Catching Pictures in the Air

3 hours ago, Tomoshenko said:

Nice to have you back Tony. Dorset is a lovely part of the world, I often go camping next to West Bay just outside of Bridport - stunning. Although I must admit I have more of a soft spot for East Dorset, Purbeck, Kimmeridge and Lulworth.

Oh yeah the damage...hope you don't mind a few broken cups...not too bad though...you know wot I mean....the beer made me do it...erm as Bill said I'll buy you a curry if ever you visit Brum...gotta go mate tarra a bit...

Oh and a nice little something from my visit to Yeovilton:

IMG_0220.jpg

Ain't she a stunner?  

I lived in Bridport from 89 (when I converted to the Lynx - at Portland in those days) until 2000, when I reluctantly moved to London because of work.  I adore West Dorset.

Tony, you might want to count the legs on your table.  I vaguely remember sawing something off to help get the fire going, and it did seem a bit wobbly thereafter.  It's only now I'm sober that I've put two and two together.

5 minutes ago, Phil Lewis said:

Was it in a box?

The neighbours have a cat in an iron lung?  Weirdos, the lorrovem.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, HomerJ_757 said:

If it was, Mr & Mrs Schrodinger are offering a reward for their cat dead and alive!

If indeed it existed.

(the cat, not the box)

Trevor

• Like 3

So....maybe the grapes had BOTH chocolate AND cheese on them....were they even grapes? Wait a sec, the goat wasn't called Melissa was it.....

Tony??? Are you OK?

What the heck WAS in that punch? 

Ian

Edited by limeypilot
  • Like 5

I thought those smiley faces floating in the punch were decals.............................. ;) (Trying to get some sort of modelling input in!)

Edited by HomerJ_757
  • Like 2

Welcome back Tony! It's been mad here and it's taking them time to settle down eh? What larks (and a couple of chickens)...

Glad you had a nice time in Reggie's, called that as a Yugoslav friend once declared he was going to Reggie's at the weekend and it was some time before we realised it was Lyme Regis and not some bloke's house. Ah, happy days. We took Andy's little boat down there once, had great fun whooshing around the coast and then tied it up in the harbour before retiring to the pub. Imagine the hilarity when we came out some time later to see it dangling down the wall from the bow rope, surrounded by giggling locals. 

Did you get some fossils?

• Like 7

14 hours ago, Tomoshenko said:

Nice to have you back Tony. Dorset is a lovely part of the world, I often go camping next to West Bay just outside of Bridport - stunning. Although I must admit I have more of a soft spot for East Dorset, Purbeck, Kimmeridge and Lulworth.

Cheers Tomo! :thumbsup2:

Normally we stay up that end as well in Lulworth  -  floating on your back in the cove and counting clouds is one of my favourite pastimes. Speaking of such regions, you might recognize where the Walrus is landing at about the 1 minute mark in this:

:winkgrin:

That lovely Pup seems to be sitting in the place they had the Baby last year iirc - must be Sopwith Corner! I only found out recently that the playing fields of my secondary school in Kingston used to be the Sopwith factory established down by the Thames in 1917; who knew all those ghastly cross-country runs (alright, wheezy staggers) were conducted over the ghosts of Camels past....

A Brummie Curry sounds just the ticket btw: do they have Gulab Jamun on the pudding menu? :Tasty:

I need to duck over and see what's been happening to that fabulosa Lanc of yours.

14 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Young Pete! :thanks: Specsavers beckons after your hols I think.

That joke came within a hares breadth of being funny.

Now burrow down but don't get set in your ways.

I'm all ears young man.

14 hours ago, Max Headroom said:

As to the man with trousers called Warren, what are his other pairs called?

Doug. Doug Burrows.

14 hours ago, perdu said:

Now you've to look and see what glued seams have sprung whilst you've been wasting time having fun a relaxation

14 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Ah, I remember now. There was a competition.

Guess how many Oxo cubes we can fit into it.

That's the sprung seams explained then.:wacko:

14 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Hop it, nothing to see here...

Fur now anyways...

14 hours ago, perdu said:

Kinda wish I hadnt now

Needed Oxo cubes for Sunday Lunch gravy

And now the Box smells of beef...

13 hours ago, limeypilot said:

Welcome back Herr B, glad you had a relaxing time!

You may find Tony hidden away somewhere, he hasn't been seen for a while.....

