Catching Pictures in the Air

Nice brassery Tony (or brasserie as self-correct would have it... duh)

1 hour ago, TheBaron said:

What the hell are self-gripping socks?

All modern socks are self-gripping. They're the ones that don't require suspenders. No idea of fun the NHS :D 

Good luck with the investigations matey and I hope they track down the problem.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, CedB said:

What the hell are self-gripping socks?

88090_1_1.jpg

Did you mean this? I have some of them and they are great as I love to walk on them inside the house or barefoot, when I can. Cheers Looking great Tony.

Edit: Tony said:............... Ced quoted.

Edited by bbudde
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, CedB said:

Seconded! Do the hospital mean you have to leave home wearing just a dressing gown & 'self gripping socks' Tony? Best not get stopped for speeding or something then, could lead to an interesting conversation with the Garda Síochána !!

23 minutes ago, CedB said:

They're the ones that don't require suspenders.

Socks with suspenders always remind me of the late, great Eric Morecambe in the Cleopatra sketch...!! Can't link to it on Youtube because it's blocked in the UK by "BBC Worldwide" - this always really annoys me, seeing as the BBC only exists because we in the UK pay for it!!!

Keith

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, TheBaron said:

Not too soon though. I've to go in hospital for the day on Friday under a local

anyone you know? or will a complete stranger suffice?

Bona!

agreed!

I'm such a clumsy git with these small needles that I've now taken to ordering single sizes in batches of 10

you and me both!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Nice work on those flaps.

Hope all goes well at the hospital friday. Wear a dressing gown - is that to be worn backwords like a medical gown revealing all

Roger

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, CedB said:

Nice brassery Tony (or brasserie as self-correct would have it

Thanks Ced. I've reserved our usual table at La Modellismo - the one by the Crème de menthe optic.

8 hours ago, CedB said:

All modern socks are self-gripping. They're the ones that don't require suspenders.

Unlike shirts apparently. The 'Double Grip' clearly separating the men from the boys in such matters...

s-l300.jpg

8 hours ago, CedB said:

Thanks Ced. :thumbsup2:

Dame Time doth take a cruel toll upon the mortal carcass sometimes (will I suspect be the verdict). At least there should be a hot sweet cup of tea afterwards...

8 hours ago, bbudde said:

Did you mean this? I have some of them and they are great as I love to walk on them inside the house or barefoot, when I can.

Ooohhh they look dead toasty Benedikt. But why am I picturing this? :smirk:

8 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Seconded! Do the hospital mean you have to leave home wearing just a dressing gown & 'self gripping socks' Tony?

Ta Keith.

Driving in one's dressing gown is de rigeur in the demi monde I'll have you know when popping out for fresh supplies of Absinthe and Twiglets. As for An Garda Siochana, those ghastly blue duds they dress themselves up in conceal a multitude of sins...

6 hours ago, 71chally said:

There's something about flap hinges, actuators and runners

Thank God it's not just me James - I was beginning to think I was a bit wierd. :laugh:

6 hours ago, 71chally said:

Hope all goes well in the hostipital for you.

Thanks. :thumbsup2:

It should only be a routine analysis, followed hopefully by a large injection of painkiller.

6 hours ago, hendie said:

anyone you know? or will a complete stranger suffice?

:rofl2:

I couldn't possibly comment....

4 hours ago, Hamden said:

Wear a dressing gown - is that to be worn backwords like a medical gown revealing all

Better that than worn frontwards like a medical gown revealing all...#honestlyofficer #genuinemisunderstanding

Thanks for the kind sentiments too Roger. :thumbsup2:

Jenkins? They're becoming fractitious - release the cauliflower....

giphy.gif

• Haha 8

Damn you Le Baron... after the Pimms I had while watching the football I spent ages looking at the cauliflower trying to work out where the start/end of the zoom was… mesmerising :yikes:

Now I'm off to bed I bet it's on the back of my eyelids...

Still, best of luck with the pain management :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, TheBaron said:

unleash cauliflower....

giphy.gif

That is quite scarily hypnotic...............................:hypnotised: :sleep_1:

I thinkI've just been staring at it for 4 minutes. Or was it 40....

Meanwhile you're back in the room.... 

K

• Haha 5

Do try being careful under the anaesthetics Tony, then try to remember what they do so you can tell me

I have this day been awake and moving around for a couple of hours without taking anything for my own back

Not even Voltarol yet

Kinda scary after so long in annigoni to feel some core strength coming back

Good luck for the big day, mate

My fingers will be 'actually' crossed all day for you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Best wishes for the investigations, Tony. Hope they find nothing dramatic !

