Milliput query pt.2 - How can I seal a crack in the mould?

bootneck

I've had a go at making a small component, using plastic sheet and milliput, however the hardened compound has a hairline crack, across the aea where the blade points to below, and I am concerned that it might cause it to  snap in two.  Can cracks or breaks in Milliput be glued?  If so, which adhesive or compound would be best to recover this little setback?

vickers_vimy_01_800.jpg

cheers

Mike

How much strength does it need to have? Is it load bearing? 

I don't think Crystal clear pva would penetrate (ooosh) a hairline crack - too thick(?) or have enough strength in this application. 

What i'd do to make it as good as new but take the longest is sand/scrape out area of crack carefully and then repack and shape with milliput. 

Or for a quick fix try flood the crack with extra thin CA. Then sand smooth any on surface. 

Perhaps in conjunction drill some holes across the crack that will flood with CA to make some rod/tubes of CA inside it? 

Edited by Tony Oliver
Carry On Craic.

1 hour ago, Panzer Vor!!! said:

I use Kristal Klear for cracks and small holes  

Hi Dave,  it's not so much as a crack or hole that needs filling but more a hairline crack which could split the component in two; so it's more of an adhesive I'm looking to use as a repair.

42 minutes ago, Tony Oliver said:

How much strength does it need to have? Is it load bearing?   ............Or for a quick fix try flood the crack with extra thin CA. Then sand smooth any on surface. 

Perhaps in conjunction drill some holes across the crack that will flood with CA to make some rod/tubes of CA inside it? 

Thanks Tony.  It will be load bearing as it is the fuselage of a biplane.  I wasn't sure whether CA would adhere to Milliput but your response makes me feel confident to give that a try.

cheers

Mike