meanwhile, on the other side of the airfield...

It's been quite a while since I completed anything, but I did finish this little lot over the weekend. Finally the sun came out this afternoon, so here's my effort at the Airfix Ready For Battle set. This set really is a bargain at around £30 on evilbay and all the kits go together beautifully. I could quite happily spend the rest of my days building Hurricanes...

Paints are all Vallejo model air, background is from Gaugemaster and the base is made from some off-cuts sprinkled with static grass, applied with my own home-made static grass applicator.

33079955181_fc9c57b85f_z.jpgAirfix 1/48 Ready For Battle Set by Andy Moore, on Flickr

33051051042_69968b2aff_z.jpgAirfix 1/48 Ready For Battle Set by Andy Moore, on Flickr

33079955521_2a22cde204_z.jpgAirfix 1/48 Ready For Battle Set by Andy Moore, on Flickr

33079955941_a88e9a44cc_z.jpgAirfix 1/48 Ready For Battle Set by Andy Moore, on Flickr

33207794015_1563058666_z.jpgAirfix 1/48 Ready For Battle Set by Andy Moore, on Flickr

32363534304_c649e84b20_z.jpgAirfix 1/48 Ready For Battle Set by Andy Moore, on Flickr

32363536464_237e6fdb2d_z.jpgAirfix 1/48 Ready For Battle Set by Andy Moore, on Flickr

• Like 31

Very impressive!!! Extremely well built and painted!

And all this comes in one box?

JR

13 minutes ago, jean said:

Very impressive!!! Extremely well built and painted!

And all this comes in one box?

JR

yes - the box even contains glue, paint and a brush. Currently going for about £22 on evilbay - I reckon the combined cost of the individual kits would be around £60. Even better - these are newly tooled kits.

22 hours ago, Scimitar said:

Very nice indeed.

(I will whisper here...I prefer the Hurricane to the Spitfire!)

I have to own up to also preferring the Hurricane, it looks so rugged and the undercarriage looks right. Should I run and hide now?

If anyone was thinking of getting hold of this set (A50172), it has been discontinued on the Airfix website today along with a few others, but you can pick it up on the two main web sellers for just over £20.

8 hours ago, Hamden said:

Can't have too many Hurricanes! 

Yours is superb what's next?

Roger

Next up is the 1/48 Revell twin seat Eurofighter, my 14 yr old daughter has just joined the air cadets & is mad keen on the Eurofighter & it's been sat in the stash for too long, I intend to use a picture I took a few years ago of the Eurofighter at Bournemouth as a backdrop, with he model photoshopped in place of the real one. After that I intend to do a Pyro Bristol Boxkite (no clever photography for that one), followed by the Airfix 1/24 Hurricane. Plenty more in the stash, but that should keep me busy for a few months.

2 minutes ago, BIG X said:

May I ask a quick question...

...which Vallejo Model Air colour did you use for the RAF blue uniforms?

Ahhh - you caught me out there, I used the blue in the kit & brushed it on

• Like 1

Just now, andymoore said:

Ahhh - you caught me out there, I used the blue in the kit & brushed it on

Thanks for the fast response - lovely work :clap2: