Cheers giemme! Glad you like it 😃

Rob

• Like 1

Just now, Stew Dapple said:

Good to see you back mate :) 

Nice work on the Spitfires too B) 

Cheers,

Stew

Cheers muchly, it’s good to be back at the bench and being productive! Helps actually having some time to focus.

Rob

From those last two shots can we take it the real reason you've been away is that you've actually been starring in Game of Thrones? :laugh: ⚔️

Lovely to see you back at work Rob! :thumbsup2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, TheBaron said:

From those last two shots can we take it the real reason you've been away is that you've actually been starring in Game of Thrones? :laugh: ⚔️

Lovely to see you back at work Rob! :thumbsup2:

You caught me out Tony! I’m I’m the third white walk from the right....

😃

Rob

• Haha 4

Great to see you back Rob and boy, what a return!

Great photos and nice looking Spits - looking forward to seeing more of them, soon :) 

2 hours ago, rob85 said:

You caught me out Tony! I’m I’m the third white walk from the right....

So, now bits of ice then. Ha ha ha… (sorry for the spoiler)

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, CedB said:

Great to see you back Rob and boy, what a return!

Great photos and nice looking Spits - looking forward to seeing more of them, soon :) 

So, now bits of ice then. Ha ha ha… (sorry for the spoiler)

Needed a please look away now if you haven’t seen episode 3 😂, what you going to give away next endgame 😂

cheers CedB, glad you like the return, hopefully I will have more time on my days off to get on with these. I want to get them finished rather than get caught up in trying to perfect everything at the mo.

Rob

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cookenbacher said:

So glad to see you back at these Rob, the firewall looks excellent.

And beautiful pics, I love the steam train. Good luck in your quest for bringing permanent winter to humanity.

Cheers cookie, I think the permanent winter hopes have been permanently dashed! 

The steam train was pretty cool and unexpected! I like things like that. 

Cheers for for the compliments and glad you like it.

Rob

• Like 1

Sooo I did have a day off today, and I have managed to get a second coat of paint down... 

YbJQwTw.jpg

the blue has been toned down on the second coat, but still think it might be a tad dark, I don’t want it to be the same colour as the roundels!  The Tamiya middle stone and gone down nicely and will need a third coat. The mr hobby dark earth is still not my favourite, and needed a good micro mesh after the first coat as it hadn’t settled down well. I thought I would give it another go but still worried should how it will settle.... hmmm not much progress but still progress!

i had the kids today which was nice, and found a park with a spitfire in it...

91VyweV.jpg

1h5iZCx.jpg

nx2l5QF.jpg

odd I thought! Turns out perdiswell in Worcester was the ‘worlds first’ (according to the BBC) municipal aerodrome, who knew! Clarke gable even crashed a Dak there! And the air cadets that were there after it closed at the end of world war 2, had a spitfire as a gate guardian followed by a javelin! Glad they didn’t have that when I was in 1017 Malvern squadron, all we had was a ferret scout car. This then lead to me reading up on the other bases in the local area I knew about, turns out Pershore had v bombers there... feel I should have known this! I knew Malvern had an army base used by Americans and became the first base of the SAS outside of the desert, and that RAF Hereford was about and what it now is (you can get a good variety of interesting low flying aircraft there, and the daily flights from the dauphins). Hmmm I feel I should learn more about these things as they are so local.

malvern was pretty influential in the development of radar and counter measures along with defford and there radar flight at the Pershore airfield, which lead to the science parks being set up and DERA followed by QuietiQ buying out the government facilities. 

Anyway enough rambling, hope your all well and sorry there isn’t more of an update.

Rob

• Like 7

39 minutes ago, Stew Dapple said:

Hmm, those panel lines are a bit overdone... :D 

Good to see some progress on the Spitfires mate, looking good B) 

Cheers,,

Stew

I know stew, and don’t get me started on the colour call outs, dark green with darker green over azure blue 🙄 they could have googled it...

Rob

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, AdrianMF said:

Good to see you back in action - nice pics of Hereford and Iceland and steam engines too!

Regards,

Adrian

Cheers! Glad you like them Adrian.

