- SUKHOI Su 24 - FENCER - 1/48 -

- The weather is quieter for a while so , the photos can be taken ib the openb at last

025_zpsiav1hpfd.jpg

027_zpszyy7zm6o.jpg

017_zps7oix15vx.jpg

021_zps9kngmuhd.jpg

022_zpsmyxqwape.jpg

016_zpsevrxrcyr.jpg

024_zpsyevfqbak.jpg

-One of the main mistake of the Trumpeter kit is the bad shape of the rear fuselage. The first photo show the kit OOB

SUKHOI%2024%20FENCER%20019_zps31206txl.j

This one is the real thing

089012_zpswlqxkvpz.jpg

now the KZ

019_zpswc2z4hki.jpg

About Begemot decals ,the Su 24 sheets are wonderful and I couldn't resist to the sharkmouth. The transfer is very large and so, difficult to settle around the nose gear well, door and nose both side probes. The instruction sheet says nothing  about this . I've been obliged to resort on a hand painting job I cannot do better unforetunatly.

028_zpsoljrabri.jpg

notice the forgotten masking tape on the laser range finder and on landing lights; THe weathering is very heavy according to Begemot but Ididn't know to what extent I may have been heavy handed

• Like 20

Hello IPMS19!

A beautiful Fencer! Well done! I especially like the "washed" look of the white paint. Did I saw correctly that you have also painted those small circular windows on the MAK globe; it really takes ability to concentrate. Nice touch is also that anti flash curtain on top of the instrument panel. I think that your weathering is very good. Fencers belonging to an operational regiment are usually very dirty and well weathered. Certainly not over weathered.

Those small free fall bombs look ancient, don't they?

Best Regards,

Antti

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Red Dot said:

Superb model but I personally don't like the shark mouth. Itlooks too big!

- I've trusted Begemot for this nose art, before having my hand on these decals, I was hendredth miles thinking that  Russian Air Forces machines of this period should tote such a nose art

9 hours ago, Antti_K said:

Hello IPMS19!

A beautiful Fencer! Well done! I especially like the "washed" look of the white paint. Did I saw correctly that you have also painted those small circular windows on the MAK globe; it really takes ability to concentrate. Nice touch is also that anti flash curtain on top of the instrument panel. I think that your weathering is very good. Fencers belonging to an operational regiment are usually very dirty and well weathered. Certainly not over weathered.

Those small free fall bombs look ancient, don't they?

Best Regards,

Antti

- Quittos Antti

- All the bombs are from Su 24 box, the smallest are AB 100, the medium size are AB 250 and the larger ones on the wing gloves are FAB 500, they  effectivly looks like WWII vintage

Great looking Fencer mate.

Regarding the decals. It is possible only certain decal softeners will work with Begemot. Might be worth asking them if they recommend a brand of softener for future reference.

FSM did a useful article about twenty years ago on which decal solution works with kit box decals and aftermarket decal ranges. I might suggest to them they update it!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eaglesixfive said:

Great looking Fencer mate.

Regarding the decals. It is possible only certain decal softeners will work with Begemot. Might be worth asking them if they recommend a brand of softener for future reference.

FSM did a useful article about twenty years ago on which decal solution works with kit box decals and aftermarket decal ranges. I might suggest to them they update it!

- My problem with this particular decal part comes from its size and its placement covering parts of all three nose gear doors, I should have make a dummy building door closed,pre-cutting the differents parts on each doors then  build for good and decaling at normal step ,instead of this, I got lot of decal wrapped around the gear and doors, the only solution was to remove this mess and paint with brush the respective doors to the right scheme.. The film of Begemot decals is very thin and doesn't need any softener.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, magman2 said:

Good build, and it turned out nice.the real aircraft had a shabby finnish, you have done it well on your Cy-24. 

FN%201230_zpsmstjifjd.jpg

Net Photo

- I should have like to get this photo much sooner. The Begemot instruction sheet is not very precise on this step but it is said that the nose art had been washed out before a major serviceing , so I will say that my model is shown during this process........B).

