F-111F Aardvark, Academy 1/48

Thank you for your kind comments!!

The Vark is painted with the Gunze C SEA colors - Green C309, Green C303 and Brown C310.

As for the Pave Tack and bomb bay reference photos, there really isn't much to be found on the internet. For anyone who's interested I've uploaded my reference pics to Photobucket: http://s1142.photobucket.com/user/doggie242/library/Aardwark/ref. Most of the credit goes to Jim Rotramel!

The WIP thread is here: http://www.modelari.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1699. Sorry, czech language only;)

Thanks again!

Superb model all the time and effort has really paid off :goodjob:

Guy

I agree with all other comments here - that is stunning. Looking carefully at the detail shots I am struggling to see how you went about making up the parts. How did you make the two 'Dishes' on the UC door/airbrake also how did you deepen the canopy framework? Could you share any details or is there a WIP?

will

Stunning looking Aardvark, lovely finish and great detail in the wheel bays, cockpit etc. It just looks big, heavy and powerful!

Muzz

Wow that is the best F-111 model that I have ever seen,......superb!

I remember these lobbing into Brize in pairs landings when I was stationed there and living right next to the runway, plus they used to come in to land right over the railway while catching the train home from Oxford station,.... must have been Upper Heyford.

Brilliant job, well done

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

On Thursday, February 16, 2017 at 7:51 AM, Scimitar F1 said:

I agree with all other comments here - that is stunning. Looking carefully at the detail shots I am struggling to see how you went about making up the parts. How did you make the two 'Dishes' on the UC door/airbrake also how did you deepen the canopy framework? Could you share any details or is there a WIP?

will

The WIP thread is here: http://www.modelari.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1699. Czech language only, sorry :)

Canopy framing comes with the Verlinden detail set. As for the UC door dishes, it is very easy, I made it of the plastic sheet heated up and formed around a ball of appropriate diameter..

Thanks for the comments!

Andrew

I've already commented once on how amazing this is and I just can't help coming back for another look. I've seen incredible builds of this Academy kit before, but this is just another level. I have this kit and a mountain of extras myself but I can't see me ever building it as I will never get anywhere close to this, not in eleven years yet alone months!