1980's Front Line Asia GB chat

With the great success of last years 80's NATO/WARPAC GB and the popularity of this years 70's version I was having a think about all the great subjects that were around in the 80's that fall outside of the geographic scope of the previous GB and some of the extremely popular subjects that would fall into it's remit, so here you have my proposal that we do for Asia what the 80's NATO/WARPAC one did for Europe.

The geographical limits would be anywhere East of (but including) Pakistan up to and including Alaska and also taking in Australia, New Zealand and Indonesia. I would leave out the continental United States and Canada although units from them based in the theatre would be fine, such as US units in South Korea, Japan etc.

As with the other GB's of this genre it is to be as open as possible in terms of subject matter but no Whifs, anything else that floats, flys, drives or walks will be included.

So what do you think, anyone interested?

Craig.

The list so far;

1: me (obviously)

2:  Red Dot

3: Wimbledon99

4: franky boy

5: helios16v

6: Cookenbacher

7: HansReggelson

8: Col

9: Covjets13

10. Sabre-days

11: SoftScience

12: mirageiv

13: Knight-Flyer

14: RMP2

15: Trickyrich

16: Bianfuxia

17: spruecutter

18: Zebra

19: madcat911

20: Mr B

21: Grandboof

22. Hewy

23: ArnieC

24: Jabba

25: asianairarms

26: TrojanThunder

27: CliffB

28: Angus Tura

29: Dave R

30: celt

31: has-bash-splas

32: aidy

33: Corsairfoxfouruncle

34: Ernie

35: John DC Masters

• Like 4

Cheers for your support guys, hopefully this one will prove as popular as it's European brother.

3 hours ago, franky boy said:

As long as it doesn't end up right next to the NATO/Warsaw pact GB in the calendar.

I'm sure if we talk to the mods nicely it can be arranged, @Enzo Matrix really is a nice chap;).

Looks like I need to start a list then.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Oh no I'm not!!!

Oh yes you are!! (this could go on for a while)

1 hour ago, HansReggelsen said:

OK - I'm in - with what I do not know yet :hmmm: - but I'm in! :D

Great Hans, glad to have you aboard.

Plenty of time to choose subjects (assuming we make the cut that is) later, but if your Harrier in the 70's GB is anything to go by whatever you build will be great.

1 hour ago, Red Dot said:

you'll make a great Debbie McGee-esque host :-)

I'm not wearing that sequined leotard ever again!

• Like 1

Don't think I can pass up an excuse to put a Mitsubishi F-1 in a GB...if I do a second build, it'll be a Shenyang J-8II "Finback," although if Trumpeter have the Q-5 "Fantan" out by then it might be a tough choice between the two. Please count me in.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Covjets13 said:

I'm in......gonna have to put on my thinking cap tho.....👍

Si

Well done Si,

I'm sure you will think of something, I imagine you have all you need for a JASDF F-4, or a US Navy Pacific Fleet F-14.

14 hours ago, Sabre_days said:

Don't think I can pass up an excuse to put a Mitsubishi F-1 in a GB...if I do a second build, it'll be a Shenyang J-8II "Finback," although if Trumpeter have the Q-5 "Fantan" out by then it might be a tough choice between the two. Please count me in.

Welcome aboard Sabre-Days.

I like your selection of choices, all very nice. The J-8 would certainly be a bit different but I agree with you that it would be hard to pass up a Fantan if it''s out by then.

Craig.

12 hours ago, SoftScience said:

Yeah, why not?

I can't think of a single reason, I'll add you to the list!

1 hour ago, mirageiv said:

Cool idea Craig, I'd like to build maybe a JASDF RF-4E  (not sure which camo style though), will need to do some research on subjects before I select one though!

Nice one David, a JASDF RF-4E would make a superb entry, I've always liked their colour scheme.

• Like 1

Im not sure I read the geographic limits correctly, Im easy confused at my age...

Is my top quality image below correct?

world-political-map-2000px001.jpg

I was after clarification because i wasnt sure what to build, but I forgot the stash includes a 1/48 Indian Jaguar IM thats just asking for it.. :) Although, this GB has potential to be a 2018/19 affair doesnt it? might be a bit late for me, really keen to get that one built.

So... back to the clarification... :banghead:

Edited by RMP2
Im not that bright
  • Like 2

Well, building what's fly, float and drive on about half the planet's surface doesn't really need a GB, just a forum on any day.

An idea to make it more open, let's take what's east of the Greenwich meridian.

:penguin: