1980's Front Line Asia GB chat

1 hour ago, hash_bash_splash said:

I joined up, to join this, so, yeah, I'm in....

That is great to hear.

If you haven't cast your vote yet you need to go the "group build 2018 vote" section and place your vote, you can vote for up to 6 group builds that take your fancy, just make sure that 80''s Asia is one of them!

17 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

It would be great to have you join in, just make sure to vote for us in the poll or we won't get through.

I've done my part, now let's wait with fingers crossed.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like we are firmly glued to the bottom end of the table :worry:.

Very surprised and disappointed that we haven't got more support as the GB is open to almost every king of modelling!

If anyone has any ideas how to shoot up the poles or make us more likely to get selected next year then please feel free to post them.

On 11/23/2017 at 10:11 PM, trickyrich said:

offer free beer!!!  :cheers:

or get the Russians to rig the results?  :whistle:

I was looking forward to dragging out some of my Soviet "heavymetal" stuff as well!l 

It would cost a fortune sending beer everywhere, good idea though. Perhaps you could handle the Asian and Australian beer and I'll cover Europe and America :D.

Perhaps if the Russian's knew that you and others planned on reproducing some of their excellent heavy metal then we wouldn't be having this conversation as we would already have 215% of the vote!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/23/2017 at 10:19 PM, asianairarms said:

Craig,

Should we fail to get this going could you do something similar using Asian Air Arms SIG website? I'd be more than happy to host it but you'd have to do the technical stuff. It seems a tragedy to let go such enthusiasm.

That is an idea Brian, or maybe we can start posting inspirational builds of Asian based models.

I don't do "technical" on computers! I know how to look at pictures of planes and spend money and that's about it!

6 hours ago, modelling minion said:

It would cost a fortune sending beer everywhere, good idea though. Perhaps you could handle the Asian and Australian beer and I'll cover Europe and America :D.

Perhaps if the Russian's knew that you and others planned on reproducing some of their excellent heavy metal then we wouldn't be having this conversation as we would already have 215% of the vote!

I think we need a Soviet/Eastern Bloc GB for next year, maybe divided into 2 or 3 smaller GB's as I've done for the Pacific at War GB? Maybe broken down along the lines like this:

1, up to 1946, covers everything unto the end of WWII - this era is popular with many members

2, the cold war period up to the disintegration of the USSR - heavy metal at it's best, land and air!!

3, Modern Russian, and maybe former Eastern Bloc countries that are currently NATO members?

Very open type of GB that'd keep the land, sea members happy as well. 

This would then cover this GB, the Afghan one from last year and quite a few others that failed in the past as well.

The idea needs some fine tuning but am happy to help out if need be.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi all, we are still in the mix for the GB's next year and hopefully you are all still interested.

As we get nearer to the vote we need to keep the momentum on this one going if we are to stand a chance of getting through the vote.

There are lots of modelling possibilities in this GB and a lot of equipment that had been retired from front line use in Europe and the US to be seen in some interesting colour schemes.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/8/2018 at 1:31 AM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Count me in With something Japanese that flies, probably an F-4. 

Well done Dennis.

Can't beat a Phantom, and one in JASDF markings is always good, I doubt yours will be the only one if we get through the vote, so don't forget to cast yours when the time comes!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well guys we have made it!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to Enzo's executive decision on next years GB's we have a slot, and the dates for it are July 6th to October 27th (my birthday!) so if you don't have anything suitable in your stash's then now is a good time to have a think about what you want to do. If you're in the UK then Telford would be a great opportunity to get something suitable.

• Like 3