Very nice. I love the 'McQuarrie' paint scheme and the weathering, subtle and realistic. Any wip photos- I'd love to see more. 

Can an I ask where you got the clear rod? I've been looking for some to use but can't find it anywhere. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BrotherMole said:

Very nice. I love the 'McQuarrie' paint scheme and the weathering, subtle and realistic. Any wip photos- I'd love to see more. 

Can an I ask where you got the clear rod? I've been looking for some to use but can't find it anywhere. 

Thanks mate!

I got that clear rod from an eBay seller in China. It's 3mm, which fits the hole in the bottom of the model perfectly.

• 2 weeks later...

Been considering going with a Bandai A-Wing for my next build. How easy was it to get the the "patch job" panel that is attached to the red stripe down the middle to match the white/gray of the rest of the ship? Did the difference in mold color affect the number of coats you had to do to achieve uniformity?

• Like 2

On 3/17/2017 at 0:16 PM, djmehs said:

Been considering going with a Bandai A-Wing for my next build. How easy was it to get the the "patch job" panel that is attached to the red stripe down the middle to match the white/gray of the rest of the ship? Did the difference in mold color affect the number of coats you had to do to achieve uniformity?

Yeah, it did. It's probably still a little noticeable if you look at it in the right light as well... but it was close enough so I left it.