodology isn't working very well.

9 hours ago, rickshaw said:

I ordered a Shorts Sherpa kit back in late January.  Saw nothing for over two months so I cancelled the purchase through Ebay and receive a refund.   I have ordered off him in the past and he has supplied OK, so I think he is just overwhelmed by the number of orders he is receiving at the moment.   His "just in time" methodology isn't working very well.

Patience is no problem and if it's a one man operation-can be understood

But-one has to tell all the truth beforehand,that's an honest dealer

I'm well aware of the cating proccess-time consuming etc

If I would'be been told it will take half a year-no problem with me

Isaac

I agree.  I'll try again more than likely later in the year.  My problem was that he told me that it would be ready within a specific time frame and when that time frame was exceeded, he told me to be patient and nothing more.   If he had been up-front about difficulties, I'd have waited.   He wasn't though, so I cancelled the order.

On 20.4.2017 at 10:16 PM, iaf-man said:

Beware of this trader-Juan Manzorro !!!!

Doesn't supply the goods,I'm not the only one-saw complaints

on Facebook too

We have discussed this earlier. 

On 20.4.2017 at 10:57 PM, Homebee said:

Not my experience. Everytime I've ordered him kits (CASA 101, Saeta & Super Saeta) I received them. OK, it was not exactly in the announced timing - expect looong delays - but I've never been disappointed by the Scratchaeronautics products.

V.P.

I can agree on that. 

In his EBay auctions he does not mention the true time frame, you may be right. Though he states explicitly that one has to be patient and if you're not, he kindly requests not to do a purchase.

He isn't a bad trader, if you READ his Facebook page, he states -

"ATTENTION: MODELS ARE MADE BY RIGOROUS ORDER, SO USUALLY TAKES ABOUT 40/50 BUSSINES DAYS IN MAKE COPIES, PACKAGING AND SENDING (IT IS APROX ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡). IF YOU CAN NOT WAIT PLEASE DO NOT MAKE A PURCHASE"

He is in the military and I guess he can be taken away from *this* one-man business to do his job. I know 10+ people who have bought off him with no problems at all. It's funny how you never see praise, but as soon as one person makes a complaint because he hasn't got his new toy to play with, the whole world crumbles in.

Edited by Radleigh
  • Like 6

• 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, iaf-man said:

The wait is over-the order finally arrived!!!

So all is well

I wish communication was better

Maybe you can delete/edit your other posts?

• 8 months later...

Today, 330 days from ordering this kit, I was given a refund. Would have preferred the kit as I love unusual aircraft like this but there is really no reason for that long of a delay. If I order again, I will go through eBay where he posts 40-50 days delivery time. And yes, better communication or really any communication would have helped.

Edited by Hub Plott

• 1 month later...

Regarding Scratchaeronautics products....

After reading some complaints about Juan's "bad trading" habits, can't say nothing but "some people is wrong".

He states very clearly that the kits are hand made, and clearly says: "ATTENTION: MODELS ARE MADE BY RIGOROUS ORDER, SO USUALLY TAKES ABOUT 40/50 BUSSINES DAYS IN MAKING COPIES, PACKAGING AND SENDING (IT IS APROX ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡). IF YOU CAN NOT WAIT PLEASE DO NOT MAKE A PURCHASE" .

It's true that last year he suffered some delays in sending some items, but things are quite simple to explain. My friend Juan is a Spanish Army Officer, he doesn't make his living from the kits he sells, and his models are handcrafted  in his spare time, and served when he gets them ready...he doesn't keep a constant stock of resin kits, and sometimes he doesn't find any suitable resin and must wait for the supplier to restock raw material. That said, last year he was deployed to Afghanistan for six months, and upon arriving back to Spain, was again deployed to Mali. Some of his orders piled up to a point he was overwhelmed, and wasn't able to serve then, so refunded ALL the money to the customers with great concern. Even when some customers sent the money into a postal envelope, for they didn't use paypal, nor credit cards. The money took a long time to arrive, but the customer started complaining just two weeks later, despite having been warned about the additional delay, if sending the money that way.

