Trans Maldivian Airways DHC-6-300 Twin Otter [MODEL FINISHED]

Pierpaolo

Looking good. And on Friday morning I'll be on one of these little beauties, hopefully skimming across the Indian Ocean. Look forward to seeing you get this finished, the colour scheme is lovely and beautifully done. 

• Like 1

Decal!

The Drawdecal really amazed me, much easier to apply than I believed.Very thin and with well covering colors

IMG_2312p_zpsjkooy7nj.jpg

IMG_2309p_zpstg5526na.jpg

IMG_2308p_zpspv8mxntg.jpg

IMG_2307p_zpsw2iaxggp.jpg

Thanks 825 , good holydays!

Edited by Pierpaolo
  • Like 4

I appreciate that we're close to the deadline date, and these pictures are of the current livery but they may help with details

DSC_0136_zpsgsprjukt.jpg

DSC_0137_zpsg3bmoa6q.jpg

DSC_0138_zpsvhi9tzrv.jpg

DSC_0141_zpszwsatoxb.jpg

Sorry about the quality but shot on my phone first thing in the morning after a long day flying. 

And this one just shows the Otter Seaplane in its natural environment 

DSC_0144_zpsxedumhqy.jpg

• Like 3

On 2017-2-19 at 10:20 PM, Pierpaolo said:

Thanks Greg for pic , the one you see in the picture is a different and more modern livery. it would be nice to go to the Maldives to personally check the colors although I think the actual tma livery is now white and red.

This week i'll start the work on the model, I hope to do something close to expectations

Pierpaolo, it's of absolutely no help at all, but when we went to the Maldives a few years ago the absolute highlight of my holiday was the flights on the Twin Otters to our hotel and back.

We flew in a  blue and yellow one, but we saw many of the red and white ones.

What was really impressive was the safety briefing, where the pilot turned around in the cockpit and leant through the door into the cabin, said "please sit down, put your seatbelt on and stay in your seat" and flew out to our hotel in bare feet.

Landing and taking off from water is really, really impressive!

Edited by Whofan
  • Like 2