Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
glyn

1/48 Hasegawa Sabre mk 5 Golden hawks.

Recommended Posts

All

My latest effort.

Wanted to do this for a while.Tried the Mr color SM02 gold which was very thick and did not seem to like thinners.I have mixed feelings about the result.

 

32594458070_f30e66de59_b.jpg_MG_5076 by Glyn Fuller, on Flickr

 

32160815323_4598af54b1_b.jpg_MG_5074 by Glyn Fuller, on Flickr

 

32160815143_925cc482c1_b.jpg_MG_5079 by Glyn Fuller, on Flickr

 

Thanks for looking.

Glyn

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a lovely build, looks spot on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very clean finish on that Sabre, Glyn.

 

Can I ask a couple of questions;  What decals/instructions did you use, as 23053 was not a Golden Hawks Sabre(it crashed in '54) but 23353 was.

 

Secondly, did the instructions call for the red GH on the tail, as it was only used in '63 when the 'Hawks were flying the Sabre 6.

 

Your gold colour seems spot on and will keep that in mind for my future GH builds.

 

Model On !!!!!

 

Tony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tony Edmundson said:

Very clean finish on that Sabre, Glyn.

 

Can I ask a couple of questions;  What decals/instructions did you use, as 23053 was not a Golden Hawks Sabre(it crashed in '54) but 23353 was.

 

Secondly, did the instructions call for the red GH on the tail, as it was only used in '63 when the 'Hawks were flying the Sabre 6.

 

Your gold colour seems spot on and will keep that in mind for my future GH builds.

 

Model On !!!!!

 

Tony

Tony

The decals were kit decals and yes the Gh on the tail was used later on but not necessarily on the mk 6.Done as per the instructions.There was the option of two periods and i did the later one.23053 was on the box art as well as the instructions.

Glyn

Edited by glyn
more added

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Glyn,     '59 & '60 they flew Sabre 5s   '61-'64 they flew Sabre 6s.   The GH was only used in '63.     Strange about the serial number usage, questionable Hasegawa research, I guess.   Still, nice clean work on the spraying.

 

Cheers, Tony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tony Edmundson said:

Thanks Glyn,     '59 & '60 they flew Sabre 5s   '61-'64 they flew Sabre 6s.   The GH was only used in '63.     Strange about the serial number usage, questionable Hasegawa research, I guess.   Still, nice clean work on the spraying.

 

Cheers, Tony

Tony

I dug the instructions out of the bin to recheck.

The scheme i have was from 1962 but no mention of sabre mk6.23053 was the number used.The box art has 23066 in pre GH on tail scheme of 1959.

So like you say someone probably did not do the research correctly.

Glyn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, glyn said:

Tony

I dug the instructions out of the bin to recheck.

The scheme i have was from 1962 but no mention of sabre mk6.23053 was the number used.The box art has 23066 in pre GH on tail scheme of 1959.

So like you say someone probably did not do the research correctly.

Glyn

undoubtedly,  23066 was a '59 Golden Hawk whereas '053 was not.     Sabre 6 serials started at 23371 and up

 

Cheers, Tony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×