1/48 Hasegawa Sabre mk 5 Golden hawks.

glyn

All

My latest effort.

Wanted to do this for a while.Tried the Mr color SM02 gold which was very thick and did not seem to like thinners.I have mixed feelings about the result.

32594458070_f30e66de59_b.jpg_MG_5076 by Glyn Fuller, on Flickr

32160815323_4598af54b1_b.jpg_MG_5074 by Glyn Fuller, on Flickr

32160815143_925cc482c1_b.jpg_MG_5079 by Glyn Fuller, on Flickr

Thanks for looking.

Glyn

• Like 21

Very clean finish on that Sabre, Glyn.

Can I ask a couple of questions;  What decals/instructions did you use, as 23053 was not a Golden Hawks Sabre(it crashed in '54) but 23353 was.

Secondly, did the instructions call for the red GH on the tail, as it was only used in '63 when the 'Hawks were flying the Sabre 6.

Your gold colour seems spot on and will keep that in mind for my future GH builds.

Model On !!!!!

Tony

6 hours ago, Tony Edmundson said:

Very clean finish on that Sabre, Glyn.

Can I ask a couple of questions;  What decals/instructions did you use, as 23053 was not a Golden Hawks Sabre(it crashed in '54) but 23353 was.

Secondly, did the instructions call for the red GH on the tail, as it was only used in '63 when the 'Hawks were flying the Sabre 6.

Your gold colour seems spot on and will keep that in mind for my future GH builds.

Model On !!!!!

Tony

Tony

The decals were kit decals and yes the Gh on the tail was used later on but not necessarily on the mk 6.Done as per the instructions.There was the option of two periods and i did the later one.23053 was on the box art as well as the instructions.

Glyn

Edited by glyn
more added

Thanks Glyn,     '59 & '60 they flew Sabre 5s   '61-'64 they flew Sabre 6s.   The GH was only used in '63.     Strange about the serial number usage, questionable Hasegawa research, I guess.   Still, nice clean work on the spraying.

Cheers, Tony

8 hours ago, Tony Edmundson said:

Thanks Glyn,     '59 & '60 they flew Sabre 5s   '61-'64 they flew Sabre 6s.   The GH was only used in '63.     Strange about the serial number usage, questionable Hasegawa research, I guess.   Still, nice clean work on the spraying.

Cheers, Tony

Tony

I dug the instructions out of the bin to recheck.

The scheme i have was from 1962 but no mention of sabre mk6.23053 was the number used.The box art has 23066 in pre GH on tail scheme of 1959.

So like you say someone probably did not do the research correctly.

Glyn

• Like 1

11 hours ago, glyn said:

Tony

I dug the instructions out of the bin to recheck.

The scheme i have was from 1962 but no mention of sabre mk6.23053 was the number used.The box art has 23066 in pre GH on tail scheme of 1959.

So like you say someone probably did not do the research correctly.

Glyn

undoubtedly,  23066 was a '59 Golden Hawk whereas '053 was not.     Sabre 6 serials started at 23371 and up

Cheers, Tony