60s NATO Vs Warsaw Pact in Europe GB Chat

I'll sign up for this one too. 

In accordance with my personal commitment to buy no more kits until I get my stash back into one cupboard, I'm going to have rustle through it to see what I can build. But I know for sure there is an Airfix HMS Victorious there...and a Leander...and I also have a monster 1/48 Sea Vixen taking up a lot of space. In reality once built it will still take up a lot of space, but at least it will be built!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mirageiv said:

For sure! Hopefully a Lightning. Lets be honest, probably will end up being a Starfighter though :winkgrin:

Either make for cool subjects :) 

23 hours ago, RMP2 said:

Cool.

I have a Hunter and a couple of other bits that should be good for this. Count me in, please!

Always happy to see a Hunter getting built :D 

9 hours ago, bianfuxia said:

I'll sign up for this one too. 

In accordance with my personal commitment to buy no more kits until I get my stash back into one cupboard, I'm going to have rustle through it to see what I can build. But I know for sure there is an Airfix HMS Victorious there...and a Leander...and I also have a monster 1/48 Sea Vixen taking up a lot of space. In reality once built it will still take up a lot of space, but at least it will be built!

Going back to an era when Britain still has a navy and a Fleet Air Arm to fly off some of those ships gives us more cool options ;) 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Lex77 said:

Let me think about it..................

Yes I'm in with a F-104G!

Anothoer Starfighter? Oh go on then :D A Dutch one perhaps?

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Yes please!  I have a Javelin and an early Spey Phantom to make!

This will be cool and I will have built a Phantom in each Nato GB.  Just the 1990's to go. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, At Sea said:

Yes please!  I have a Javelin and an early Spey Phantom to make!

This will be cool and I will have built a Phantom in each Nato GB.  Just the 1990's to go. 

Now that is a cool pairing :coolio: 

Plenty room in the 90's edition for a Phantom as well :D 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2017 at 11:38 AM, Col. said:

After the success of the 80s NATO Vs Warsaw Pact in Europe GB and the fun we're currently having in the 70s edition now seems a good time to raise the possibility of following up with the 60s edition. So, who's up for it?

1, Col.

2, helios16v

3, Ale85

4, modelling minion

5, DAG058

6, Dave_R

7, Jabba

8, Wez

9, wimbledon99

10, franky boy

11, PhantomBigStu

12, Arniec

13, vppelt68

14, IanHx

15, SoftScience

16, mirageiv

17, RPM2

18, bianfuxia

19, Lex77

20, At Sea

21, Colinchipmunkfan

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/7/2017 at 11:38 AM, Col. said:

After the success of the 80s NATO Vs Warsaw Pact in Europe GB and the fun we're currently having in the 70s edition now seems a good time to raise the possibility of following up with the 60s edition. So, who's up for it?

1, Col.

2, helios16v

3, Ale85

4, modelling minion

5, DAG058

6, Dave_R

7, Jabba

8, Wez

9, wimbledon99

10, franky boy

11, PhantomBigStu

12, Arniec

13, vppelt68

14, IanHx

15, SoftScience

16, mirageiv

17, RPM2

18, bianfuxia

19, Lex77

20, At Sea

21, Colinchipmunkfan

I'm new to this - are there any rules, deadlines etc?

thanks

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ColinChipmunkfan said:

thanks

Have a look at the '70s NATO/Warsaw for details.  The '60s edition will be identical with the exception of the decade.  The current list is to generate interest, as we'll need 30 (I think) to get this GB on the ballot for next years GB Vote which will happen in the fall.  If you think you'd likely be interested, just post up and Col will get you added to the list.

The '70s version...going on now. ;)  http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/forum/583-70s-nato-vs-warsaw-pact-in-europe-gb/

• Like 1

On 2017-5-22 at 9:56 AM, ColinChipmunkfan said:

thanks

On 2017-5-22 at 2:26 PM, helios16v said:

Have a look at the '70s NATO/Warsaw for details.  The '60s edition will be identical with the exception of the decade.  The current list is to generate interest, as we'll need 30 (I think) to get this GB on the ballot for next years GB Vote which will happen in the fall.  If you think you'd likely be interested, just post up and Col will get you added to the list.

The '70s version...going on now. ;)  http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/forum/583-70s-nato-vs-warsaw-pact-in-europe-gb/

Thank you @helios16v, there's nothing else I can add in reply @ColinChipmunkfan other than to say welcome to the list :) Hopefully we will get a few more names on the list and then make it through the voting to conduct the next edition of our GB in due course.

On 2017-5-30 at 7:19 PM, Valkyrie said:

IIIIIIIINNNN something Czechoslovak or Russian please....

Good man :D 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

1/48 Harrier GR1 (needs decals) and a Hunter here. Seems both qualify and in camo with LAG underside, just how I like my RAF bits. Either/both would go nicely with my Jag, Phantom and Lightning in the same camo scheme. :)

See how my spare time goes but Id like to see at least the Harrier done. Its a simple kit, I have space for the little thing and cant see any after market complications................................................................................................. :worry:

EDIT: Next year?!?!?!?!
Actually, yea, I might have finished other stuff by then. Works out perfect. ;)

EDIT EDIT: Oh. Spey Phantoms qualify too....? Oh dear.

Edited by RMP2
  • Like 2

On 14/06/2017 at 11:20 PM, RMP2 said:

EDIT EDIT: Oh. Spey Phantoms qualify too....? Oh dear.

I though this...  700p NAS.  Maybe with a nice orange heron on the fin.

1 minute ago, At Sea said:

That'll mean I have built a Brit Phantom in every iteration of this Group Build.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, At Sea said:

That'll mean I have built a Brit Phantom in every iteration of this Group Build.  

Would be camo for me with the early roundels. When did BL755s come into service...? :)

In all honesty though I think a nice n simple Harrier is more likely. I would only get carried away with another Phantom.

• Like 2

Yes I'd love to join in , fingers are tightly crossed that tan models have they're 1/48 buccaneer out by the time this comes around, although I'll probably change my mind a hundred times till the start,

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Col.

This looks like another golden opportunity for me to fail to finish a model on time!....So I'm definitely on for this. ?U-2 ?Yak-25R or something like that.

Alan