As a fellow sufferer [aren't many of us as we put the years away ?], and following a recent cortisone injection and various scans, I'm looking down the barrel of yet another spinal op, my 4th, after a water skiing accident back in the 70's [the year, not my age.....]

Having to  re-join a private health fund, having given it away after the kids left home, I now have to wait another 10 months before cover kicks in for an existing condition.......or pay up front........or go public and wait ......for however long it takes.

So, good luck and best wishes for the BEST of outcomes, and get back to this masterful build as soon as possible.

While not having passes comment, apart from 'likes', I am enjoying and continue to be amazed by, the masterful and detailed work you are performing on the Iron Chicken.

Rog

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, perdu said:

Do try being careful under the anaesthetics Tony, then try to remember what they do so you can tell me

I have this day been awake and moving around for a couple of hours without taking anything for my own back

Not even Voltarol yet

Kinda scary after so long in annigoni to feel some core strength coming back

I'm really glad to hear about the returning strength Bill - hadn't realised you were suffering so cruelly my friend but hopefully you're obtaining some blessed relief now. 

Thanks for the kind thoughts: it should be just a standard investigation unless Sir Lancelot has the student doctors in tow!

3 hours ago, roginoz said:

As a fellow sufferer [aren't many of us as we put the years away ?], and following a recent cortisone injection and various scans, I'm looking down the barrel of yet another spinal op, my 4th, after a water skiing accident back in the 70's

Dammit Rog, I hope the next few months go quick for you until the cover kicks in mate. I suspect an alternative name for this forum might be 'Backmodeller', given the number of members suffering at the hands of the old upright RSJ...

I have everything raised up by about 3ft of the bench so that I can work standing up - sitting and bending over bits of plastic just ain't an option nowadays...

Glad that you're enjoying the build. :thumbsup2:

3 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Hope that everything get right and that you are to resume the Iron Chicken soon.

Kind words Cc for which I thank-you sir.

If nothing else I get pumped full of drugs and get to watch nurses...

2 hours ago, Max Headroom said:

Hope everything turns out ok 👍🏻

Cheers Trevor.

I'll be sure to do an inventory of any potentially useful tools and utensils of course! Dear @CedB kindly passed on a set of gripping tweezers from one of his medical visits a while back and they are superb.

Nothing of consequence to report on Iron Chicken matters, save that a survey of the aircraft revealed a 7-item snag list to take care of before paint. Just small bits here and there of the usual variety that get overlooked in the heat of construction.

At some point too I need to settle on a stand for this as well: inclining to a clear perspex pole with a small felt-covered metal plate fixed to the top for the magnetised portion of the aircraft to sit on,  but any other suggestions welcomed!

Take care until next time guys.

:bye:

Tony

• Like 7

15 hours ago, CedB said:

Now I'm off to bed I bet it's on the back of my eyelids...

Still, best of luck with the pain management :) 

No pudding for you unless you eat up all your vegetables!

Thanks for the kind sentiment Mr. B. :thumbsup2:

15 hours ago, keefr22 said:

That is quite scarily hypnotic......

Infinite cauliflower! What would Carl Sagan have made of it all? :think:

'Of all the billions and billions of vegetables in the yooniverse...'

• Like 2

Be well mate

Mind you, there's worse ways of passing time than watching nurse

Seems that when I fell over I broke two vertebrae, less than ideal I reckon  :(

but slow movement and decent self medification is working

luck tomorrow

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

The biggest question ever ???

Are we modeller because of a faulty back, hip, knee or anything that help us Moving ???

For the while, it's my hip that get loose but it hurt a lot, I think that I'll follow the Bill's Wise words

Still they called me Dr House… I still have my Shillelagh it's very helpfull for Walking too… :whistle:

I love these multi purpose old Tools… :bandit:

Be carefull Tony Aaaarrrr Looking nurses ??? You dare ??? Are they Karmeliet too ???

Take care my friend !

Sincerely.

CC

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Nurses ????

I send you one that will heal you...

Don't you worry, she will take good care of our Baron !!

Sincerely.

CC

Don't waste her on him, send her here at once

Nurse this is where it seems to need attention...

;)

Where's me grippy socks?   :)

• Haha 6

39 minutes ago, perdu said:

Nurse this is where it seems to need attention...

;)

Where's me grippy socks?   :)

Job done Bill !!

