1/72 Vickers Vanguard

wallyinoz

Hello all,

I have recently finished a 1/72 vac Britannia and was looking for a Vanguard kit to be a companion for it.. (I loved Kev67 rendition of this kit) Kev67 gave me a an email address of the chap that produced the kit, the last production run was in the 90's.

Anyway I bought one :smile:  As a community service I thought I'd let this esteemed group know that he has just one kit left.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jessica said:

Densil at Welsh Models was mulling about the possibility of producing a Vanguard a year or so back, but so far it doesn't seem to be happening.

I remember that now that you mention it.. if all things were equal though I do prefer working with plastic rather than resin... 

1 hour ago, Britman said:

Thank you Wally for the word.Can we look forward to you efforts? 

hiya Britman,

yes but don't hold your breath :smile: I have done my two vacforms for the year, its gonna be a 2018 project methinks.. It won't arrive in much less than 3 weeks anyway

Don't worry Wally, I know how it is with these things. I sold my Airways Britannia after a few years of storage pending construction. I felt that I could have made a good stab at it ,however my feeling was  that the results would not satisfy me. I sold it on for someone else to try. Take your time and enjoy your next project. 

Keith.

• 2 weeks later...

And it's arrived! Woof! This is olde school modelling at its best :) Gene's instructions call for a complete balsa framework to be built inside the plastic shells before gluing them together. If anyone wants a look inside the box, it may be seen in all its glory in the first post of Kev's WIP thread.

• 11 months later...

Hi Guys !! After many years of asking Densil of Welsh models is  now Releasing a

1/72 Vickers Vanguard late spring 2018 !! 

Just tell him Ron From Winnipeg Canada sent you !!