60s NATO Vs Warsaw Pact in Europe GB Chat

Anyone have a Photo of the Intake duct on an F-102 ? I know the forward sections are aluminum skin/paint but i need the deeper areas right by the J-57 face ? The instructions call for Zinc chromate green on the bulkhead ? But im thinking aluminum/lt gray/white in this area ?  

1 hour ago, Col. said:

3 & 1/2 hours and counting :bounce:

Don't worry gang, I'm stuck at work with nobody to talk with, either the job will happen or get cancelled soon so this novelty will wear thin once I get to go home <_<

it's started here!!  :D  Though I'm now too tried to do anything been up since 4am to watch that rotten moon disappear! Whoever did the scheduling for that needs a good talking to! :nono:   9pm is a much more civilised time to watch things like that....and not as cold!! :cold:

On to subject......I had a better look at the Heller AMX.......now I'm really scared! You have to build the hull up and it all warped!! :yikes: So much for that being a simple build.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Anyone have a Photo of the Intake duct on an F-102 ? I know the forward sections are aluminum skin/paint but i need the deeper areas right by the J-57 face ? The instructions call for Zinc chromate green on the bulkhead ? But im thinking aluminum/lt gray/white in this area ?  

I'd have thought most likely white as well but hopefully someone will know for sure.

34 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

it's started here!!  :D  Though I'm now too tried to do anything been up since 4am to watch that rotten moon disappear! Whoever did the scheduling for that needs a good talking to! :nono:   9pm is a much more civilised time to watch things like that....and not as cold!! :cold:

On to subject......I had a better look at the Heller AMX.......now I'm really scared! You have to build the hull up and it all warped!! :yikes: So much for that being a simple build.

A heavy thunderstorm put paid to any idea of seeing the moon in my wee corner of Scotland but some spectacular lightning was a fine compensation.

Edited by Col.

31 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

up since 4am to watch that rotten moon disappear! Whoever did the scheduling for that needs a good talking to! :nono: 

Yep!  No clouds for ten days.  And then the eclipse rolls around and the clouds queue up to get in the way.  Flippin' typical!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Col. said:

A heavy thunderstorm put paid to any idea of seeing the moon in my wee corner of Scotland but some spectacular lightning was a fine compensation.

9 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Yep!  No clouds for ten days.  And then the eclipse rolls around and the clouds queue up to get in the way.  Flippin' typical!

I don't know guys.... you have nice sunny weather and you complain, cloudy weather and you complain........ :D

here we go, sorry t'not that sharp, the scope and camera setup are new and this was the first time I've played with them

Red_Moon_01%20small.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

I don't know guys.... you have nice sunny weather and you complain, cloudy weather and you complain........ :D

here we go, sorry t'not that sharp, the scope and camera setup are new and this was the first time I've played with them

Red_Moon_01%20small.jpg

That's a cracking photograph Rich. Thanks for posting it. As for complaining about the weather; aww hell no! I love a good lightning storm :D  Was cycling home from work and got a front row seat to a few good flashes buried in the clouds then sat at the window for a couple hours enjoying the show as it passed by.

1 minute ago, Enzo Matrix said:

I like complaining...

Some people are only happy when they are moaning :lol: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

cycling in a thunderstorm!! Careful you don't end up a crispy critter! 

Cycling in general round here can feel like an extreme sport some days when playing with the traffic but was on a titanium frame so that doesn't act as a good lightning conducter. Does it!?! :lol: 

1 hour ago, Col. said:

Cycling in general round here can feel like an extreme sport some days when playing with the traffic but was on a titanium frame so that doesn't act as a good lightning conducter. Does it!?! :lol: 

🚴‍♂️ +  = 👻

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

It does look like aluminum/light gray in this picture:

https://media.defense.gov/2016/Aug/29/2001618988/780/780/0/160829-F-IO108-006.JPG

(found here: https://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/Visit/Museum-Exhibits/Fact-Sheets/Display/Article/198057/convair-f-102a-delta-dagger/)

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Franz75 said:

Is Russian  Beriev Be -6 is allowed in this GB? 

If it served within Europe and during the 1960s then yes :) 

After yesterdays horror building day today's was awesome....even with a head cold. It was so good that I could help myself and went shopping!!!  :yahoo:

With the AMX-13 DCA in the naughty corner and soon to be the bin :rant: I have a new project for this GB. 

With all those pesky low flying NATO aircraft rushing around and disturbing the peacefulness of the Communist dream, I've decided to do something about it. An evil beast to fix them will soon appear on the horizon.....or when the postman decides to show up! :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trickyrich said:

...With all those pesky low flying NATO aircraft rushing around and disturbing the peacefulness of the Communist dream, I've decided to do something about it. An evil beast to fix them will soon appear on the horizon.....or when the postman decides to show up! :D

An excellent plan commrade! That'll teach the Capitalist scum a lesson :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, John D.C. Masters said:

Please, gentlemen, please...it is Capitalist pigs and Commie scum...get it right for crying' out loud!  😁

Oops! I do beg your pardon :lol:

1 hour ago, John D.C. Masters said:

...Capitalist pigs and Commie scum...

Think we have the theme for the end of GB votes here :D 

47 minutes ago, Creepy Pete said:

Hmmm, sounds like someone has to keep an eye on that commie scum. A perfect job for the Alconbury flying club.

q8AJtG1.jpg

Oooh nice! :wub: Is this 48th or 72nd?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Creepy Pete said:

Hmmm, sounds like someone has to keep an eye on that commie scum. A perfect job for the Alconbury flying club.

q8AJtG1.jpg

I just knew a Phantom was going to sneak in here somehow 😉