Hi chaps.

I lurk around here a lot, but don't tend to post much.

I've been following threads and picking up hints and tips here and there.

So I thought it was time I contributed something. I have a few tamiya car kits, but didn't want to start with one, until I had at least one practice build under my belt.

With that in mind I pulled this revell offering out of my stash....

DSC_0327

Got some work done, and will post something later.

Matt

• Like 4

This one was my very first model to!

Fit isn't to great and it sits a bit high but for this Revill kit the wheels are good.

Be carefull with the base od the interior tub. The airintakes for behind the front bumper are a bit to big.

Good luck with the build!

Mike

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice Mike, and looking in.

Not sure about the air intakes, but no doubt I'll find out in due course. 

One thing that is perplexing me is the pedal box. All information, and reference pics I can find, show the enzo as having two pedals, due to the flappy paddle gearbox. Why then has revell, in it's infinite wisdom, suplied a pedal box with three pedals?

Hi chaps. 

As promised an update on my work.

As usual, the starting point is the engine.

DSC_0349DSC_0350DSC_0353

All assembled. Painted the block in flat aluminium, and used metallic aluminium for the exhausts. The instructions called out firey red for the cam coverd. Didn't have that colour, but I did have arrows red in a rattle can.  The centre sections of the covers needed to be painted gloss black. Used humbrol gloss black enamel for this. They looked good in real life, but the camera has shown so tidying up is required.

DSC_0354

Sprayed the engine bearers and suspension uprights gloss silver, again from a humbrol rattle can.

DSC_0358DSC_0357

Sprayed the chassis with poundlands best matt black. I like this colour, as it leaves a more satin finish.

DSC_0359

Glued in the engine frame/cradle.

DSC_0355

Whilst all this was drying, I assembled the seats and primed them.

DSC_0356

Also assembled the rear bulkhead, ready for primer. I think there is a window to fit in there, but I want to leave it till the last minute I think.

Thats it for now.

Matt

• Like 2

Small update.

DSC_0360

Got the engine mounted in the chassis.

DSC_0362

Support crossmember in too.

DSC_0361

Even fitted some of the supplied mesh. Right horrible stuff to work with. 

Plenty more to add in this area yet, to busy it up a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi chaps. 

Sorry I've not updated this build for a bit, but work has been continuing. 

DSC_0363

The engine area is pretty much complete. Just need to attach the prancing horse decal to the air box.

DSC_0366

Front suspension area is also complete. The painting of the cooling fan blades is a bit rough, but test fitting the bodywork shows much won't be seen.

DSC_0367

Attached the separate nose cone to the bodyshell, no major fit issues. Gave it a first coat of primer to see how it looks.

DSC_0368

Fitted the radiators and inlet cowelings over them, plus the door pulls.

_20170319_101555

I'm a bit worried about this gap I've marked. I'm not sure it's supposed to be there, but it sticks out like a sore thumb.

I hoped the rear clam shell bodywork might hide them.

_20170319_101645

But alas, it doesn't. Are they supposed to be there, or should I fill them?

DSC_0375

A test fit of the bodywork shows the engine bulkhead is a pretty good fit to the bodyshell. I had to sand the sides of the airboxes to allow them to clear the rear wheel arches on assebly. 

DSC_0374

More gaps are apparent when you fit the engine clam shell. 

DSC_0373DSC_0378DSC_0379DSC_0380

Another gap here, where the doir handle recess is. It's the unpainted part at the rear of the door.

DSC_0372

A bit of pressure on the rear deck helps the fit around the rear arches. I'm tempted to do away with the hinge feature, and permanently fix the engine bay shut.

DSC_0377

As an asside, I built up a front wheel, for a test fit. Looks ok to me, although the bodywork is only dry fit.

List of things left to do:-

Re prime the bodywork and wet sand again.

Paint inside of bodyshell and engine bay black.

Paint exterior colour.

Finish painting the seats and dashboard. 

Fit seats and dashboard. 

Fit all that horrible mesh.

Finish wheels 

Apply decals.

Final assembly. 

That's not much, if you say it quickly. 

Matt

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MikeGTC said:

33479203756_acc1efef01_b.jpg

The parts next to the engine that are still white still need to be painted, don't know if you glued them on?

Mike

Ahh, see what you mean Mike. Those parts are indeed attached, and need painting. They're the inlet vents over the air intakes. I've not painted them yet, as the entire engine bay, including those intakes, needs painting black. Not got round to it yet.

Matt

Hello again.

Bit more progress to report. 

I've started assembling and decalling the wheels. 

2017-03-20_12-41-42_10

The Ferrari logo on the caliper was a pain, the first one curled up around the paintbrush I use. Right pain trying to unwrap it. The yellow wheel centre logo was easier, although it's only about 1mm.

Decided what colour I'm going for on the main bodywork. Going to break from tradition and not use red. Going for tour de france blue. It's a beautiful shade of blue, and is quite unusual. As far as I can find on t'internet there are only 4 enzo's painted this colour.

maxresdefault

Not sure what colour the seats could be to match the paintwork though. Thinking of maybe a nice, warm, beige colour.

Matt

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi peeps. 

Thought I'd check in, it's been a while. 

Still slowly working my way through this build. Most of the work is finished on the chassis, so I started on the bodywork. It's been sat in primer for a bit now, so had to give it a dust down.

I've now got the paint, tour de france blue, from zero paints, a tamiya paint station with the springy things on, and a new airbrush. 

This is my first attempt with zero paints, and I was quite nervous starting with it.

Nowt to do, but jump straight in.

DSC_0389DSC_0388

This is the engine cover, after a few coats. I think it turned out ok.

It's funny, but that sink mark in the back didn't show up till I put the blue on.

Looks a lot more sparkly and bright under strong light, but the sun was fading when I took this picture. 

The rear spoiler is done, and the main bodywork has had a few coats on too.

Still needs a bit more paint on the main shell, as the colour isn't totally even all over.

Do you think I've got the right amount of paint on? Still a bit of a dark art, this airbrushing lark.

Matt

Hello again. 

Thought I'd post a couple of quick shots of the bodywork, with the first couple of coats of blue on.

DSC_0391DSC_0392

The sun was a bit bright, and it's made it look shinier than it actually is.

Matt

• Like 1

Thank you Nigel. The wheels are just rattle can humbrol aluminium. The centre cap decals are about 1mm in diameter, and a right pain to fit.

I'm hoping to get  a nice shine, like the picture above, when I put the clear coat on. This is my first time airbrushing zero paints, and they're a joy to work with. Really easy to lay down with my cheapo airbrush. 

• Like 1