60s NATO Vs Warsaw Pact in Europe GB Chat

2 minutes ago, Creepy Pete said:

It's the 1/72 kit. I wish I had one in 1/48.

Either way it's all good :) You planning to start it soon?

2 minutes ago, Ghostbase said:

I just knew a Phantom was going to sneak in here somehow 😉

It was only a matter of time. I'm just surprised there hasn't been more yet.

43 minutes ago, Creepy Pete said:

In a couple of weeks. I have to finish a Fokker Eindecker and a Breguet Atlantic first.

That's cool. Will look forward to seeing your thread :) 

An Atlantic? Unusual subject but that's no bad thing.

2 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello @Col. Just a heads up ... If I get my Deuce done in reasonable time.  I now have a Mig-21 with polish markings from 1967, i will be entering this as my second build. 

Cool! That'll give you a nice balance of Capitalist Pig and Commie Scum if you do :D A type of ying and yang from a modelling perspective.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2018 at 7:21 PM, Sanjuro said:

Checked a few pictures I have and all seem to show a light grey too

38 minutes ago, Giorgio N said:

Folks, I'll not be starting anytime soon as I have no time for building kits and am busy hosting the Brits Abroad GB, but I promise I'll join at some point. Subject will be a Dutch F-104 in the grey scheme.

Sorry to hear that Giorgio but know how busy it can get as a GB host. Have a shocking record of not finishing my own projects for the GBs I've moderated but helping others enjoy them is a rich reward. Hopefully we'll get to see your Starfighter soon once everything calms down for you.

• Like 2

Back from vacation so starting in a couple of days on my Dutch (T)F-104G but not sure wich version to make.

Was thinking about a grey TF-104G with the metallic backpart, an all grey F-104G or a camouflaged F-104G.

The grey F-104G is being done by Giorgio so probably that one isn't my favourite one to build.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lex77 said:

Back from vacation so starting in a couple of days on my Dutch (T)F-104G but not sure wich version to make.

Was thinking about a grey TF-104G with the metallic backpart, an all grey F-104G or a camouflaged F-104G.

The grey F-104G is being done by Giorgio so probably that one isn't my favourite one to build.

A grey TF-104G with the metalic hot end gets my vote :) 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I just discovered that the 2A3 was still in service until the mid 60s:

product_1667.jpg

This could get expensive!  :doh:

Now that's a gun!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Oh yes.....And it didn't mess about with piffling high explosives!

This one fired nukes! 

Sounds as good a reason to have one in the GB as anything :D 

• Like 1

really BIG gun...I like very much!!!

I know Panzershop did a resin/metal 1/35th scale monster! I came sooo close to buying one, just a wee bit on the expensive side, but it came with Friulmodel tracks! Have been looking and it's no longer available! :crying:  Guess I'll have to start trolling evilBay if I want one. Though Trumpeter I think has one, but it's plastic and no fun.

It may be a contender for the 50's GB???  :hmmm:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I might start with something a little smaller (& less expensive), but I do sense the arrival of a largish box, postmarked Bulgaria, at Squarehead Towers in the not too distant future.  ;)

Good man :D 

11 hours ago, trickyrich said:

really BIG gun...I like very much!!!

I know Panzershop did a resin/metal 1/35th scale monster! I came sooo close to buying one, just a wee bit on the expensive side, but it came with Friulmodel tracks! Have been looking and it's no longer available! :crying:  Guess I'll have to start trolling evilBay if I want one. Though Trumpeter I think has one, but it's plastic and no fun.

It may be a contender for the 50's GB???  :hmmm:

You'll not get your resin fix from a boring Trumpeter kit Rich :( 

It would certainly go well in the 50s GB too :) 

• Haha 1

I just found a MisterCraft Mig-19S amongst the pile.  It looks relatively uncomplicated (and probably inaccurate) and might suit me well in the near future.  It'll be a straight forward Russki bird, as opposed to one of these pesky pinko satellites I am so fond of...😉

3 hours ago, John D.C. Masters said:

I just found a MisterCraft Mig-19S amongst the pile.  It looks relatively uncomplicated (and probably inaccurate) and might suit me well in the near future.  It'll be a straight forward Russki bird, as opposed to one of these pesky pinko satellites I am so fond of...😉

From what I've read it's a copy of the KP kit with recessed panel lines and not too bad for that.

It looks alright Col.  The panel lines are nice...not much for interior detail but I will see what I can do.  Also, I am thinking of trying to have the airbrakes 'open'...some mild work perhaps.

Edited by John D.C. Masters
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, John D.C. Masters said:

It looks alright Col.  The panel lines are nice...not much for interior detail but I will see what I can do.  Also, I am thinking of trying to have the airbrakes 'open'...some mild work perhaps.

That sounds as if it could get complicated :lol: 

I've posted this here as well as my build post (not much progress there TBH) as more people will probably read this one :) 

Good afternoon gents, I'm after a little info about the hunter F6 weapons loadout for 56 Squadron XF526 in the 1960s

I've looked for pics on the web as the Academy options aren't specific to the decal options and seem a bit vague to me, unless I'm being thick which isn't uncommon

I need to predrill the wings before I join the 2 halves as I want to dry fit the intakes/fuselage/wings as there is a generic gap issue so I believe

The only pic I have found is this one which seems to show the tanks on the outer pylon, but most other hunters seem to have the tanks inner pylon and a hardpoint on the outer for I assume rocket pods?

https://abpic.co.uk/pictures/registration/XF526

Any help greatly appreciated as I've got to the confused stage now

Thanks

Ian

I'm not quite sure if this would qualify for this GB, it may have just scraped in?

IMG_1796-L.jpg

But what an awesome looking beast! Those missiles are huge, and in the model the main body of them is cast in one piece!

IMG_1799-L.jpg 

and it's really nicely done.....why can't they do the same on their aircraft models???

Plus the tracks are incredible..

IMG_1798-L.jpg

IMG_1797-L.jpg

I've never seen so much effort and plastic used to create tracks. The leftover frames will be great for constructing buildings and such.

Question though, does anyone know the base vehicle that was used to create this tracked vehicle? I ask because I want to replace the tracks with some metal ones from Friulmodel, but they don't do tracks for this. So I need to find the common series these tracks are from.

Unfortunately I just don't have enough time to build this one for this GB.

• Like 2