1/72 Hasegawa F-16N 'Top Gun' Adversary

Hi All,

Here is the latest to join my fleet of small scale F-16s, a Hasegawa F-16 in US Navy colors and markings. This has been on my list 'to build' for about 20 years and it started with seeing a photo on page 41 of the Squadron/Signal book 'F-16 Viper' by Lou Drendel. There is something about those subdued colors and markings that look terrific on the F-16 (ditto on the Hellenic Air Force F-16 as well).  I added a different ejection seat and throttle from a Revell F-16, and the ACMI pod and captive Sidewinder are from a Hasegawa weapons set. The canopy tint was done with Tamiya Smoke, applied in a layers for the desired depth. The paint is all Model Master enamels. The camouflage was achieved using rolled poster tack for feathered edges (tried it freehand, didn't look in scale with the model). The decals are from the kit and well, let's just say they suck. Unfortunately, they are the only game in town for 1/72 F-16N decals available unless you can find the old Superscale sheet or get the decals from Fujimi's F-16N kit.  Final overcoat is a satin/matte mixture from Vallejo and AK Interactive. Thanks for looking!

f16n16_zpsdpex5xar.jpg

f16n25_zpsdp6fev0q.jpg

f16n20_zps2ybce5l6.jpg

f16n19_zpshu9lqpe8.jpg

f16n18_zpsougfs23x.jpg

f16n17_zps5o5eyubk.jpg

f16n22_zps9i56jyxy.jpg

f16n21_zpsrglel9km.jpg

f16n24_zpsuhj9xipl.jpg

f16n23_zpslsgcb8bc.jpg

Cheers,

Albert