Airfix 1/72 Focke-Wulf FW-190A8

grab

I've completed this Fw 190 in the summer of 2015. I had big expectations of the arrival of this new tool kit, reviews were very positive, sadly it did not proved to be an easy kit to build (for me). I had to work hard to make proper fit.

The following main modifications were done, among many small ones:

- thinned the very thick training edges of the wings

- added the missing MG ammo racks in the wheel wells

- replaced the guns and the pitot to metal tubes

- shortened the undercarriage legs, added brake wires

- replaced the wheels

Please also not the antenna wires are missing, as I only realized the small bump from the canopy is missing after the removal of the mask and I didn't risked to ruin the almost finished model to try to glue on it.

Thank you for watching.

P1010142.jpg

P1010145.jpg

P1040177.jpg

P1040165.jpg

P1040174.jpg

Edited by grab
  • Like 36

Superb finish!

Excellent work despite your problems - if you think this FW190 was hard, try the 1/24 version ................!!!

Regards

Dave

Brilliant build! Fantastic result!

Having read Celt and IanC comments, a question comes to mind: Should I bin my model straight from the stash, without attempting to build it?

Congrats!

JR

Thanks a lot !!

21 hours ago, Epeeman said:

Superb finish!

Excellent work despite your problems - if you think this FW190 was hard, try the 1/24 version ................!!!

Regards

Dave

I can imagine.... I gave a chance to these new tool Airfix kits, so far I've completed this and Hurricane Mk I is being built since a while (http://www.makett.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=129&t=4273&start=10), but they are more troublesome than many short-run kits.

19 hours ago, celt said:

:clap2:Well tidy 190,I could not get the cowling to fit on my example,so it got binned.:rant:

Believe me, I was also close to do the same. If its not a Würger, probably it happens. 

5 hours ago, jean said:

Brilliant build! Fantastic result!

Having read Celt and IanC comments, a question comes to mind: Should I bin my model straight from the stash, without attempting to build it?

Congrats!

JR

I had another one in my stash. I sold it right after I've started to build this, asap :) .

• Like 1