1/32 - Northrop (R)F-5E/(F) Tiger II by Kitty Hawk - F-5E, F-5F & RF-5E released

Homebee

Wow ! 

Thanks to Mr. Glen Coleman for these ‘’test shot’’ photos !  (reference address below) 

First comments :

Contrary to the illustration of the Kitty Hawk BoxArt of an F-5E with rounded radome and absence of LERX o the first  operational years, here we find on these '' test shot '' photos a more recent F-5E with ''Sharknose'' radome and with LERX. This certainly suggests optional parts for both versions.

The central junction of the pieces between the front and rear fuselage made in anticipation of the two-seater F-5F version seems particularly successful.

In my mind this Kitty Hawk 1/32 F-5E Tiger II could most probably be the ''2018 1/32 Kit of the Year'' !

:smile:

SharkOwl

Complete 9 x ''test shot'' photos here : https://www.facebook.com/groups/369828906819827/

db8ff3be0fb3caae9907d54d6072711f.jpg

Edited by SharkOwl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Of the proposed 8 options of this kit, you can real to assemble only one or two. (((

The first two options did not have guns!
In the set there are not the root of the wing typical for early F-5E.
And also is absent fin fillet for the "Mexican"

The devil is always hiding in the details!

Edited by Seversky

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Kittyhawk only molded the late LERX with the wings, not separately like AFV's 1/48 F-5s. Though both noses are supplied, I guess you'll have to modify or replace the LERX for an early jet. The test shot of the F doesn't show any changes in the LERX.

2 hours ago, aidy said:

Kittyhawk only molded the late LERX with the wings, not separately like AFV's 1/48 F-5s. Though both noses are supplied, I guess you'll have to modify or replace the LERX for an early jet. The test shot of the F doesn't show any changes in the LERX.

Cheers Bro....

not or too hard to do....I guess..... with a file.....but they should have included all bits for build earlier birds.....anyways still undecided to get one.....waiting for the proper side view, the f had a very unique contour to it......AFV got in nice.....

rgds

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...