Sank you ver' much Ian. S'nice to be back, even if it is Monday morning. Is that Tony I spy over in the corner with a lampshade on his head, trying to stand very still? :fool:

I've only just caught up with the furore over Photobuttock and their third-party issue. I'll not say anything further here that hasn't been expressed over in the relevant forum thread already, but a worrisome development for public discourse, such as ours.

On model matters, I had a quick look at the beast last evening and made an executive decision about the next stage with the buck. After reducing the dimensions of said item, I'm now inclining to subsequently separate it into rear fuselage and BT sections (for obvious reasons), but to revise my original plan and cut both these in half vertically, in the case of the fuselage, so that these sections can be added securely to the existing fuselage halves on each side and internal detailing carried out prior to closure, whilst in the case of the BT itself, with doors and windows on each side to construct I don't want to be building these on a seam travelling down the sides of the aircraft.

I'm also mulling over how add sufficiently convincing surface detail to match the existing kit appearance and wondering if a grid of fine wire or thread on the buck may offer a possible solution? Further experimentation is called for before committing to such a course. TonyTiger had also previously mentioned textured foils as well (of the kind I'd initially played with for the ceiling) but the complex curvature of the buck gives me pause for thought regarding the various sections lining-up accurately in three-dimensions. All to play for still on this issue.

I hope your own works are doing ok, I need to get back over and have a look at how you're all doing over the course of the next few days.

:bye:

Tony

• Like 9

Oops, hadn't noticed the next page...and I'm still out of likes...

13 hours ago, perdu said:

Blimey Ian, I thought he left with you...

Who's that in the corner then? I can't see with that lampshade in the way...

11 hours ago, Phil Lewis said:

Was it in a box?

Schrodinger's Kit: not until you open the lid are you sure all the pieces are there....

11 hours ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

I lived in Bridport from 89 (when I converted to the Lynx - at Portland in those days) until 2000, when I reluctantly moved to London because of work.  I adore West Dorset.

Filled with an unreasoning Bridportian envy to read that Crisp. :lol:

Mrs. B and myself are hoping to move back to the UK in the next few years and that region is very close to our hearts indeed. There must be a nucleus of modellers in the Bridport area itself as there's a great hardware shop there on South Street (RKL Tools) that has a whole wall of Milliput, clamps and soldering gear etc., an ensemble to make any modeller nod with approval. I managed to acquire forceps from said premises this time last week.

Tony, you might want to count the legs on your table.  I vaguely remember sawing something off to help get the fire going,

Nothing I haven't done myself dear fellow, though I was a student at the time, it was a sideboard, and I was very very cold.

11 hours ago, HomerJ_757 said:

If it was, Mr & Mrs Schrodinger are offering a reward for their cat dead and alive!

11 hours ago, Max Headroom said:

If indeed it existed.

It's complicated.  Verschränkung, in fact.

Say what you like about this forum but it's never Bohring.

11 hours ago, perdu said:

I'm not even sure there was a box

unless IT had it under the bed with IT...

11 hours ago, keefr22 said:

I saw the goat with a box. But I had my special driving specs on. So maybe it didn't have a box. Or wasn't a goat...

2 hours ago, HomerJ_757 said:

I thought those smiley faces floating in the punch were decals.............................. ;) (Trying to get some sort of modelling input in!)

I'd say you'd all been on the jazz-fags if I wasn't sure the Martian would have fried them with his heat ray. Where is the old xenomorph anyway? It's unlike him not to have a tentacle in such a pot of madness!

2 hours ago, CedB said:

Welcome back Tony! It's been mad here and it's taking them time to settle down eh? What larks (and a couple of chickens)...

My thanks for that Ced. I'd have been disappointed to find any sober or settled activity in my absence and would have suspected a trap.:lol:

2 hours ago, CedB said:

Glad you had a nice time in Reggie's, called that as a Yugoslav friend once declared he was going to Reggie's at the weekend and it was some time before we realised it was Lyme Regis and not some bloke's house.

You know that I shall only be able to mentally call it Reggie's myself from now on. :wacko:

A few years back Mrs.B overheard a couple of army wives at Bovington Camp saying that they were heading back to Bov after they'd been shopping in Brid and Dorch. Since then it's been impossible to think of those destinations in any other terms whenever we're there...

2 hours ago, CedB said:

Ah, happy days. We took Andy's little boat down there once, had great fun whooshing around the coast and then tied it up in the harbour before retiring to the pub. Imagine the hilarity when we came out some time later to see it dangling down the wall from the bow rope, surrounded by giggling locals. 

You were simply storing it vertically to make room for other vessels. It's a pity that others in the boating community aren't similarly as considerate.:winkgrin:

2 hours ago, CedB said:

Did you get some fossils?

