Airfix Beaufighter TF.10 45 Sqn

That looks great.  I really want this kit as I'm quite interested in Firedog aircraft.  Agreed, there's no shortage of Beaufighter schemes.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Michael Enright said:

May I ask just what method you employed to achieve that very effective set of panel lines and highlighting of the cooling gills?

It really is most impressive and more so for not (to my mind) being overdone,

Michael

Hi  Michael,

i toned the panel lines down with a tippex pen and added some rivets using a riveting tool. The cooling gills just got the same treatment as the rest of it, a home made panel wash of thinned oil colour. The key is wiping the excess panel wash off whilst still wet to ensure it isn't too intense. Some dry pastel was used to build up the weathering around the panel lines near the engines. Using a very small stubby brush, this can be quite controlled and can bring out the rivet lines.

hope that helps?

cheers

• Like 1

SUPER!!!

But what else to expect from one of our Master Builders in BM?

I'm beginning to wonder whether I'm wrong in trying to concentrate on 1/48 scale, having seen this and some other 1/72 models being constructed in this website.

Thanks as always for sharing this, Neil.  I'm trying to regard this Beaufighter as an inspiration, but I'm afraid my pathetic results look worse every time I see something like this!  That's MY problem, no-one else's!!!

Jonny