The Macchi's! "Folgore" and "Veltro" in 1/48, Hasegawa plastic - COMPLETED! Page 42

giemme

46 minutes ago, basket said:

Oui ... ( in French ) , superb ( in English ) ,

molto bello !!!!   ( guess the language !!! ).

Allways a delight to follow your work.

Thanks basket! :thumbsup:

PS: I bought an Italeri 1/72 Mirage 2000 kit - what do you think? :winkgrin::coolio:

Ciao

• Like 1

Well , I don't know anything about the italeri Mirage 2000 kit , but this aircraft is beautiful , and with you building it,  it will be a masterpiece.

When do you start ??????

BTW will you build a mud mover or a fighter ???

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, basket said:

Well , I don't know anything about the italeri Mirage 2000 kit , but this aircraft is beautiful , and with you building it,  it will be a masterpiece.

When do you start ??????

BTW will you build a mud mover or a fighter ???

You know, I know almost nothing about the Mirage, except that it is such an iconic aircraft... Anyway this is the kit:

http://tinyurl.com/yatk3uq9

so back to you :winkgrin: : what is it, exactly? 

TIA

Ciao

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, giemme said:

You know, I know almost nothing about the Mirage, except that it is such an iconic aircraft... Anyway this is the kit:

http://tinyurl.com/yatk3uq9

so back to you :winkgrin: : what is it, exactly? 

TIA

Ciao

Hello again , as keefr22 wrote , yours is a fighter , the second operational version : 2000C-RDI , it was the most advanced french fighter during the 1st gulf war.

If you chose to build aircraft serial 74 coded 5-OP please note that it's camo was unique for a single seat french Mirage 2000  ( test for this aircraft only , never adopted fleetwide ) .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, basket said:

it was the most advanced french fighter during the 1st gulf war.

I'd have said it wasn't far off being the most advanced fighter anybody had during Gulf War 1...!! 

I've always loved seeing the 2K display at shows like Fairford, always flown superbly! (& that goes for the two ship mud mover displays too!!)

Looking forward to seeing this one when you get to it Giorgio!

Keith

• Like 3

On 26/06/2017 at 8:59 AM, giemme said:

Hi everybody, painting on the C202 has officially started! :yahoo: 

After the minor touch ups needed and another primer coat, I did some preshading, using Tamiya Black Green for panel lines and Tamiya Flat Black for the movable surfaces gaps and for the bottom wing panel lines

dav

dav

dav

Then I airbrushed Grigio Mimetico on the bottom wings  - Lifecolor Dark Gull Grey thinned with Future and a bit of Windex, in several light coats (pictures straight form the spraying booth)

dav

dav

dav

Once dry, I added some Lifecolor Matt White to the mix, and sprayed randomly in the middle of the panels, insisting a bit more on the fabric covered movable surfaces

dav

dav

Then I went over it with a couple of Future coats, as a protective prior to masking:

dav

The tail wheel well was brush painted, same color as for the bottom wings

dav

dav

Before going on with painting, I added the antenna cable attachment point on the tail fin:

dav

dav

This was done cutting out a suitable strip from wine cap lead foil, and gluing it in place with CA. I meant to do this before priming, but I just forgot it :banghead: - so here it is now, primed by brush 

dav

Masking ...

dav

dav

dav

And on with painting: I used Lifecolor Verde Scuro Mimetico, again thinned with Future and Windex

dav

dav

dav

dav

dav

The above pics were taken when the paint was still drying, as you can see. Once cured, like I did on the bottom area, I added some Lifecolor Matt White to the mix and post shaded spraying in the middle of panels and on the fabric covered parts:

dav

dav

dav

dav

dav

dav

dav

The splotched egg camo pattern is going to break up most of this pre/post shading effect - reason why i tried to keep it as pronounced as possible :winkgrin:

Comments welcome, as ever

Ciao

Looks spot on G. Just having a little catch up, looks like I lucked out, I love the painting part and you're doing a cracking job. :heart:

johnny

• Like 5

Thanks Keith and Basket :thumbsup:  

14 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Looking forward to seeing this one when you get to it Giorgio!

