7 hours ago, ElectricLightAndy said:

Hi Bill, Any progress yet on this or the 1/32 spitfire?

Nothing on the Spit I'm afraid, due to the Canberra completion, but I'm just about to put some Dark Sea Blue on the XF15C. Plus, I've managed to trim the vacuform canopy so that it matches the fuselage, and open it up to boot. Without cursing, which I rank as the major accomplishment for 2017. 

I've also started an F-111B conversion over in the F-111 STGB, so I suspect that and this build here will take up my time until they're finished. It's highly unlike me to have any more than one kit going at a time - having three pokers in the fire has me head spinning. I'll probably end up doing something stupid like spray the Dark Sea Blue on the F-111B, and the Light Gull Grey on the Spit. I guess that leaves Ocean Grey/Dark Green for the Curtiss.    :)

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Navy Bird said:

It's highly unlike me to have any more than one kit going at a time - having three pokers in the fire has me head spinning.

Do I not recall a scratchbuilt race car in progress too Bill...? Or doesn't that count as it's not a kit?! :winkgrin:

Keith

2 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Do I not recall a scratchbuilt race car in progress too Bill...? Or doesn't that count as it's not a kit?! :winkgrin:

Keith

It's highly unlike me to have any more than one kit going at a time - having three four pokers in the fire has me head spinning.      :drunk:

Cheers,

Bill

PS. That one is really going to take forever, as I have to master the art of 3D printing. Arghh. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Navy Bird said:

PS. That one is really going to take forever, as I have to master the art of 3D printing. Arghh. 

One of my best friends (and a fellow modeller) runs the makerlab for a public library here in Illinois. He might be able to help you with that.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Procopius said:

One of my best friends (and a fellow modeller) runs the makerlab for a public library here in Illinois. He might be able to help you with that.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I need to get the CAD part down first - my days of being a mechanical engineer were back when the tools of the trade were lettering templates, mechanical (not electronic) calculators, french curves, log & trig tables, and a drawing board. Oh, and vellum, too. Gotta put those lines on something! 

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Hey, how about this - some Dark Sea Blue on this baby:

IMG_1333

You can just about see where I've added the chin scoop inside the cowling.

IMG_1332

And the required "rear view" -

IMG_1334

Since this was a glossy paint out of the bottle (Model Master) I'm going to let it cure for a couple of days. My signal is when it stops smelling like paint, then it's dry.

The we'll paint the gear legs, wheel wells and turtle deck Interior Green. There are large metallic areas at the indentations for the exhausts, as well as around the jet pipe.

As you can see, she sets up nice on her gear, so I must have lucked out with the weight up front. 25 grams if I recall. Well, there she is - progress! 

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 3

That looks great Bill :thumbsup2: 

It may be 1/72, but it has a sense of mass, weight, power. 

Beautiful paint finish  :)

Best regards 

TonyT

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...