He didn't enjoy an internet connection there, so couldn't answer most of the messages he was receiving on a daily basis, wich caused him some problems due to negative feedback.

Now, he's been finally deployed to my hometown, in the Canary Islands, and has resumed his production, and he's also found a new local resin supplier. He's now working in the development of new subjects, and fortunately has found the support of a local hobby shop and some local modellers to help him in this task. He's not a "one man enterprise" any more, so you can trust he's doing all his best to overcome those inconveniences he found last year.

Now, he's selling around 40/50 kits monthly, sending kits worldwide. And has been asked to develop new subjects wich, otherwise, no commercial, mainstream brand would ever produce. He's a quite nice and honest guy, he'd never intended to scam anyone, so please excuse any inconvenience you should have found.

Well, that's all I wanted you to know.

Best wishes from Tenerife.

Arturo Navarro

IPMS Canary Islands.

Edited by Artie
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2018 at 5:49 PM, Artie said:

Regarding Scratchaeronautics products....

After reading some complaints about Juan's "bad trading" habits, can't say nothing but "some people is wrong".

He states very clearly that the kits are hand made, and clearly says: "ATTENTION: MODELS ARE MADE BY RIGOROUS ORDER, SO USUALLY TAKES ABOUT 40/50 BUSSINES DAYS IN MAKING COPIES, PACKAGING AND SENDING (IT IS APROX ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡). IF YOU CAN NOT WAIT PLEASE DO NOT MAKE A PURCHASE" .

It's true that last year he suffered some delays in sending some items, but things are quite simple to explain. My friend Juan is a Spanish Army Officer, he doesn't make his living from the kits he sells, and his models are handcrafted  in his spare time, and served when he gets them ready...he doesn't keep a constant stock of resin kits, and sometimes he doesn't find any suitable resin and must wait for the supplier to restock raw material. That said, last year he was deployed to Afghanistan for six months, and upon arriving back to Spain, was again deployed to Mali. Some of his orders piled up to a point he was overwhelmed, and wasn't able to serve then, so refunded ALL the money to the customers with great concern. Even when some customers sent the money into a postal envelope, for they didn't use paypal, nor credit cards. The money took a long time to arrive, but the customer started complaining just two weeks later, despite having been warned about the additional delay, if sending the money that way.

He didn't enjoy an internet connection there, so couldn't answer most of the messages he was receiving on a daily basis, wich caused him some problems due to negative feedback.

Now, he's been finally deployed to my hometown, in the Canary Islands, and has resumed his production, and he's also found a new local resin supplier. He's now working in the development of new subjects, and fortunately has found the support of a local hobby shop and some local modellers to help him in this task. He's not a "one man enterprise" any more, so you can trust he's doing all his best to overcome those inconveniences he found last year.

Now, he's selling around 40/50 kits monthly, sending kits worldwide. And has been asked to develop new subjects wich, otherwise, no commercial, mainstream brand would ever produce. He's a quite nice and honest guy, he'd never intended to scam anyone, so please excuse any inconvenience you should have found.

Well, that's all I wanted you to know.

Best wishes from Tenerife.

Arturo Navarro

IPMS Canary Islands.

Giving him another try through eBay, really do want the Narval!

You won't be dissapointed.....all those issues he had to face in the past, are happily sorted....He's got a steady resin supplier here, ten minutes from work, and the support and help of a few modellers, at least as crazy as him about bizarre planes...

Cheers...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Artie said:

You won't be dissapointed.....all those issues he had to face in the past, are happily sorted....He's got a steady resin supplier here, ten minutes from work, and the support and help of a few modellers, at least as crazy as him about bizarre planes...

Cheers...

Never thought he was scamming just very overwhelmed and your post shows he definitely was! 330 days was a long time but now there is some perspective as to what was going on! Looking forward to the kit and wish him every success!