Probably right after the Revell Eurofighter Typhoon, as I'd like to compare them :wink:  As to exactly when ... who knows, I have too many interesting kits in my stash :undecided:  :D

14 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

Looks spot on G. Just having a little catch up, looks like I lucked out, I love the painting part and you're doing a cracking job. :heart:

johnny

Cheers Johnny, thanks :thumbsup: 

12 hours ago, AlexN said:

@The Spadgent: Worth replaying in full :D 

7 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

Yes sorry I didn't realise how long that post was. :o so good it got posted twice eh. :lol:

:D:D Thanks for your appreciation, guys :thumbsup:

Another quick update before I leave for a week: more work on the u/c legs

the mid leg cover was refined, now it looks much more like the other

dav

Little holes added for the brake lines

dav

which is composed of different sections; one black and thicker, three blue and thinner. I used welding wire for the former

dav

and thin copper wire for the latter

dav

This now needs to cure, before I can bend it to shape, to reach for the right spot on the wheel. EDIT. I then of course need to add the top part, going into the wing

See you in a week, guys :D 

Ciao

Edited by giemme
  • Like 9

45 minutes ago, Spookytooth said:

Have a great time G, and don`t worry , we won`t take over your place for a party LOL.

Don't say that too loud, Simon ... :ninja:

:D:D

Ciao

• Like 1

I'm all up to date. :analintruder:

what an absolute treat to the eye and to the  tips bank. Wire round thing for weathering and post it notes for masking! Who knew? Well you did but that's by the by.:lol: The free hand camo the masking wing insignia and numbers. We now have a master class in wheels. :penguin: All this on top of two holidays and not one pArTy by "you know who" :party:

have a great time away. 

Needles to say, excelent work G.

Johnny

• Like 1

Cheers Johnny, glad you were able to catch up :thumbsup: You are way too kind, of course; thanks for your comment :thumbsup:

Heading to the mountains right after lunch, see you in a week guys :pilot:

Ciao

• Like 3

1 hour ago, giemme said:

Heading to the mountains right after lunch, see you in a week guys :pilot:

The mountains?  That sounds great. Have good break - I'll shall think resentfully of you as I'm slaving away...............

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Fritag said:

The mountains?  That sounds great. Have good break - I'll shall think resentfully of you as I'm slaving away...............

Yes, Dolomiti - very close to the same place where I went skiing last January :)

As for the rest ...  pot to kettle .... :D:D

Ciao

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, giemme said:

pot to kettle

Giorgio, I really admire your use of English - I couldn't have said that better myself!!

Have a great week, post some piccies of the views if you can - just like Steve does to wind us all up when he's away...!! :D

Keith

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Giorgio, I really admire your use of English - I couldn't have said that better myself!!

:D:D  I learned that expression from Mr. Fritag himself, you know - he used it once to refer to me, can you believe it? :rofl::rofl:

I promise I'll post some pics, if I figure out how to upload them on Flickr from my phone - and if I get to the bloody place: highway turned into a huge traffic jam, at the mo :badmood:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

We travelled 150km south yesterday to go to an opera, and returned this morning. I turned off the main road about 35km from home to get some supplies at an armoury and when I returned to it about 15 minutes later it was nose to tail with camper  vans and caravan. It took as long to travel that 35km as the previous 50! It's still much better here than the UK.

Have a great ( second ) holiday.

John

• Like 2

On 5/8/2017 at 19:56, Spookytooth said:

Enjoy your stay G, we will look after the place while you have gone. LOL

Simon.

Now I'm starting to get worried ... :rofl:

2 hours ago, rob85 said:

Giemme sorry I haven't kept up with this , but it looks like you are getting on well with this!

rob

Cheers Rob, thanks :thumbsup:

Ciao

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Leonl said:

Just thought I'd catch up whilst on my holiday in Majorca, and he's off again!!

Great work it just keeps getting better. 

Thanks Leon :thumbsup:

Well, you have plenty of time to catch up, now :winkgrin::thumbsup:

Enjoy you hols!

Ciao

• Like 1