Star Wars Model Poster

Andy Moore

A year or so ago I made a poster showing the relative sizes of some of the Bandai and Finemolds Star Wars kits and, since I've made one or two more in the last 12 months, I thought I'd update it.

It's still clearly a long way from being complete. Apart from the Striker, there are non of the Bandai TIEs on there, nor the Bandai Y-Wing, which is still sitting in the stash waiting to be built.

They're all 1/72 apart from the Snowspeeder which is 1/48, but rescaled here to the size it would be in relation to the others if it where the same scale

32289550083_cd4f0f3538_h.jpg

Andy

• Like 19

Awesome ! This is exactly how I am wanting to mount mine on the wall......once i get them all built.

Would love to have them framed in a glass covered thick frame type setup, but am not so sure if this will work ?? Don't have Slave One, which is bad, but good as far as fitting them in a wall mounted situation.

Great artwork with Vader in the background too Andy.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Thought I'd post some new posters that I've finished recently. At some point I'll get around to updating the original one with the builds I've done in the intervening time, but for now, I've made a few individual ship posters.

I won't post them all here, but you can see them all here in full resolution. Feel free to download them if you wish, but if you post them anywhere else, can you include a link to either this Britmodeller post, or the Flickr page.

30978538778_2e97169350_z.jpg      44129827624_548b059501_z.jpg

30978543408_1a5d797951_z.jpg      30978547518_52211b115b_z.jpg

I've also done one of the ever expanding droid collection.

30413345538_6dbe0ec5e5_h.jpg

Andy:cat:

• Like 10

Ah, I was wondering when these would make the leap from Flickr to BM. I really like the new ones, the shadows and hinted "woosh lines" under the ships are smart.

Will

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

As I mentioned further up the page, that original poster was due for an update with some of the more recent builds. I've finally gotten around to doing that now and you can find the result below. Adding the Falcon (Stellar Envoy) has resulted in the other ships looking a bit on the small side, but I felt that the poster was more complete with it included.

There's a varied assortment of model scales, from1/350 up to 1/48, but they've all been sized here to be (roughly) in scale with each other.

Kits from the usual suspects, i.e. Bandai and Finemolds.

47729386062_fa1e849515_h.jpg

The poster's in a 16:9 ratio, so if anyone wants to use it as a screensaver/background feel free.

You can find the full resolution image here

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

BTW, I've started my Slave 1 Hover tank conversion.

I'll do a WIP presently.

That sounds rather interesting Pete. Looking forward to the wip.

• 2 weeks later...