Tamiya 1:35 Tank Mk.IV Male: non-motorised model

Welkin

Despite building mainly aircraft models, I have been inspired by re-reading J.F.C.Fuller's "Memoirs of an Unconventional Soldier" to purchase a Tamiya 1:35 scale Tank Mk.IV Male - looks to be a really nice kit.

However I don't want to build it as a motorised kit, as it is just going to be a static model with, eventually, a Meng 1:35 Mk.V Female and a Meng 1:35 Medium A Whippet.

A quick look at the instructions would seem to indicate that the relevant replacement plastic parts are in the kit - I have found the sprockets on Sprue A, although there must somewhere be alternatives for the sprocket shafts (DA4), which I haven't located yet!

Has anyone built this kit without the motors? I would appreciate any advice anyone can give me!

I have converted one of these to radio control so not absolutely sure what the static solution is but I presume the 4 parts A15 join 2 each of A10 or A11 respectively.  I wonder if the parts DA4/5 are still meant to hold the gear wheels in place - perhaps check if these fit snugly over the raised circle of plastic around the central holes in A10/11?   A13 also looks like it fits   the central holes in A10/11 but there are only 2 of these

I can't see what A12 and A16 are meant to do - they don't appear to fit into or over the other parts of the gears

Francis - that's very helpful: thanks.

I think that you are probably correct inasmuch as A15 replaces G5.

There is also part A14 (x2) which presumably is also a replacement? Not sure how it fits with parts A13!

Maybe when I get to that stage a bit of trial and error might be required.