60s NATO Vs Warsaw Pact in Europe GB Chat

Here are some possibilities...definitely the German Sea Hawk, the G.91 and the Mig.  I would like to include the Percival Provost trainer.  Was a decision made about UK based trainers?

41920279295_8d37dede32_z_d.jpg

--John

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, John D.C. Masters said:

Here are some possibilities...definitely the German Sea Hawk, the G.91 and the Mig.  I would like to include the Percival Provost trainer.  Was a decision made about UK based trainers?

41920279295_8d37dede32_z_d.jpg

--John

Alas no trainers unless they had a secondary armed role in times of conflict. Still leaves you with plenty cool options though.

ok this is a request for anyone who may have either some decals for a 1/48th Luftwaffe F-86K or any 1/48th Modern Luftwaffe decals.

I'm a bit scared the ones that came with my model maybe no good. The only similar ones I've found are some Victory Production ones for a F-104. They're no longer in production and the last ones on sale on eBay went for $500 USD!! So any modern, well 60's to 80's Luftwaffe decals would or may be of help.

Now why can't I build normal models! :wall:

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 1:48 PM, trickyrich said:

Where's the fun in that? Besides, how many interesting schemes can you find for an F-16 :sleep_1:

On 18 juni 2018 at 2:48 PM, trickyrich said:

ok this is a request for anyone who may have either some decals for a 1/48th Luftwaffe F-86K or any 1/48th Modern Luftwaffe decals.

I'm a bit scared the ones that came with my model maybe no good. The only similar ones I've found are some Victory Production ones for a F-104. They're no longer in production and the last ones on sale on eBay went for $500 USD!! So any modern, well 60's to 80's Luftwaffe decals would or may be of help.

I have got a set of decals for the normal German Sabre jet. If I am not mistaken, then they are the same size for both versions. You can have them Rich. I will send them over to you, if I still have the adress. If not, than I will send you a PM for the details. 

Cheers,

2 hours ago, Arniec said:

I have got a set of decals for the normal German Sabre jet. If I am not mistaken, then they are the same size for both versions. You can have them Rich. I will send them over to you, if I still have the adress. If not, than I will send you a PM for the details. 

Cheers,

that would be great Arnold, but hold off for now. I have the ones that came with the model but I'm not sure if they're any good. The one for the Vigilante looked ok but but even after a few hours in water they still wouldn't release! I'll do a test run with some I won't be using to see how they go. Will PM you if I do end up needing them.

cheers

• Like 1

Hi Rich. I have got this kit. https://www.scalemates.com/kits/245164-special-hobby-sh48123-f-86k-sabre-dog

With looking into it I just found that there is also a partial decals set from HaHen decals. These are specialiced for the German F-86K. https://www.aviationmegastore.com/north-american-f86k-sabre-luftwaffe-hh48011-harald-hensel-hh48011-aircraft-scale-modelling-decals/product/?action=prodinfo&art=49546 

It looked like tis set, but is a bit different. If you need them then I will send them over both. 😁

Cheers,

• Thanks 1

That's unbelievable!!!! :yikes:

I spent ages the other day searching for Luftwaffe decals for the F-86K and those HaHen ones didn't show up at all in any of the searches. Even Aviation Megastore didn't show them when I searched.

Thanks for the offer but I went straight to their site and got a new set plus a set for my F-104 (the decal for that one were the Luftwaffe anniversary ones)! This is the best day ever!! :yahoo: Guess now I'll have to start planning the F-104 build as well.

Plus I may have to get myself a 1/48th RF-84F as well soon, Luftwaffe as well.

• Like 1

We are now exactly one month away from this one starting today :jump_fire:

Everyone know which models they want to work on? I've too much choice and too many stalled projects on the bench so need to get cracking :o

20 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Trying to avoid anymore group build entries having had a burnout but maybe I’ll be ready with another, if so it’ll be a airfix/alleycat lightning f3 in 56sqn markings :) 

11 hours ago, John D.C. Masters said:

I think I'll have to start off with a Mig-21SM from the Czech Invasion, 1968.

A couple of cool choices lads and, as Enzo says...

11 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Can't go wrong with a Lightning.

...or, indeed, a MiG-21 in my eyes :D 

I'll try and join in with a late model Meteor to balance all the new generation jets coming up. Probably a nightfighter NF14

Colin 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Might still be going with the planned F-105 but keep getting "distracted" by other potential subjects like F-102's, F-4's and Mig-21's.

I think you already know my opinion on that sort of thing... :wicked:

• Haha 2

On 6/28/2018 at 7:37 AM, Col. said:

We are now exactly one month away from this one starting today :jump_fire:

Everyone know which models they want to work on? I've too much choice and too many stalled projects on the bench so need to get cracking :o

I've narrowed my list down to these mostly in 1/48 -

Airfix Lightning F2

Hasegawa F-104 various airforces to choose from, all in nmf. The current front runner.

Hasegawa A-4c Skyhawk from USS JFK's Med cruise of 1969.

New Airfix Phantom in 1/72 in very early FAA colours also from 1969. I think this is eligible. Someone please advise if not.

Eduard Mig 21 in Czech invasion colours.

Smer Su-7. Not sure about this one TBH. A lot of work.

Time to start making decisions and also finish of current builds.

Looking forward to it.

James

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Wez said:

I'm hoping the Sword RF-84F has been released in time as its right up this GB's street!

Mmm we can live in hope. Can't recall the last time I've seen an RF-84F model and as you say ideal for this GB.

10 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Might still be going with the planned F-105 but keep getting "distracted" by other potential subjects like F-102's, F-4's and Mig-21's.

Any or, as Enzo says, all of these would be cool but the F-105 is certainly the less common option.

7 hours ago, Colin W said:

I'll try and join in with a late model Meteor to balance all the new generation jets coming up. Probably a nightfighter NF14

Colin 

Ooh nice choice sir!

2 minutes ago, franky boy said:

I've narrowed my list down to these mostly in 1/48 -

Airfix Lightning F2

Hasegawa F-104 various airforces to choose from, all in nmf. The current front runner.

Hasegawa A-4c Skyhawk from USS JFK's Med cruise of 1969.

New Airfix Phantom in 1/72 in very early FAA colours also from 1969. I think this is eligible. Someone please advise if not.

Eduard Mig 21 in Czech invasion colours.

Smer Su-7. Not sure about this one TBH. A lot of work.

Time to start making decisions and also finish of current builds.

Looking forward to it.

James

A good list of options there James. The Skyhawk in particular caught my eye as being unusual but the FAA Phantom would be phine as well ;) 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Col. said:

Mmm we can live in hope. Can't recall the last time I've seen an RF-84F model and as you say ideal for this GB.

Any or, as Enzo says, all of these would be cool but the F-105 is certainly the less common option.

Ooh nice choice sir!

A good list of options there James. The Skyhawk in particular caught my eye as being unusual but the FAA Phantom would be phine as well ;) 

Thanks Col

The Skyhawk is definitely in with a good shout as is the Phantom.

Looks like it's going to be a good and varied GB.

James

• Like 2