Is this the right Future? Errrr Pledge?

Plumbum

I had some decaling problems so I decided to try using Future but now

called Pledge here in U.S. I used it many years ago and think this is

the same stuff of by gone days. It smells like the old Future and says

"Multi Surface Finish". Am I correct in assuming it is safe to use? Like

I said it's been decades since I used it.---John

33227997605_eca7ddefab_o.jpgOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA by jvandeu53, on Flickr

I think that's the one certain sites in the UK have been raving about, not sure if the formular is exactly the same as the old one, but you should be good to go as a gloss sealer before decals

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This is what I have found in Greece...The label states that it is good for stone, marble, tile, etc...Linoleum isn't a big thing here.  It is clear, relatively odourless, J & J made, etc...Question:  Since I am not an airbrusher, can I use a regular spray bottle with this stuff?  I have used it as hand brushing in the past.

35064065675_27939a9c4d_z_d.jpg

52 minutes ago, John D.C. Masters said:

This is what I have found in Greece...The label states that it is good for stone, marble, tile, etc...Linoleum isn't a big thing here.  It is clear, relatively odourless, J & J made, etc...Question:  Since I am not an airbrusher, can I use a regular spray bottle with this stuff?  I have used it as hand brushing in the past.

The photo doesn't seem to be showing John.

Funny...it shows on my computer...I did delete the image from Flickr though. perhaps that is the problem.  I will re-upload and all that to make sure...

Also..between then and now I used the product with a sponge on my marble table on my terrace and it has given it a nice shine...not too glossy.

34903493212_2ce904bc67_z_d.jpg

--How's that?

• Like 1

Dries clear...

Dries hard...

Cleans up with ammonia...

Very thin, easily brushed on in thin coats...

Self levels...

Satin to glossy finish (more glossy than satin)...

yep, that's the stuff. 

The photos here point to the photo on Flickr, (or whatever online photo storage site you use), they don't point to your computer. So if you delete, move, rename, edit, or change the online photo, it breaks the link to here. You can do anything you can imagine with your photo on your computer with no ill effects here...unless you have them "synch'ed" between your computer and Flickr. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 03/06/2017 at 11:33 AM, John D.C. Masters said:

Funny...it shows on my computer...I did delete the image from Flickr though. perhaps that is the problem.  I will re-upload and all that to make sure...

Also..between then and now I used the product with a sponge on my marble table on my terrace and it has given it a nice shine...not too glossy.

--How's that?

On 03/03/2017 at 4:26 PM, Johnv said:

I had some decaling problems so I decided to try using Future but now

called Pledge here in U.S. I used it many years ago and think this is

the same stuff of by gone days. It smells like the old Future and says

"Multi Surface Finish". Am I correct in assuming it is safe to use? Like

I said it's been decades since I used it.---John

33227997605_eca7ddefab_o.jpgOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA by jvandeu53, on Flickr

I got some of this in August from Amazon UK and it' ok to spray neat but i'm having problems with it pooling.

I've been looking at thinning it with the following:

Car screen wash 1 : floor care 4

Acetone free nail varnish remover (ispropyl) 1 : floor care 1

Normal nail varnish remover 1 (acetone) : floor care 1

I've not diluted with water. It seems the car screen wash gives the best results however i will be testing the other 2 increasing the floor care mix, keeping the thinning liquid at 1.

On 03/06/2017 at 11:33 AM, John D.C. Masters said:

--How's that?

I find this stuff is a hell of lot weaker than the above one. 1 neat coat of the one above is a lot thicker and gives a better shine. This one almost gives a satin finish. Only after a few coats does it start to shine, with buffering after every 2 coats. I think i apploed 4 coats to a model to get the shine lthough it's ideal for protecting decals.