DH-82B "Queen Bee" DH Group Build.

allyby

Well here I am, my first group build here and only the 5th model since my return to model making, This arrived in the post as expected today, an AZ Models kit, I give you the DH-82B I'll be doing the variant that you can see on the front cover of the box.

Z1_zpscehbepwn.jpg

Three different styles to choose from!

Z2_zpsunfxxopd.jpg

Not a lot of parts but you can just see etched parts included in the box and this is totally new to me, the paint job looks like it might challenge me a bit as well, the decals look clean and crisp.

Onward with washing the sprues and I'll report back when I've something worthwhile to show.

Wish me luck I think I'm gonna need it!:think:

Z5_zpsffgzquuc.jpg

• Like 5

Thank you chaps!

Made a start on the Cockpit  floats and interior this morning, not a lot done but the old eyes get sore working on this scale, My first time at trying to use the photo etching stuff that came with the kit and to be quite truthful probably the last time I'll ever use it, what a nightmare.

You can see the size of this compared to a cocktail stick.

That's me finished for the day now!

Ally.

a4_zpsmjpsowyf.jpg

Looks even worse as a close up.

a3_zpsexs8yp1z.jpg

Edited by allyby
  • Like 2

Great start Ally. I am fairly inexperienced with PE myself and I know how frustrating it can be. It really has added to your build though so well done for battling on. I look forward to seeing what's next.

• Like 1

Fuselage now glued in place with a couple of small gaps filled with milliput and sanded.

b2_zpsgi39yqyr.jpg

Masked the fuselage off to start painting in the morning, painted the topside of underneath wing while waiting for the filler to dry, It's  starting to take a bit of shape now.

b4_zps7cup1zou.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CliffB said:

That's coming along nicely and looking very different as a single seater.

Cliff

Yes Cliff it is, this is the first ever Drone, they were used as gunnery targets and the remote controls were in the rear cockpit,  but the front cockpit was retained for use of test flying or ferry flights, it's not got that little prop sitting on the port side either, never knew what this was for!

Latest update of today's work.

I tried to give the wings a light weathering.

q1_zpsabnb5uat.jpg

Overall not too bad on the paintjob.

q2_zps3uyrwbzl.jpg

• Like 3

On 11/03/2017 at 8:12 PM, allyby said:

that little prop sitting on the port side either, never knew what this was for!

I think it's a wind-driven generator (at least, the one on my Dragon Rapide is described as such :winkgrin:).

Cliff

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CliffB said:

I think it's a wind-driven generator (at least, the one on my Dragon Rapide is described as such :winkgrin:).

Cliff

Thanks for that Cliif.

Do you ever feel glad coming near the end of a build? This one's fought me all the way so I'll be glad to finish it, the problem I had with the PE, then that silly little plastic windshield you have to cut out and bend yourself, and to top it all of when I was attaching the floats and it fell with the top wing collapsing on me, I suppose it's all part of the game though, just the decals to do now and attach the prop.

T2_zpsdktgfgcm.jpg

• Like 4

All done, this is the best I can do in this scale, not really happy with it but it's only my 5th build, a couple of decal issues when I left a couple in the water too long and they separated from the backing, one even got thrown away as it was beyond use.

s1_zpsiltvocak.jpg

s2_zpsrzafjgo2.jpg

s3_zpsz0v7ijbq.jpg

s4_zpsfiprrmfi.jpg

s5_zpspveijcms.jpg

Thanks for bearing with me on this one!

• Like 6