A1-H Skyraider, Flying Dragon, Special Op`s

Another great choice of subject Russ, Very unusual to see what appears to a random camouflage scheme applied on a one by one basis. It looks teriffic though, just that bit different from the standard S.E.A. scheme.

Cheers

John

• Like 1

Another great build, Russ. I must admit the Skyraider is one of my firm favorites too and you have done a great job with this Monogram version. I dare say the Tamiya kit is superior but the Monogram kit cannot be far behind……hoping someone will, one day, produce a decent 'side by side' variant to replace the old Matchbox offering.

Well Done, Sir!

P.S. Thanks for the advice on the MS.500 

• Like 1

Hi Russ,

the paintsheme is really nice and attractive! Very clean built and perfect weathering. :yes:

I like it a lot.

The revetment section behind your model reminds me to a product of Marc Toillie in France. I`ve used these products made out of ceramics with my Cessna O-19 Birddog in scale 48. ( he produced also the typical US steel plankings for the floor)  Unfortunately, these products are not available any more.  What brand did you used?

It is very nice to see finished models of the Viet-conflict. Makes me a lil bit sentimental, above all one considers that Verlinden has closed the doors forever. And therefore also many useful Vietnam Dio accessories are not available any more.

And as a last question, what kits do you recommend in scale 48 to built an AD-4W?  What can you say about the old Esci kit?

Many thx in advance and thx for sharing

Dirk

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Sarcococca said:

Hi Russ,

the paintsheme is really nice and attractive! Very clean built and perfect weathering. :yes:

I like it a lot.

The revetment section behind your model reminds me to a product of Marc Toillie in France. I`ve used these products made out of ceramics with my Cessna O-19 Birddog in scale 48. ( he produced also the typical US steel plankings for the floor)  Unfortunately, these products are not available any more.  What brand did you used?

It is very nice to see finished models of the Viet-conflict. Makes me a lil bit sentimental, above all one considers that Verlinden has closed the doors forever. And therefore also many useful Vietnam Dio accessories are not available any more.

And as a last question, what kits do you recommend in scale 48 to built an AD-4W?  What can you say about the old Esci kit?

Many thx in advance and thx for sharing

Dirk

Thanks Dirk,

The revetments are cut off the bottom of some Noy`s Minatures Vietnam backdrops that I purchased from Hannants, I just glued them onto some Perspex sheet and taped the two bits together. I still use the remaining bits of the backdrops now and again.

The Esci/AMT kit is the only one that I`m aware of to do a AD-4W, if I built one I`d build the diameter of the cowling up. Otherwise it`s not tooooo bad for it`s age.

Hope this helps.

Cheers Russ