EFS Kirishima

Here she is all, all DUN with the fun!

It was a real quick and fun build, as the model fairly fell together. I usually do some 'extra' work on a model, but sometimes you just need to breeze through something!

I have the Yuunagi on order from HLJ, which is the next iteration of this ship, and when I do that one I'll do one thing different. The black trailing edge pieces for the fins don't have any mounting pins and are very fiddly, especially if you do what I did, and glue them on after paint! Next time, I'll glue them on nice and solid before anything else! I knocked one off at least four times.

But, done is DUN!

cySqo9V.jpg

ckcgL9Y.jpg

fLiqOft.jpg

yEdl1r0.jpg

z0PRArO.jpg

JvyGFz3.jpg

JYwjlVk.jpg

5UDqvbE.jpg

btH6uut.jpg

iHHqrzX.jpg

kGuZIf9.jpg

qppif4Z.jpg

NMyQMCM.jpg

Go buy one, it's a great kit!

• Like 10

wow Thom - that came out beautifully!! Great work. It is quite a cool looking ship - the best one after the Yamato for the EDF. I still think the Garmilla's have the best looking ships :)

I am still deciding whether or not to spend the horrendous amount the seller is asking for the set on EBay (just under $100.00au incl post etc) or just wait another couple of months until Bandai re-release under the 2290 guise.

Have you got anymore SBY ships to build?

• Like 1

Oh yeah. I have several of the 1/700 cruisers that will some day be built as /1000 scale and I almost all the 2199 fleet sets and quite a few of the Garmillas ships, including all of the tri-deck carriers. Plus I have a new Andromeda on preorder and two of the Yuunagi models. Those two I intend to bash into a Super-Kongo.

VjZccao.jpg

It won't be exact as that, and I intend to name her Glorious, after a similar looking ship found on Lighthouse.

Taking a little break though from sci-fi. I still have to finish my 1/48 Dinah!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Madhatter said:

wow Thom - that came out beautifully!! Great work. It is quite a cool looking ship - the best one after the Yamato for the EDF. I still think the Garmilla's have the best looking ships :)

I am still deciding whether or not to spend the horrendous amount the seller is asking for the set on EBay (just under $100.00au incl post etc) or just wait another couple of months until Bandai re-release under the 2290 guise.

Have you got anymore SBY ships to build?

If you are interested, I have two of the Fine Mold Kirishimas on eBay. They are not as good in detail as compared to the Bandai ones, but the shapes are pretty close.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fine-Mold-1-500-Fleet-Flagship-Space-Battleship-Yamato-/201834894766?

1 hour ago, Thom216 said:

If you are interested, I have two of the Fine Mold Kirishimas on eBay. They are not as good in detail as compared to the Bandai ones, but the shapes are pretty close.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fine-Mold-1-500-Fleet-Flagship-Space-Battleship-Yamato-/201834894766?

I am interested. How big is it? Is it roughly the same length as the Bandai one?

1 hour ago, Madhatter said:

I am interested. How big is it? Is it roughly the same length as the Bandai one?

Pretty much. It says 1/500, but they are close in size. The FM kit is 7 inches, so an inch shorter than the Bandai. And again the detail on it is simplified by comparison, and they don't have any decals for Space Battleship Yamato. They carry Japanese markings.

http://www.collectiondx.com/news_item/51511/fine_molds_does_space_battleship_yamato

That's why I'm selling them, well that and I want a little extra cash to help by the newer model sets.

If you want to buy one, I have one set aside. If you want to buy both, just let me know.

Edited by Thom216

I wouldn't mind one but I don't want to go any smaller than the Bandai version plus I want the SBY markings

Thanks anyways Thom, but I will pass on it on this time

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Madhatter said:

I wouldn't mind one but I don't want to go any smaller than the Bandai version plus I want the SBY markings

Thanks anyways Thom, but I will pass on it on this time

No problem, sir! Perfectly understandable. I bought them mainly for kitbashing, but have decided to start with better kits.

Hope you get a kit for a good price.

Thom