The Macchi's! "Folgore" and "Veltro" in 1/48, Hasegawa plastic - COMPLETED! Page 42

giemme

30 minutes ago, 72linerlover said:

You don't need to be very precise. You can keep pipe and rod only plugged and glue each part after the gear leg is in place

So you can adjust in lengtht; than a drop of chano between the rod an the pipe.

That sounds like the way to go, thanks Eugenio :thumbsup:

31 minutes ago, 72linerlover said:

I'll tell you how much I appreciate this build when we'll meet in Cremona, right?

Still not sure if I'll be there on Saturday or Sunday - which also complicates things for me in bringing my models. I'll let you know as soon as possible :thumbsup2: 

Ciao

6 hours ago, giemme said:

It also showed that fitting the wheel leg actuator arms later in the build is going to give me a few headaches, and I'm strongly considering putting them in at this stage. The downside is that they are very fragile, and I'm very likely to break them while handling the model for painting. Very undecided here :hmmm::confused: 

51 minutes ago, 72linerlover said:

You don't need to be very precise. You can keep pipe and rod only plugged and glue each part after the gear leg is in place

So you can adjust in lengtht; than a drop of chano between the rod an the pipe.

I'm with Euginio on this on Giorgio.  Can't you make the the bottom/outer section of the actuator out of tube and fit it at this stage; it doesn't look like it protrudes from the U/C bay; and then fit the inner, extended section once you fit the main undercarriage?

5 hours ago, Giorgio N said:

On a different subject, love the pictures of your backyard ! With summer finally starting to show in Northern Italy, that's going to be the best place to spend time in the next few months B)

Me too.  

1 minute ago, Fritag said:

I'm with Euginio on this on Giorgio.  Can't you make the the bottom/outer section of the actuator out of tube and fit it at this stage; it doesn't look like it protrudes from the U/C bay; and then fit the inner, extended section once you fit the main undercarriage?

Thank you Steve, I was thinking along the same line :thumbsup: . I'll just check if it's worth trying to reuse part of the plastic actuator; the idea is to cut of the extending part, drill a receiving hole in the remaining outer section and glue it in place at this stage - but I need to be very precise when drilling that hole :analintruder:  Otherwise I'll go with tube.

6 minutes ago, Fritag said:

5 hours ago, Giorgio N said:

On a different subject, love the pictures of your backyard ! With summer finally starting to show in Northern Italy, that's going to be the best place to spend time in the next few months B)

Me too.  

Of course it's not Scotland, but one can content oneself, can't he? :D 

Ciao

9 minutes ago, giemme said:

reuse part of the plastic actuator ..... drill a receiving hole in the remaining outer section and glue it in place at this stage -

Nah, don't bother saving a piece of styrene. Find the proper steel or aluminum rod and you are done, also with the colour.

Bye

Euge

Edited by 72linerlover
lost word
  • Like 1

I'd follow Eugenio advice here, better replace all tubing of the actuators with rods and tubes. Having a brand new inner rod allows you to alter the length slightly to fit the final geometry of the landing gear

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, 72linerlover said:

Nah, don't bother saving a piece of styrene. Find the proper steel or aluminum rod and you are done, also with the colour.

Bye

Euge

27 minutes ago, Giorgio N said:

I'd follow Eugenio advice here, better replace all tubing of the actuators with rods and tubes. Having a brand new inner rod allows you to alter the length slightly to fit the final geometry of the landing gear

Alright guys, you've convinced me :D:thumbsup: 

Ciao

Another set of superb updates Giemme. As I've said before - and I'm sure I will say many more times - I am always amazed by your attention to detail. You are constantly taking your builds to the next level. Wonderful stuff! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

What beautiful stately progress; the skill and sense of purpose here is just fabulous on the various surfaces and pipework of the last sets of pictures Giorgio. :thumbsup:

Tony

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Another set of superb updates Giemme. As I've said before - and I'm sure I will say many more times - I am always amazed by your attention to detail. You are constantly taking your builds to the next level. Wonderful stuff! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix, you're always very kind! :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, TheBaron said:

What beautiful stately progress; the skill and sense of purpose here is just fabulous on the various surfaces and pipework of the last sets of pictures Giorgio. :thumbsup:

Tony

Cheers Tony, thanks for commenting! :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, Sid de Koning said:

Wonderful tips for any build of the Folgore!

marked. 😉

Sid

Thank you Sid, and welcome on board! :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Spookytooth said:

Nice work Giemme.

Nice garden too.

So tempting for a beer and bar b cue..

Simon.

Thanks Simon :thumbsup: bbq happens regularly at home during weekends, from March to November :) With beer, obviously :coolio: (a Leffe Triple, in this case)

1 hour ago, The Spadgent said:

Excelent pipe work, such great detail.

Oh and your garden and view is to die for.  B)

Happy BBQ.

Johnny

Thanks Johnny! :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Hi Giorgio

Leffe Triple !!:yes:

Good choice Sir, Glad to see that a tiny part of the place where I live is present in your country !!

Did you also have the 4 Chimay, and the 2 Rochefort.