On the spot for a colleague !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Haha 2

Welcome back Tony. I’m a little late to the catch up party but what a wonderful time I’ve just had. Those little brass parts are amazing and the intake save was taken so much in your stride it was hardly even a thing. I’m looking forward to paint going on, but you knew that right?👨‍🎨 I know you’re not a pre shade tart like my good self so I’m really aching to see what you have planned in the iron chicken body shop, not to mention the moody pics of mid paint goodness.  😎

Good luck at the Hospotal tomorrow, it seems the curse of the 🔙 is one we all share in some form or another. Natures way of reminding us that we’re all just made of meat. Apparently I need to do yoga. 🙏  Take care dear boy. 

Johnny boy. 😀

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/12/2018 at 3:28 PM, perdu said:

but slow movement and decent self medification is working

That is good to hear Bill. :nod:

On 7/12/2018 at 3:50 PM, corsaircorp said:

Be carefull Tony Aaaarrrr Looking nurses ??? You dare ??? Are they Karmeliet too ???

Take care my friend !

As expected Cc they turned out to be professional, dedicated, and certainly not to be trifled with! :laugh: 

(Of course, they also know that you're anaesthetized and completely at their mercy!)

To be truthful I always feel like a rather crude example of humanity when meeting people who work with such grace and care in the health sector.

On 7/12/2018 at 10:17 PM, bigbadbadge said:

Good luck with your hospital visit. Hope all goes well especially with the dressing gown and grippey socks.

Unable to locate any grippersox I had to content myself with a pair of grandad slippers from Tesco - to the scorn of my sons... :facepalm:

On 7/12/2018 at 11:02 PM, perdu said:

You need to go private for that these days Bill. 😉

When did cottage hospitals stop being a thing? I always like the sound of convalescing from something minor in one of them whilst Virginia McKenna mopped one's brow beneath the clematis...

On 7/12/2018 at 11:48 PM, The Spadgent said:

I know you’re not a pre shade tart like my good self

Fully expect to see you knighted for services to pre-shading and receive the Duchy of Lancaster for current efforts Johnny. :thumbsup:

it seems the curse of the 🔙 is one we all share in some form or another. Natures way of reminding us that we’re all just made of meat.

Exactly right. :thumbsup2:

The science-fiction writer Gregory Benford had a nice riff on a similar theme, referring to the human species as  'dreaming vertebrates':  something which always struck me as being a wonderful description of being conscious of being in - and of  - a body...

Apparently I need to do yoga. 

Not as odd as it sounds Johnny - something I'm coming round to considering too in fact. Not sure I'd rock the lycra-look too well these days though... :shocked:

Well, after the varied indignities the Baronial torso faced yesterday  - culminating in a nerve-blocking treatment that may help matters - I discovered I felt pretty out of sorts upon waking up this morning and so plans to crack on with the snag list were stymied:

29530750238_f4a6e53dc9_c.jpg

Mentally I'm just not focussed enough to do anything serious, though I did make a start on repairing (with a smear of Milliput) item 1, where the bit had slipped slightly when drilling out the opening to receive the port DF antenna:

42684455444_2ca26df168_c.jpg

As a reminder to myself I also pencilled-in the fact that the nosewheel door is a two-part affair, comprising of forward and rear sections as seen here:

141216-F-IO108-002.JPG

My mood was not helped by realizing what a mysterious 'click' sound had been a couple of days back when test-fitting the BT to the fuselage:

43400825371_43daca8444_c.jpg

I've lost the inside panelling of one of the side doors! It should look like this:

29530750408_977a40899d_c.jpg

No point in throwing the toys out the pram of course, but after a thorough search revealed no sign of the blighter (how does something that big just vanish?), my remaining motivation just drained away completely and I decided to leave the plastic alone for the rest of today and go watch the England match.

Before that I managed to partially restore a smidgeon of self-respect by finally fixing up a wider light source for overhead the bench:

43400825211_d4391553e6_c.jpg

This is basically the light socket and lampshade salvaged from an old studio rostrum camera. Having rewired it for domestic use, I mounted it on that bar, (itself salvaged from old fishing rod stand - beachcasting with my back these days? No way Jose...), finally cutting-down a bolt and attaching a spanner to produce a crude but  effective setup to lock the light in position at the required angle:

42684455424_2f5d21ae43_c.jpg

Clamped to the shelf with an old Lidl vice, I don't think it'll fall down.... 💡

Ok. I'm off to mope and moan about for the remainder of the day feeling as if I should have bucked my ideas up a bit better but didn't....

• Like 12
  • Sad 1