Airfix Spitfire PR.XIX

Hi All,

Long time since I got anything finished and posted but here's the first of my 2 recent completions. Its Airfix's 1:48 Spitfire PR.XIX, finished as one of the box options, PS888 based at RAF Seletar in 1954. Theres not much I can say about the kit that hasn't already been said by others, it builds great from the box, nicely rendered detail and fit was good. The only additions I made were; a set of brass seatbelts by Lion Roar, replaced the solid moulded intake on top of the cowling with thin sheet aluminium, drilled out the exhausts and added a bit of fuse wire for the whip aerial. Paints were  Xtracryics for the PRU blue and Tamiya for the rest. I finished her with a light oil wash and minimal weathering as I presumed they would have been kept fairly clean then dulled down with Xtracrylics matt varnish. All in all a very enjoyable build and I can definately see more of these in my future, quite keen to use it as a base to try one the many options I have seen on here to a Mk.XIV conversion. Hopefully if I do then someone will wake up and offer one straight from the box :)!! Last thing to say is a big thanks to PeteW for the lovely photos that show her off far better than my phone camera, thanks mate!

Anyway on with the pics, thanks for looking and any C&CC always appreciated, thanks, Stu.

044_zpswu3t9al4.jpg

043_zpsknkpetmn.jpg

041_zps9afubacp.jpg

040_zps938qwito.jpg

039_zpsl8fiayz4.jpg

038_zpsitkdsdno.jpg

037_zpsze4plnct.jpg

036_zpso3dbhlo1.jpg

035_zpszxtv4eoo.jpg

008_zpslzzmedma.jpg

006_zpsapuuj0g8.jpg

005_zpsfef45mot.jpg