Give a try to the triple Westmaele, tasty, refreshing and ... well serious !

:rofl:

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp 

Thanks Corsaircorp :thumbsup:  I love Belgian beer (well, I love good beer in general :coolio: ) .

4 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Did you also have the 4 Chimay, and the 2 Rochefort.

Actually, my favorite Belgian is Kwak, followed by La Chouffe (I did taste two or three kind of that), then Leffe (Triple, Rituel and Royale); I prefer all of them over Chimay. I once tried a La Trappe and it was also very good.

But I also like the Hoegaarden too, easy and refreshing!

Sorry if I made anyone thirsty, guys ... :whistle:  :innocent: 

Ciao

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, giemme said:

And so you should be, I have to go & raid the fridge now! Doubt I'll find anything Belgian in there though, unfortunately...!! :drink:

K

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

And so you should be, I have to go & raid the fridge now! Doubt I'll find anything Belgian in there though, unfortunately...!! :drink:

K

Ooops ... :D A Stout or a regular Ale should do no arm, K :winkgrin: 

Ciao

• Like 1

10 hours ago, giemme said:

Thanks Corsaircorp :thumbsup:  I love Belgian beer (well, I love good beer in general :coolio: ) .

Actually, my favorite Belgian is Kwak, followed by La Chouffe (I did taste two or three kind of that), then Leffe (Triple, Rituel and Royale); I prefer all of them over Chimay. I once tried a La Trappe and it was also very good.

But I also like the Hoegaarden too, easy and refreshing!

Ciao

The Mc Chouffe is my favourite, La Trappe, incredible, even in Belgium this one is hard to find !

You're my kind of man ! Congratulations !

Don't know if there is some Leffe Radieuse ! Nick named Tchernobyl since radieuse and strong.

Blue Chimay is my modelling beer, I mean more oftenly used !

Congrats again for the Macchi and your fine taste !:partytime:

On the blond side, try the Triple Westmaele, also a trappist.

Have a nice modelling day.

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp.

7 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Don't know if there is some Leffe Radieuse !

It's this one:

http://www.bevandecuni.it/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/BOTTIGLIA-LEFFE-RADIEUSE-500x500.jpg

Thanks for your kind comments and drinking advice :D:thumbsup: 

Here's a quick update, everybody: the fake firewall, after adding a few more details

dav

dry fit of one actuator with the first pipe I scratchbuilt

dav

dav

Definitely following the advice of scratch building the actuators from pipe and rod:

dav

The steel rods come from a paper clip, diameter matching the kit parts (1mm); the pipes come form a Trumpeter brass pipe set, and I had to drill them out for a certain length, because they have quite thick walls.

dav

Rods need to be cut to size, but they should give me enough margin to play with when time comes to fit them (hopefully ... :banghead: ) 

Little strips of Tamiya tape added to the pipes

dav

That's it for the day, comments welcome

Ciao

• Like 8

I hope you've uncovered you pool since those photos, I did ours last week and after spending half a day filling it up, it rained heavily for 48 hours and I had to drain some off, Doh!

Looking forward to seeing your wheel well rods and tubing.

John

Edit. While I was typing this you had already posted some photos of the components.

Edited by Biggles87
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Biggles87 said:

I hope you've uncovered you pool since those photos, I did ours last week and after spending half a day filling it up, it rained heavily for 48 hours and I had to drain some off, Doh!

Looking forward to seeing your wheel well rods and tubing.

John

Edit. While I was typing this you had already posted some photos of the components.

Thanks John :thumbsup:  Quite a long way ahead for the piping, I think I could use some old guitar strings to simplify things, but I haven't any left :hmmm: 

I'm going to uncover my pool next WE or, more likely, the WE after; last year I invested in a water pump to be put on top of the cover, so that it drains the rain water automatically and the pool water remains practically at the same level it was when I put the cover on. Should hopefully save a lot of time (and money) each new season.

Ciao

• Like 1

Now how did I know Giorgio's yard would be as impeccable as his models??  :penguin: 

I also noted the extremely precise placement of the grill marks on the steaks!

Gene K

P.S. Outstanding contributions to this thread from your Faithful Followers, Gioirgio.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leonl said:

Paper clips, yogurt pots, beer cans.... One man's rubbish Giorgio's modelling masterclass!

31 minutes ago, Cookenbacher said:

So true!

Thanks guys, that made me laugh :D  :D  :D 

25 minutes ago, Gene K said:

Now how did I know Giorgio's yard would be as impeccable as his models??  :penguin: 

I also noted the extremely precise placement of the grill marks on the steaks!

Taking care of my yard is a relaxing task, but that doesn't mean it has to be done carelessly ... :coolio: :D:D Truth is that I try to keep it as tidy as possible because it's mainly there for my daughters' delight and amusement :angel:

Those grill marks are a distinctive sign of the lava rock grill my company produces, so I'm taking particular pride in you noticing them :) Then of course there's some ability in cooking (tooting my horn here :D )

Ciao

33 minutes ago, Gene K said:

P.S. Outstanding contributions to this thread from your Faithful Followers, Gioirgio.

Also very true :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Ciao

• Like 1