Olympos Airbrushes

Oziair

I purchased one of these a while ago, and the chroming was coming off from around the nozzel area and inside the cup as well, say coming off it was never on there.The build quality is not as good as a Iwata for sure.

I contacted them and to be fair got a refund of half the cost of the Airbrush instead of sending it back.They do spray very nicely even at very low air pressure, although you will have to be careful of the needle when cleaning it's a .23 and tapers to a much longer/finer point than the Iwata crm I have which is .23

Its a shame about the chroming, quality control doesn't seem to be the strong point.

One plus point I didn't get the customs hit, so the refund made it quite a good buy as it still works just cosmetic, also the pound to yen was much stronger when I got it, not so now so their quite expensive now

It´s a shame if the quality on these are suffering, since what made Olympos their name was their excellent quality. I sold most of my Iwatas when I had experienced the original Olympus's, and their excellent finish and performance.

I heard a rumor that the original owner didn't want to leave his company to his sons, because he feared that they would cut down on quality. Know that proficy seem to have true, even if not by his sons. The new owner seem to have bought all stock, and assembles the airbrushes from parts.