F1 2017. Now with new race by race predictions

shood23

34 minutes ago, Hugh Jampton said:

Nice subtle change to livery, that floor is massive. 

John

For me the merc has so far the most visible innovations like the big triple side pod tuning vanes and the horns just above the barge boards also the floor does look very nice and the side pods are very sculpted. 

Shaun

New Ferrari sf-70h added. 

Being a massive Ferrari fan I'm not sure what to think of it yet. I quite like the side pod inlets though a lot more different to any other team so far. 

Shaun 

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jampton said:

Mclaren was disappointing!

Exactly what I was hoping not to happen, to much black and orange not right. Hope it just the lighting.

The front nose looks interesting though.

John

I actually like the new McLaren scheme, just hope they found some speed and more importantly reliability, and still no big name sponsor.

New mclaren added. 

Not too sure on the colours but it is better than the all black look. a lot of very nice design bits though like the nose wing supports and the rear wing end plates. Aesthetics wise it looks the most developed compared to the almost primitive looking Sauber. 

Shaun

7 minutes ago, AntPhillips said:

I actually like the new McLaren scheme, just hope they found some speed and more importantly reliability, and still no big name sponsor.

I do hope your right Ant, as long as its competitive, that's the most important thing.

And that the Orange fades in the sun!

John

1 hour ago, AntPhillips said:

We should get some clearer pics of the Williams tomorrow too, it's the official launch, the pics posted the other day were just a taster.

I think Williams will be doing something on Sunday or Monday morning before testing. 

Shaun

6 hours ago, Deadman Disciple said:

Is it me or does the McLaren look like an orange version of last years Manor car? :huh:

Also not liking the front wing flaps of the McLaren, it looks like someone has come some paper cutting art & stretched it out:unamused:

Wayne.

From what I've seen on other forums and facebook  the mclaren more resembles the old spyker f1 from 07 but yeah I see the manor also. 

Oh well only 1 more big team to come on Sunday and a few of the midfield cars and we'll have a full grid. 

Also big news whilst I'm thinking of manor. Rumour has it that manor may just make the grid in 2017 but maybe not until the Spanish gp or they could start the year in a modded version of last year's car, not too sure about that though as they were 3 or more seconds off the fastest last year so with it being apparently upto 5 seconds faster this year they would be somewhere close to maybe 6 seconds off the pace which surely is dangerously slow but I guess the Fia would get very strict on the 107% rule in quali but then what's the point in turning up to races if your not going to qualify especially if your a small team with no money. 

Shaun

32 minutes ago, shood23 said:

From what I've seen on other forums and facebook  the mclaren more resembles the old spyker f1 from 07 but yeah I see the manor also. 

It looks like the Arrows from 2002 - a truly disappointing paint job. I was hoping for a more classic Mclaren 'papaya' now I'm just hoping it's quick!

On 23/02/2017 at 0:57 PM, shood23 said:

For me the merc has so far the most visible innovations like the big triple side pod tuning vanes and the horns just above the barge boards also the floor does look very nice and the side pods are very sculpted. 

Shaun

From all the pics, alot of development work has been going on for the '17 season ....  :yahoo:

Really like the look of McLaren too, would love to see them have a great season also.  :cheers:

B)

7 hours ago, Dermo245 said:

I still think the McLaren would look 1000 times better in classic white and orange...

The problem with that is, is that that's a classic Marlboro livery. Even Rally cars carried it and you'd either be banned by the FIA for subliminal advertising, or sued by Marlboro or both. Plus doesn't Marlboro still 'donate' money to the Ferrari team?

Ashley

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hugh Jampton said:

Love the Williams, the livery is sublime but the sharks fin does look like a bit of ply nailed to the back of the air box.

John

Same as the force India really but I am hoping that due to these being the release cars that the aero will change a lot before Melbourne and even more by the Spanish gp in may. 

Shaun 

New redbull added. 

I must say I am really disappointed as it looks the same as last year's car just with a fin and new front and rear wings. I'm hoping it's just like the Williams and tomorrow a totally different car rolls out for testing. 

Shaun