F1 2017. Now with new race by race predictions

shood23

New Toro Rosso added and my God it's a looker with its new livery. 

3 hours ago, Timbo343 said:

The red bull has some interesting bits on it, i was surprised to see a hole in the nose... hmmmmm...

http://m.crash.net/f1/news/240464/1/red-bull-guns-for-mercedes-with-the-rb13.html

I think the nose is just their version of the s-duct or cooling something from batteries or the driver. But I do admit that I didn't notice it at first, still though I am hoping this car is just an interim test car so sort out engine milage or aero correlation or even just a trick image and the car has no new aero parts on until we see them run tomorrow. 

Shaun 

Love the Toro Rosso, although Will miss the hand painted bull on the cowling. Red Bull's pretty good, they did their livery overhaul last year so didn't expect much change there and I don't think Mr Newry has shown anybody his hand yet.

John

Edited by Hugh Jampton

Prettiest car has to be the Mercedes

Nicest paint job, Toro Rosso, very closely followed by Sauber

Ugliest without doubt, Force India

Overall, far too much black

I was also hoping that the teams would have got rid of those bloody awful Proboscis monkey noses 

• 2 weeks later...

I really don't like the new Mclaren. It looks cheap and nasty. Like a back of the grid team. Reminds me of the Arrows or the Spyker. Shame really. Mclaren are the team I've followed since I discovered F1 30+ years ago :(

On 26/02/2017 at 5:55 PM, shood23 said:

I think the nose is just their version of the s-duct or cooling something from batteries or the driver. But I do admit that I didn't notice it at first....

Shaun 

The hole in the nose collects air from around the front wing and tidies up the flow further downstream where all the real aero work starts.  If you look at images of the nose, there are exit holes just above and behind the wing mounts where the air Is directed out of.  It also makes the FIA mandated clear area work harder by energising air flow over it.  I'd be surprised if any car had a cooling duct towards the front of the car.  Given the lack of space you couldn't collect enough air to make a difference  and the holes would be just small enough that tyre marbles/debris could block them.

blocked aero can be worked around, inadequate/blocked cooling is terminal.

1 hour ago, F1 Insider said:

The hole in the nose collects air from around the front wing and tidies up the flow further downstream where all the real aero work starts.  If you look at images of the nose, there are exit holes just above and behind the wing mounts where the air Is directed out of.  It also makes the FIA mandated clear area work harder by energising air flow over it.  I'd be surprised if any car had a cooling duct towards the front of the car.  Given the lack of space you couldn't collect enough air to make a difference  and the holes would be just small enough that tyre marbles/debris could block them.

blocked aero can be worked around, inadequate/blocked cooling is terminal.

I saw something about that on Ted's notebook last week. I was in the camp that thought redbull hadn't done enough for this year but I have to admit the stuff I've seen on the car recently come out is very clever and intricate. Apart from That awful front wing they tested on Tuesday. 

Shaun 

Well so this is a little surprising as I thought the rumours of this were just that... rumours, but force India have just confirmed it via their social media pages. 

The new look force India that will debut at the Australian gp in less than  2 weeks 

FB_IMG_1489495096983_zpsdyvps0pl.jpg

I actually quite like the look but it is a very big change from the silver 

Shaun 

Right so let's have a little friendly bet on the outcome of the top 3 from qualifying and the top 10 of the race. 

My quali top 3 

1) raikkonen 

2)Hamilton 

3) vettel 

My race top 10 

1) vettel 

2)raikkonen 

3) ricciardo 

4)Hamilton 

5)bottas 

6)grosjean 

7)verstappen 

8) hulkenberg

9)perez

10)massa

First retirement: Alonso 

Yes I am a huge Ferrari fan so obviously I have read too much in to winter testing times. 

Shaun

Edited by shood23

28 minutes ago, shood23 said:

First retirement: Alonso 

TBH, you are probably right there.

Tis' a shame too, would be nice to see a McLaren resurgence.

Maybe Honda should consider putting their IndyCar engine inside the F1 car. :lol:

Wayne.

21 minutes ago, Deadman Disciple said:

TBH, you are probably right there.

Tis' a shame too, would be nice to see a McLaren resurgence.

Maybe Honda should consider putting their IndyCar engine inside the F1 car. :lol:

Wayne.

Or at least put the f1 engine into a indy car mule to get it working properly. 

Obviously being a Ferrari supporter I didn't like mclaren very much from the late 90s onwards, especially not in 2007 spygate and 2008, but just recently with them struggling I feel for them and think that a big team like mclaren doesn't deserve to be fighting for low or no points, I expected them by now to be

fighting for podiums not worrying if they will finish a race. 

Shaun 

On 09/03/2017 at 8:39 AM, injidup said:

But this is where we discuss cars, Sgt. :P

...and this thread is better. 

These are not just cars.....

No, it really isn't.....I very rarely visit this area of the forum because I don't model cars, but I'm a massive F1 fan, doubt I'm alone in that.  :whistle:

Might be possible to get the mods to merge them though? 

As he's from just up the road from me, I really hope that Daniel Ricciardo gets a podium in Melbourne next weekend. Also hope that the testing was able to provide something constructive and McLaren (Honda actually) get their engine sorted and provide something reliable with decent power.

Actually, just looking forward to seeing all the new cars and wishing for a closer battle this year. Difficult not to expect another championship from Hamilton, though. Also hoping that Kimi beats Seb.

• 2 weeks later...

Over the past few years F1 have had to go as slow as they can fast, if you get what I mean, tyres, fuel, and wimpy engine, So Mercedes was going to win.

Now it's back to being faster cars, Ferrari will Win, Mercedes will pull out end of year, expect Hamilton to go red, he is hinting.

Also, American influence will start to show, maybe new American driver or two.

F1, is in a bad way, don't think having boy looking drivers has helped, more spots than beards, We need characters in the sport, that turn in to Legends.😏