Catching Pictures in the Air

Crackers and bonkers in the nut Tony that’s what you are. But I loves it. :fool:Ripping the whole Cockpit apart to move the seats forward is wonderfully crackers and exactly what this hobby of ours is all about. To be fair I’m not sure if I would be able to have done that but then again I did re-wangle the cat office a few times, although not to this extent. It’s the “knowing” and the “will I regret it for evah” part that pushes us on eh. Stunning Sunday service Barony. I’m in awe, did you happen to mention paint? :penguin:;) In sure you did. Mmmmmm paint.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/20/2018 at 2:40 PM, TheBaron said:

O rotary-oracle - please favour your uninformed subject with an explanation as to why the pitot would be positioned in such a location?

I assume it was an attempt to minimise pressure error caused by downwash.  I have no idea whether it worked or not (& I don't remember the top of cockpit pitots giving us any great issues).  You wouldn't want to put the pitot up there for a Naval aircraft; it would take approximately 15 minutes before a Grubber bashed it on the hangar roof when embarked!

The PJ figures are good, aren't they?  Even if they do make you remodel your entire cockpit!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, TheBaron said:

Keith the wise

Who be that then? Must be two Keiths watching the thread....!!

Not long back from a weekend visiting daughter & family in Hampshire (although we returned earlier than planned due to the white stuff falling from the sky starting to stick on the ground!) so playing catch up on lots of threads so apols for not commenting on your excellent work over the weekend Tony.

The rebuilt radio rack is superb, and the new cockpit windows will make a huge difference. But I have to say I'm surprised that there are no micro engineered soldered brass frames to stick the new windows to....!! :D

Cracking stuff Tony, this will be one of, if not the, best Italeri Boxcar's ever built!

Keith

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

I assume it was an attempt to minimise pressure error caused by downwash.  I have no idea whether it worked or not (& I don't remember the top of cockpit pitots giving us any great issues).  You wouldn't want to put the pitot up there for a Naval aircraft; it would take approximately 15 minutes before a Grubber bashed it on the hangar roof when embarked!

The PJ figures are good, aren't they?  Even if they do make you remodel your entire cockpit!

I oft' times pondered the reason for an up top pitot but could never get my head round it, maybe the longer cabin would put the original pitot into a null/over pressure zone deeper in the rotor wash

Matters to me because?

Yes I have a S61N to finalise too and making rotors moveable but pitot not is in my near future...

😯

Edited by perdu
  • Like 2

On 21/01/2018 at 3:31 PM, limeypilot said:

Much better positioning for the seats and rudder pedals. Now it can be flown by non basketball players!

Saves me the effort of scratch-building giraffes to be able to read the numbers on the IP dials too!

On 21/01/2018 at 5:36 PM, The Spadgent said:

Ripping the whole Cockpit apart to move the seats forward is wonderfully crackers and exactly what this hobby of ours is all about.

Feng shui or die! :evil_laugh:

22 hours ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

assume it was an attempt to minimise pressure error caused by downwash.  I have no idea whether it worked or not (& I don't remember the top of cockpit pitots giving us any great issues)

An earlier version of the Pacer system on Apaches perhaps?

https://books.google.ie/books?id=B3-WN4wcf6YC&pg=PA238&lpg=PA238&dq=pitot+tube+on+helicopter+rotor&source=bl&ots=jsg_uvMlxD&sig=M11TXjQxBH6JZX7WEnayM5_pfCw&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjh69zUpuzYAhUoJsAKHUlADlsQ6AEwDnoECAYQAQ#v=onepage&q=pitot tube on helicopter rotor&f=false

22 hours ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

The PJ figures are good, aren't they?

They really are! Nice sharp mouldings and a splendid range of subjects.

Not the last time that my shekels will be heading their way...

22 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Impressive work on the canopy.

The Boxcar Cabriolet - for when you absolutely positively must catch that satellite payload in style...

22 hours ago, keefr22 said:

(although we returned earlier than planned due to the white stuff falling from the sky starting to stick on the ground!)

They live near a flour mill?

But I have to say I'm surprised that there are no micro engineered soldered brass frames to stick the new windows to

Briefly, ever so briefly considered soldering a framework, but ohhhh the plethora of angles just invited so many mistakes...

this will be one of, if not the, best Italeri Boxcar's ever built

The barometer in our hall just shattered with that sudden increase in pressure!:lol:

21 hours ago, 71chally said:

Aww missed opportunity there Tony, if you knelt down more you could have captured a cat-on-cat!

Truly you have the soul of an artist James. ^_^

21 hours ago, 71chally said:

Superb work on that cockpit, just gets betterer

At this rate it could be some time before we get back out of it again...

11 hours ago, perdu said:

Matters to me because?

Yes I have a S61N to finalise too and making rotors moveable but pitot not is in my near future...

Will yours have an umbrella?

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

On 21/01/2018 at 10:41, TheBaron said:

To say that I'm pleased/relieved would be an understatement

Quite rightly, lovely job :)

On 21/01/2018 at 13:29, TheBaron said:

Layer of low-tack tape over transparency

You'll never see through THAT! :shrug:

Great work on the internals too your highness. If your Stanley blade goes dull, Giorgio (I think) put me on to single edged razor blades. Cheap as chips and with a free holder.

• Like 1

Business not as usual for a bit chaps - Mrs B's mother died this morning so will be off-air for a few days until after the funeral.

Take care of yourselves.

Tony

• Sad 9

32 minutes ago, TheBaron said:

Business not as usual for a bit chaps - Mrs B's mother died this morning so will be off-air for a few days until after the funeral.

Take care of yourselves.

Tony

Deepest condolences, Tony. Very sorry to read it.

• Thanks 1

@perdu, @Spookytooth, @Procopius, @keefr22, @Hamden, @The Spadgent, @limeypilot, @CedB, @rob85, @bbudde, @Martian Hale

My thanks to all of you for your kinds words gentlemen- I showed them to Catherine and she was very touched by your messages.

With the funeral now over we're just putting family life back together, life goes on of course and I hope you guys are all doing ok. 

I hope to get back to you in a few days - all the best until then. 

:bye:

Tony

• Like 13

Hi Tony 

Wow some fantastic modelling fella.  I have been away for quite a while and have not been able to read a lot of of this thread but wow so far. Love the glazing work.  Keep up the good work 

My condolences to your missus and you and your family too.

All the best 

Chris 

• Thanks 1