60s NATO Vs Warsaw Pact in Europe GB Chat

1 hour ago, At Sea said:

Having been in the last 2 it's rude not to!

I'll be in with a Victor or Vulcan please.

Good man :thumbsup: 

1 hour ago, fatfingers said:

Evenin' chaps,

Room for me? I've got a Dragon Saladin that would fit in quite nicely :D

Regards 

Steve 

Plenty room Steve :thumbsup: We do, after all, have the whole of Europe to play in ;) 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Blitz23 said:

I do fancy a Lightning in my collection, most likely a Wattisham based A/C if it's eligible.

Sounds good to me. In fact it sounds a great choice :thumbsup: 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Blitz23 said:

I shall also be building a Delta Dagger, A/C will either be a German or Dutch based machine.

I'm particularly looking forward to the variety of machinery this GB allows us to model and here's another good example :thumbsup: 

33 minutes ago, Col. said:

I'm particularly looking forward to the variety of machinery this GB allows us to model and here's another good example :thumbsup: 

Xtradecal have a lovely sheet of US Daggers based in Europe in the 60s, dare say I'll pick the most colourful one.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've been sort of tossing up whether to do a build for this one or not, considering my current work load, and planned workload. After looking at the dates again there's a good chance I'll be in for this.

I have two options, the first I bought recently at an antique place here in Sydney, it certainly fits the "antique" bit!!!

IMG_1356-M.jpg

It even came with the original glue.....long since dead! The only extra for this one will be Friulmodel tracks which I have.

The second option is part of the stash clearance I'm trying to do, a Collect-Aire F-86K (D & L as well).

IMG_1350-M.jpg

It'll be my 5th resin and 3rd Collect-Aire build of the year, but I really do need to do something about the stash as I'm running out of room for new stuff....well more like hiding space!! :whistle:

If I'm really stupid or have too much free time I'll do both!

• Like 2

You know what Enzo will say @trickyrich ;) All joking aside though, both look to be good kits of less common subjects, AMX13 just pips the Sabredog for me but it's a close run fight.

9 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Just to confirm, is Kubinka air base considered to be in Europe?

Yes. Both the air base and tank proving ground are west of the Ural Mountains and therefore within our sphere of interest :) 

• Thanks 1

So my plan for an early Mig-21F works.  I'm looking to build a number of aircraft in natural metal with nose intakes.  Currently that means Mig-21F, F-100D and Super Mystere B2.  Were 19 and 92 Sqn deployed to Germany in the 60s?  If so, I might chuck a Lightning F.2 into the mix.

Edit:   Answering my own question here...   yes they were!   Lightning F2 it is...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

So my plan for an early Mig-21F works.  I'm looking to build a number of aircraft in natural metal with nose intakes.  Currently that means Mig-21F, F-100D and Super Mystere B2.  Were 19 and 92 Sqn deployed to Germany in the 60s?  If so, I might chuck a Lightning F.2 into the mix.

Edit:   Answering my own question here...   yes they were!   Lightning F2 it is...

Sounds as damned fine set of subjects to me sir :wub: 

As for your lovely Lightning; remember mainland UK based subjects are eligible for this GB as well ;) 

21 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

I realise that but I'm being a bit of a pedantic purist

Who are you and what have you done with Enzo?

I reckon you should build the East German and the Soviet one...   ...whilst you're at it throw a Polish and Czechoslovak one into the mix...   :whistle:

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Wez said:

Who are you and what have you done with Enzo?

I reckon you should build the East German and the Soviet one...   ...whilst you're at it throw a Polish and Czechoslovak one into the mix...   :whistle:

hmmm now what is his favourite saying????  It's just on the tip of my tongue..........

• Haha 3

On 19/04/2018 at 5:57 PM, modelling minion said:

Interesting link MM. The quote which caugh my eye was "The 215th squadron replaced their old MiG-15bisR Fagot-B type to new MiG-21R Fishbed-H in 1966"  Bit of an upgrade then! :blink:

Edited by Col.
  • Like 1

Hey everyone,

If I'm right - based on about 25 seconds of research - my HMS Victorious 1/600 airfix kit won't qualify for this because that ship was mostly in the "Far East" (which for me is the Middle Here) during the 1960s. That is, it conducted operations there and was only near the UK/NATO area on its way to or from port?

If so then I will try to join with a 1/600 County Class DDG I have in my stash:

I managed two builds in the 70s NATO-WARPAC GB, including a ship, so hopefully I can finish one for this GB too.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 10:20 AM, bianfuxia said:

Hey everyone,

If I'm right - based on about 25 seconds of research - my HMS Victorious 1/600 airfix kit won't qualify for this because that ship was mostly in the "Far East" (which for me is the Middle Here) during the 1960s. That is, it conducted operations there and was only near the UK/NATO area on its way to or from port?

If so then I will try to join with a 1/600 County Class DDG I have in my stash:

I managed two builds in the 70s NATO-WARPAC GB, including a ship, so hopefully I can finish one for this GB too.

I'll not argue with your research as not looked into it myself but will applaud your honesty in the matter as I'd not have know otherwise. The County Class DDG will make a nice change as there's always a shortage of ships in most GBs :)

4 hours ago, Col. said:

I'll not argue with your research as not looked into it myself but will applaud your honesty in the matter as I'd not have know otherwise. The County Class DDG will make a nice change as there's always a shortage of ships in most GBs :)

I realized I also have an RB-57E that qualifies and also a Tu-16K-10 Badger which I think qualifies too. So I will enter with one or more of the above!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bianfuxia said:

I realized I also have an RB-57E that qualifies and also a Tu-16K-10 Badger which I think qualifies too. So I will enter with one or more of the above!

You've a few good options there 😀

• 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Looking forward to this one.

001.JPG

Can you see a motif linking them all?  :) 

Nice selection of nose intaked supersonic jets :D 

Edited by Col.
  • Like 1