Great looking Fencer, a lot of effort gone into it with all the KZ parts. I like the bomb load, is the photo of the kit in the Ukrainian scheme you're build as well? If so wondered how you compare the builds with and without the KZ parts versus the end result? (Not including the exhaust area which as you've already shown is a clear improvement!)

Muzz

4 hours ago, Muzz said:

Great looking Fencer, a lot of effort gone into it with all the KZ parts. I like the bomb load, is the photo of the kit in the Ukrainian scheme you're build as well? If so wondered how you compare the builds with and without the KZ parts versus the end result? (Not including the exhaust area which as you've already shown is a clear improvement!)

Muzz

-Hi Muzz

- The Ukrainian is mine too, I've posted it in the course of 2015 I think

-The other main advantage of KZ kit is the nose 

su-24-nose-set-incl.-full-cockpit-3-692-

-Had the canopy in resin been available it could have been another great bonus  but now all  the glazing are in vacu and it don't worth it , I have used the kit ones with a Neomega cockpit which fit perfectly in the noze.

- The intakes are not mandatory as the holes of the correct pattern are not deep enought this render them hidden by the painting process.

- The wheels are very good.

• Like 2

shape differences are incredible! the KP set seems to be an absolute must :(

FN%201230_zpsmstjifjd.jpg

this picture seems to be the only one out there showing this specific paint-scheme

anyone has something more? would definitely be interested!

Edited by exdraken
  • Like 1

On ‎15‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 2:02 PM, exdraken said:

First to reply!?! Can't be seriouse,no??

:lalala: Lalalalalalalalalalala... (yeh, me's awful jealous). :lol: Been away with the rugger team; me's just arrived back home.

Hey, Jean-Michel. :worthy: Howdy, bru?

That's an outstandin' build! Kinda sad for me that she's finally done. She looks terrific in the sun. Real like 'em decals ya chose as well.

Congratulations on a job very well done!

Awesome piccy that magman2 has shared, by 'em way.

Me's still got to produce a kit to go with 'em Komplekt Zip resin bits, but was wonderin' 'bout 'em underwing pylons; are they movable?

Say, whut happened to 'em starboard engine shroud on this piccy below? Did it break accidentally or was it Sir Tom...? (in which case ---->:fight:)

019_zpswc2z4hki.jpg

Quite an inspiration for anyone buildin' 'em Fencer kit, JM.

Thanks a lot, my mate.

Cheers,

Unc2

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Uncle Uncool said:

:lalala: Lalalalalalalalalalala... (yeh, me's awful jealous). :lol: Been away with the rugger team; me's just arrived back home.

Hey, Jean-Michel. :worthy: Howdy, bru?

That's an outstandin' build! Kinda sad for me that she's finally done. She looks terrific in the sun. Real like 'em decals ya chose as well.

Congratulations on a job very well done!

Awesome piccy that magman2 has shared, by 'em way.

Me's still got to produce a kit to go with 'em Komplekt Zip resin bits, but was wonderin' 'bout 'em underwing pylons; are they movable?

Say, whut happened to 'em starboard engine shroud on this piccy below? Did it break accidentally or was it Sir Tom...? (in which case ---->:fight:)

019_zpswc2z4hki.jpg

Quite an inspiration for anyone buildin' 'em Fencer kit, JM.

Thanks a lot, my mate.

Cheers,

Unc2

- Hi my dear Uncle,

- I wish you get your transkit and enough time to built your kit, the KZ is really a must,it could have been still better had the structure line engraved more deeply, the resin is rather hard and render an regraving difficult.

- I didn't notice that speckle on the exhaust, it just a very small piece of masking paper left there and magnified by the photo

- For the wing pylons the wing ones were made movable following the angle of sweep .

- About Sir Tom he has to earn his fooding, so he has to watch for the possible ennemies coming...

290.jpg

- Just a few words to gives you water at the mouth.....my next building is  an Su 34 Fullback.....