I'll look forward to seeing you @beefy66. If you can give me a clue what you might ask I can bring some stuff with me maybe? I'm not sure what I could really add to the sort of knowledge and ability generally walking around a venue like that but would be happy to try if it helps. I was just thinking if it was about PE or rigging or whatever I'll bring some open / surplus stuff with me to express tips practically rather than verbally if you see what I mean ...

Have you started Ark Royal yet? I'm out of stock of Tetra sets again :think: but I think I will finish Graf Spee next which is fairly well on, then build the Ark with a new thread on here and then go back and finish the KGV with Pontos set.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SovereignHobbies said:

I'll look forward to seeing you Keith. If you can give me a clue what you might ask I can bring some stuff with me maybe? I'm not sure what I could really add to the sort of knowledge and ability generally walking around a venue like that but would be happy to try if it helps. I was just thinking if it was about PE or rigging or whatever I'll bring some open / surplus stuff with me to express tips practically rather than verbally if you see what I mean ...

I wish I could be there in person myself, if not just to see your Hood finished.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, allyby said:

I wish I could be there in person myself, if not just to see your Hood finished.

It would have been good to meet you Ally, but I understand your reasons for not wishing to drive to Perth for the day. The Dewar Centre isn't far from the train station come to think of it. I don't know how far you are from the east coast railway line though of course!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SovereignHobbies said:

It would have been good to meet you Ally, but I understand your reasons for not wishing to drive to Perth for the day. The Dewar Centre isn't far from the train station come to think of it. I don't know how far you are from the east coast railway line though of course!

I live in Tranent so not far but it's still a long day travelling mate!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, allyby said:

I live in Tranent so not far but it's still a long day travelling mate!

Tell me about it! I'm closer to Turriff than Aberdeen so we're 40mins just to reach the north side of Aberdeen and another another 90mins or so to get to Perth - and that's the closest show (apart from Elgin which isn't really worth our attendance).

• Like 1

Apologies for the ropey photograph, but this is a Trumpeter kit paravane next to same with White Ensign Models detailling. You don't expect anything better from injection moulded plastic but it's yet another item the Flyhawk set ignores but they're fairly distinctive bits of kit I think.

20170408_104625_zpsiksff8jm.jpg

• Like 2

That is a very nice model Jamie, 

Thought I would post some pictures from a book my Dad had been given back in 1941 I think, he is dead now so I cannot ask him, hope it is Ok to do this but I thought it would be appropriate for the ship you just built.

IMG_1231_zpsvivzg5wb.jpg[/URL]

IMG_1233_zpsu24a15na.jpg[/URL]

IMG_1235_zps0ri9s4b1.jpg[/URL]

IMG_1236_zpsu501rylg.jpg[/URL]

IMG_1234_zps1k8igtgd.jpg[/URL]

Has loads more inside and aircraft carriers as well, 

Regards

Richard

• Like 3

Thanks for sharing! Those photographs show Hood was just as smart looking in the interwar years. She still has her foretopmast, no radar, the range finders between the funnels and the 4" (I think?) singles dotted around amidships.

A truly handsome ship :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, europapete said:

nice book! keep that safe. Jamie, do you know if anyone has started the 1/200 build with the Pontos sets yet?  I was looking online but didn't find any. Regards, Pete in RI.

Hi Pete,

I think Iain from Shipmodels.info was about to start his but I haven't seen much yet from anyone!

20 hours ago, europapete said:

nice book! keep that safe. Jamie, do you know if anyone has started the 1/200 build with the Pontos sets yet?  I was looking online but didn't find any. Regards, Pete in RI.

Hello, there is one here:

http://www.shipmodels.info/mws_forum/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=165022

Hope that helps.

Ray