Rob

Also this arrived today! 

k4m25f8.jpg

and I will be using the below, which will be the clipped wing Vb in brown you see above.

ePdrA8K.jpg

LTkbiYm.jpg

in-fact I would happily build all of these, and may end up doing just that at some point! Really nice set!

s8PeDEn.jpg

rONtSGz.jpg

eQVC7nv.jpg

I definitely feel there is a triple build of the two stangs and p40 with Aussie tails!

Rob

• Like 5

On 5/16/2019 at 10:21 PM, giemme said:

Nice progress, Rob - great to see some paint job going on 👏 :thumbsup2:

Ciao

9 hours ago, CedB said:

Nice work Rob and pleased to see you had fun with the kids :) 

Thank you both, glad you like it. 

Ive now rubbed all the brown off the clipped wing Vb as it just wasn’t good enough to me. Need to buy a new pot, probably go with some Tamiya as that appears to work best for me.

Rob

• Like 1

Cracking work mate!

Incidentally i remember the Javelin at Perdiswell, and my lad goes to 1017 Malvern. If you fancy some more interesting local stories, a JU88 crashed on Malvern Golf course in 1942 after being attacked by a Mosquito.  

And a Spitfire crashed near Jennetree Lane, but i don't much about that one to be honest. Just goes to show, look hard enough and WW2 had an impact pretty much everywhere. 

• Thanks 1

Great work and play shots Rob. Look forward to seeing what you get up to with that packet of badges too!

8 minutes ago, nick32 said:

If you fancy some more interesting local stories, a JU88 crashed on Malvern Golf course in 1942 after being attacked by a Mosquito.  

I feel sure that the Club Secretary's subsequent letter of complaint to Herr Reichmarshal Goering was brief and somewhat acidic in tone. Possibly asserting that not only did Hitler only have one ball but that it was in all likelihood going to end up in the bunker...

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, nick32 said:

Cracking work mate!

Incidentally i remember the Javelin at Perdiswell, and my lad goes to 1017 Malvern. If you fancy some more interesting local stories, a JU88 crashed on Malvern Golf course in 1942 after being attacked by a Mosquito.  

And a Spitfire crashed near Jennetree Lane, but i don't much about that one to be honest. Just goes to show, look hard enough and WW2 had an impact pretty much everywhere. 

Nick! Hi 👋 

hows he finding 1017? I loved it there. 

Wow, I never new any of this! Talking of JU88’s I never finished the one I got off you, maybe I can find out which one crashed on the good course and finish it as that....🤔

good to here from from you and glad you like them so far

Rob

3 minutes ago, TheBaron said:

Great work and play shots Rob. Look forward to seeing what you get up to with that packet of badges too!

I feel sure that the Club Secretary's subsequent letter of complaint to Herr Reichmarshal Goering was brief and somewhat acidic in tone. Possibly asserting that not only did Hitler only have one ball but that it was in all likelihood going to end up in the bunker...

It would have been a great feature for a crazy golf course. it being Malvern a letter would not have surprised me as that would be pretty hacked off with the Luftwaffe holting play, quite the inconvenience 

Rob

• Like 1

He's loving it mate, keeps him busy and its just fuelling his desire to join the RAF when he's old enough. 

Yes, that would be a great idea if you could find the markings for the JU88 and build that one - I did consider it at some point but for whatever reason (like most of my plans haha) it just fizzled into nothing. 

Good to hear from you too, if you ever fancy a pint just give me a shout!

• Like 1

On 5/19/2019 at 8:13 PM, nick32 said:

He's loving it mate, keeps him busy and its just fuelling his desire to join the RAF when he's old enough. 

Yes, that would be a great idea if you could find the markings for the JU88 and build that one - I did consider it at some point but for whatever reason (like most of my plans haha) it just fizzled into nothing. 

Good to hear from you too, if you ever fancy a pint just give me a shout!

Ah glad he’s enjoying it! I loved it there, literally put myself forward for everything and got to do so much! Do they still get to go shooting at the boys college? Vividly remember the look of horror on a pilot offices face when we took 5 little un’s over to go for their first time on the range. Cracked open the guns to find .22 martinis with no safety(not a friendly rifle for kids that have never used them before!)  as opposed to what he was expecting, what he was expecting which was the no.8 rifle (much safer!) He just handed me one and said find out how to use it then show them, and Waltzed off to find a coffee. 

I imagine they are not so relaxed nowadays!

beer is always good! But time is a premium! I will give you a shout if there is some free time 👍🏻

Rob