A320-100

BA777

I've just been through my decal stash and found a set of British Caledonian A320 decals, now I have a Zveda A320 waiting for me to start work on it am I correct in thinking that to build it as a -100 I don't put anyway wing tip fences on it or are there any other minor differences between a -100 and a -200?

Externally, it's just the wingtip fences that differentiate a -200 from a -100.

Internally, the -200 had an extra fuel tank that increased range.

Also, all 21 -100s built had CFM engines.

Scott.

• Like 1

I'm just building this same aircraft in British Caledonian markings too. I've noticed that as well as missing the tip fences it doesn't have the strakes on the cowlings either.

See here, first of the 3 pictues.

And for the full story of BCAL's A320 see here of how it was undergoing flight testing in BCAL colours, but never made it into service, due to BCAL being taken over by Britsish Airways.They were repainted into BA before delivery,

Cheers

John

I would add as well they were equipped with CFM56-5A .... means longer engine spinner and a metallic plate for the engine anti-ice outlet on the bottom rh side of engine just behind the engine inlet cowl ring.

You can see it on the first picture on the first link posted by Viking..... plus on other pictures of the second link

42 minutes ago, BA777 said:

So pretty much a -100 is almost identical to a -200?

What engines come with the Zveda kit?

Both. You get the CFM 56 & V2500's.

Cheers

John

• 2 weeks later...