Jump to content

As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

corsaircorp

Another stupid idea of mine, TBF & TBM Monogram & Italeri

Recommended Posts

Hello Dears !

Oh I see that I did'nt post anything for so long ago...

However, the tectonic pace of progress is still on !!

Good beer and good music !!

WP_20190302_01_00_24_Pro

Still I worked on the Monogram's interior !

WP_20190301_23_34_17_Pro

I opened the gun through… For closing it again but more conveniently for my metal gun barrel !

The bulkhead is put in place, I'll throw away the Monogram interior ...

And playing the @Martian Hale's game… However, I'll not attain his own standard of quality,

But I'll make my best !!

WP_20190302_00_40_47_Pro

Now, See, SWMBO Always wanted an Irish wolf hound… But that dog is really huge !!

His head is the same size than the whole pug's body

IMG_20190301_153201

I know that we have a tiny pug… But !!

So ! gents, Have a great modelling Sunday !!

Sincerely.

CC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I just stumbled on this build and will follow with interest. :popcorn:Very interesting project, you are a brave man. 😁 It might be too late but, with regard to the cowl mounted 30, Cutting Edge makes/made a resin replacement that included the 30. You just need to do some surgery to graph the fuselage side in. Its made for the Accurate Miniatures kit so I'm not sure how well it would match the Mono kit. Also the panel lines are recessed so you'd have some scribing to do if you're not planning to. I have one if you think it would help.

 

Also, there was another company that made wingfolds for the Avenger. Dangerboy Hobbies made one for the Avenger and the Hellcat in resin, I have both. They came with complete resin inner and outer wing sections, the Hellcat one included the bottom section of the fuselage cast on the inner wing section making a direct replacement for the kit part. They had an ingenious tab and slot arrangement that was very sturdy. There's a resin "wing structure" panel that covers up the joint. Unfortunately they are long out of production but you might be able to find one some where. This one you'd have to pay an exorbitant amount of money or pry them from my cold dead hands to get it however. 😄

Edited by J.P.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, J.P. said:

So I just stumbled on this build and will follow with interest. :popcorn:Very interesting project, you are a brave man. 😁 It might be too late but, with regard to the cowl mounted 30, Cutting Edge makes/made a resin replacement that included the 30. You just need to do some surgery to graph the fuselage side in. Its made for the Accurate Miniatures kit so I'm not sure how well it would match the Mono kit. Also the panel lines are recessed so you'd have some scribing to do if you're not planning to. I have one if you think it would help.

 

Also, there was another company that made wingfolds for the Avenger. Dangerboy Hobbies made one for the Avenger and the Hellcat in resin, I have both. They came with complete resin inner and outer wing sections, the Hellcat one included the bottom section of the fuselage cast on the inner wing section making a direct replacement for the kit part. They had an ingenious tab and slot arrangement that was very sturdy. There's a resin "wing structure" panel that covers up the joint. Unfortunately they are long out of production but you might be able to find one some where. This one you'd have to pay an exorbitant amount of money or pry them from my cold dead hands to get it however. 😄

Thanks JP !

Yup, the Monogram will be engraved since there would be "a bit" of putty and sanding !

As it will be the only early Avenger in my stash, I did the .30 old school mode..

My main concern is for now "securing" the paint scheme for the Tarpon, since I'm now very carefull with the Italeri proposed paint scheme !!

Now I think about a BPF Tarpon...

The Xtra decal sheet X48-103 Give a Mk 2, good to me, but on one side the undersides are white and on the verso the undersides are Sky type S....

And of course… It's the same aircraft….

Now when resin parts are very rare and out of production, I use to save it as templates...

PM me if you need more details !!

Sincerely.

CC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Dears,

Now, the porthole are corrected !!

She will be a TBF-1...:wicked:

WP_20190303_20_12_55_Pro

Tomorrow, I resume working on the roadside, I need a grog !!

51949014_368074487306022_6499887241001697280_n

Have a great modelling time !!

And Thank you all for the support !!

Now 853 or 846 Naval Sqdn ,,

That's the question !!

Did anyone have a good Reason to choose one over the other ??

Sincerely.

CC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Dears,

As I was in my little Bethpage with the 2 Hellcats ...

From time to time I did a bit on this one !!

IMG_20200108_222206

Bethpage too after all !!

Here's my way to preserve the planet in modelling !!

I don't threw the bits of plasticard...

Glued together, I get a solid plastic box that will become, in this case, an actuator...

 

IMG_20200108_222130

More to come soon !!

I hope that you all have had a good start for 2020 !!

Take care Gents !!

Sincerely.

CC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crikey CC another thread. I must be following a zillion and I still don’t feel like I’m scratching the surface. Who says men can’t multi task. 🤣 wonderful work on these birds. The reason I bought this kit is because I wanted to build the British one too. I’ll follow along if that’s ok. Looks like I have truly caught one of the CC bugs. The kit buying bug!!! 🐛🐛🐛.

Tale Care bud.  
 

Johnny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi CC 

Just caught up again looking great so far with your scratch building work.  Like Johnny said I am struggling with keeping up with everything, what with work, building work, family etc. 

Keep up the good work.

All the best

Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

Crikey CC another thread. I must be following a zillion and I still don’t feel like I’m scratching the surface. Who says men can’t multi task. 🤣 wonderful work on these birds. The reason I bought this kit is because I wanted to build the British one too. I’ll follow along if that’s ok. Looks like I have truly caught one of the CC bugs. The kit buying bug!!! 🐛🐛🐛.

Tale Care bud.  
 

Johnny

I always say it !! Men can DO !!

Zillion ?? Mmmh the started kit on my cabinet that are not on BM yet are almost Nihil...

I try not to start something else unless I finish 1 or 2... :crap:

Of course you're welcome !! Have a chair, a beer, a cigar or whatever !!

And Hum... How can I say it, It's embarrassing... Hum hum !!

I bought another 1/48 Spitfire Mk V, And a 2nd 1/48 Albacore.... 

I'm done !!

 

2 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Hi CC 

Just caught up again looking great so far with your scratch building work.  Like Johnny said I am struggling with keeping up with everything, what with work, building work, family etc. 

Keep up the good work.

All the best

Chris

Work is the worst ennemy in my case, one week over 2, I can't touch my kits...

This week for instance...

Evening work week, with the passing of years, I start to dislike it...

Then, I make my models on the kitchen table, starting around 20.00

So, the kids came up or not talking a bit !!

Its something like a therapy for me, modelling with my beer, just one but a good one !!

And that's it !!

Sincerely.

CC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

I bought another 1/48 Spitfire Mk V, And a 2nd 1/48 Albacore.... 

I'm done !!

🤔🤔🤔 Oh really. 🤣🤣🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...