Help - Korean War Decals

Cadman

Hi Guys,

I'm planning on building a Korean War diorama later this year,

Does anyone know where I might get my hands on 1/35 scale decals suitable for a Sherman Firefly from the Korean War era.

Decals suitable for a Korean War USMC Jeep would also be extremely useful.

Many thanks in advance for any help on this one.

Cheers

H

5 minutes ago, Procopius said:

I sure do, chum! 

Bison did a 1/35 HVSS Shermans in Korea sheet, and another for Canadian Shermans there.

Wait, a Firefly? I don't believe any were in service in the Korean era.

I'm going by the Military Factory website which includes the Firefly in its Korean War tanks list.  

http://www.militaryfactory.com/armor/korean-war-tanks.asp

And I'm sure I read on a different website this morning that they were used in Korea.

Not that this means they actually were, of course.

I initially had the idea of using the Tamiya Centurion, but it's discontinued and I can't find one anywhere for love nor money. If the Firefly definitely wasn't in Korea, then for Brit tanks that leaves me with the Cromwell, and I'll bet it was a later Mk than the Tamiya kit so I'll have to check up on that.

Meanwhile, thanks for the lead on the Bison decals. I'll have a hunt on the Hannants website and see if they've got them.

Cheers

H

13 minutes ago, spaddad said:

I've never seen any evidence, written or photographic, that anyone used Fireflys in Korea.

Okay thanks.

My so-far-unbuilt Asuka Firefly will just have to remain in the WW2 ETO then.

I think the easiest way to go is for the diorama to be an all-American affair so I'll have a hunt for kits of USMC tanks in Korea.

Cheers

H

• Like 1

Decision made. It's going to be a Tamiya M26 Pershing. The advantage to using one of these is that it comes with a USMC Korean War decal option, plus it's a real brutal looking beast as well.

I'm no scratch builder, in fact pretty much an OOTB modeller, and my dioramas are usually just simple affairs that are meant to compliment the figures/AFV's. They're not super-accurate and only supposed to be representative. But including a Firefly in a Korean diorama when it wasn't even there would have required a suspension of belief too much even for me -- so many thanks for the responses which have prevented me making a major SNAFU.

Cheers

• Like 2