First WIP thread. AMK Mig-31

So very green and shiny interiors here. Assuming my plane has never fired its engines up I don't think they look like this :D

Anyone have useful weathering techniques for these new fangled jet thingies? Knew I should have stuck to propellers :)

IMG_1400_zpsje1vokd1.jpg

I just painted the interior of my Mig-25's exhausts (similar to the Foxhound), with a coat of burned metal/exhaust, over which I layered a bit of Tamiya Buff in mist coats, after masking one third to give the impression of different panels.  You can have a look here if you're interested :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

I just painted the interior of my Mig-25's exhausts (similar to the Foxhound), with a coat of burned metal/exhaust, over which I layered a bit of Tamiya Buff in mist coats, after masking one third to give the impression of different panels.  You can have a look here if you're interested :)

Most useful th:thanks: Now if only I hadn't already glued the things together but I'm sure I can bodge something

I'm just looking at doing the wings in step 6 of the instructions and its saying to drill the holes for the pylons. I'm planning on doing Blue 16 which only appears to have one pylon on each wing. That sound right or are there other pictures with 2 pylons under each wing?

So one of those pictures that doesn't show much but i know it means its coming on :D

Main body is now buttoned up with only a minor seam line to do despite my best efforts to get it to go together with one of the engines out of its fitting slot :rolleyes:

Haven't started on the front wheel well as I'm waiting on the AMK metal upgrade set which is arriving a little late, so will focus on doing the cockpit tomorrow.

I do love this stage though as suddenly tie and effort start to look like a plane rather than a bunch of bits.

I will say I'm loving this kit and am amazed  how fast the build is progressing as it almost seems to fall together despite operator errors :D

IMG_1410_zpshgk0jmgd.jpg

• Like 2

Very nice! This is almost the state where I'm at with mine now. Started with the black basing-method and put the first marbling coat on.

Ran a bit out of steam the past weeks but looking at yours makes me want to go back at it. Much inspiring!

• Like 1

So In a bizarre twist of fate. Putting the first layer of paint down, I managed to knock over the open bottle (stupid me) reaching to pick up the bottle in a rush I knocked my phone glass first on a wooden floor and smashed the screen :( so no paint, no phone and lots of fun cleaning Mr Paint off a wooden floor.....

26 minutes ago, Mike said:

Hopefully they won't fire you ;)  That's some seriously black black - is it gloss, or was it wet when you took the photo?

Its Mr Surfacer 1500 just laid down so still a bit wet. I picked up black basing when I was doing single colour spitfires and really like the effect on large surface areas of the same colour.

3 minutes ago, Tony Oliver said:

Nice pics mate. 

Can any of the engines be seen when its all buttoned up? I ask because I see you have painted the outside of them... 

Nope :D I was just playing around trying out some Alclad effects

• Like 1