RQ-4 GLOBAL HAWK DRONE Italeri 1:72

djos

Hi all

I am not sure why i bought this ugly bird....but as i started work on other drones, predator, raptor...it was somehow in line with this path.

Easy to build, general very good fitting, simple, only issue is with wings in the root, where you need to be careful to align properly, simple color scheme just with different shades of some panels in gunship gray  , minimal almost none weathering, some silvering after applying decals even with gloss finish and use of decal solvent solutions (at the end Tamiya ultra thin cement save the day).......and that was all......at the end only stayed to find enough place in the display cabinet for this beast.

In general, not nice looking flying machine.....but somehow different. I hope you will like photos...but it is hard to expect with this ugly thing.

Best regards to all

tumblr_osm34oPzzT1wu0f8ro1_1280.jpg

tumblr_osm34oPzzT1wu0f8ro2_1280.jpg

tumblr_osm34oPzzT1wu0f8ro3_1280.jpg

tumblr_osm34oPzzT1wu0f8ro4_1280.jpg

tumblr_osm34oPzzT1wu0f8ro6_1280.jpg

tumblr_osm34oPzzT1wu0f8ro7_1280.jpg

Edited by djos
Moving images from PB
  • Like 19

On 2/17/2017 at 4:47 PM, djos said:

I am not sure why i bought this ugly bird....but as i started work on other drones, predator, raptor...it was somehow in line with this path.

Easy to build, general very good fitting, simple, only issue is with wings in the root, where you need to be careful to align properly, simple color scheme just with different shades of some panels in gunship gray  , minimal almost none weathering, some silvering after applying decals even with gloss finish and use of decal solvent solutions (at the end Tamiya ultra thin cement save the day).......and that was all......at the end only stayed to find enough place in the display cabinet for this beast.

In general, not nice looking flying machine.....but somehow different. I hope you will like photos...but it is hard to expect with this ugly thing.

Best regards to all

That's an excellent job! I'm building it too, the Platz boxing. What brand of paint did you use? It looks very, very smooth.

Rob

• Thanks 1

Hi, great looking model!  I rather love this aircraft and think it's attractive and unique.  It does have an alien/reptilian front end and is both intimidating and sinister in appearance.   I liked it enough to make a drawing of it in a homeland security paint scheme.  Just curious why do you think it's so ugly? 

rq4 drone post

• Thanks 1