Not since the boys were little. Most available surfaces at Pension Baron contain various Ammonite colonies to this day in a kind of post-Cambrian explosion-explosion. That and the chunk of breeze block (since discarded) that I maintained was an ichthyosaur's vertrebrae....

• Like 11

Welcome back Tony :).

It's been good to read about nice holiday experiences. Some names there are from my far, distant past. I know you didn't go to Lulworth this time but, does anyone know if there's still a holiday camp ground above there?

I last was there on the day of Prince Charles and Lady Di's wedding! We listened to it on the radio of my dad's Renault 6. Now there was a car that needed pedalling :o.

It's lovely down there. I believe that holiday involved Stonehenge, Minehead and Bovington Tank Museum too. Happy memories :)

Those books you got are superb, I would love to know the name of the bookshop. Definitely on my list the next time I'm in the UK. 

I'm sorry for the delay in my welcome, I had to pop out for some liniment and a fresh marrow. Really bad chafing :unsure:. It's the Axminster you know, a good Shag Pile is a lot easier on the extremities :thumbsup2: 

All best regards

TonyT

• Like 3

12 hours ago, 71chally said:

Good to see you back Tony, notice I didn't contribute to the days lawlessness when you where out!

Thanks James. :) My youngest picked up a copy of the Judge Dredd Case Files whilst we were away so I saw what happens to lawbreakers and it's not pretty....:bobby:

12 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

He's been off planet for a week now.

Quiet, isn't it?

11 hours ago, perdu said:

I'm still getting that very low frequency rattley hum in the ear'oles though, he might just be observing in the ULFR band at times

But it is quiet, like wot you say. 😨

Unnervingly so gentlemen. I presume he's watching human affairs from the timeless worlds of space.....

8 hours ago, TonyTiger66 said:

I know you didn't go to Lulworth this time but, does anyone know if there's still a holiday camp ground above there?

Hiya TT! :)

Yes there is - Newlands Farm (where Bertrand Russell used to go for his free-love romps), just up the hill from the Cove over at Durdle Door.

8 hours ago, TonyTiger66 said:

Those books you got are superb, I would love to know the name of the bookshop. Definitely on my list the next time I'm in the UK. 

Doh! I never gave the name did I? It's called Books Afloat in Park St., Weymouth. There's a nice little feature on then place here:

http://nootherisland.blogspot.ie/2011/05/books-afloat-weymouth.html

Now get some ointment on that chafing...

8 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

Nice to have you back dear boy. Glad you had a nice holiday, I love Lyme.

now quick get the plastic out before anyone notices. :wicked:

Chars old fruit! :)

Got the bench tidied before we went away so it's crying out for some mess now.... 

• Like 5

On 09/07/2017 at 23:22, perdu said:

This is not a Tiger Moth, but...

P1130041.jpg

Still a little cutie

Quite a few Chippies on parade

It's a Chipmunk, which is arguably better. Well, it is a monoplane Tiggie, sort of...

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, AlexN said:

It's a Chipmunk, which is arguably better. Well, it is a monoplane Tiggie, sort of...

It's red and makes sunny summer-afternoon sounds. It takes very little to please me beyond that. :D

8 minutes ago, perdu said:

Usually driven with the roof on though

We sports car enthusiasts like a roof-off run mostly

I watched The Fate of the Furious with the famille last night.

Who knew.

That you could take out a Russian SSBN with sports cars.

On ice.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, perdu said:

Usually driven with the roof on though

We sports car enthusiasts like a roof-off run mostly

Nice red, though :).

Oh, yes, welcome back yer Lady Baronesship Sir. Hope you like you new interior decorating. What did happen to the goat? Goodness, it's gone quiet.

Cheers,

Alex. :sheep: <-- not a chipmunk - or a tiger moth

• Like 3

Rather unsporting of you to be doing a NO WARNING Barry Norman old chap

Some of us haven't seen it yet...

Tsssk tsssk

Mind you, sounds like a spiffing endorsement

I understand a battered to a pulp Jason becomes almost a goodie in it

That'll be him at the front steering the tribike no doubt...

No

Don't tell me 

😬

Edited by perdu
  • Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 18:30, Pete in Lincs said:

He's been off planet for a week now.

Quiet, isn't it?

He re-entered Britmodeller's atmosphere yesterday since when he has been busy setting up the Free Blackadder campaign following the discovery of Speckled Jim in Dartmouth. You Earthlings do seem to have a very strange definition of quiet!

Martian the Returned

• Like 3