Eduard 1/48 MiG-21bis

Hi all,

Here is one of three Eduard MiG-21s I've just finished. This is their 1/48 MiG-21bis kit with Begemot stencils and main decals and finished in Mr Color 8 Silver. This was from the Weekend boxing with a Cold War Studio resin nose added. Full write up at https://jonbryon.com/eduard-148-mikoyan-gurevich-mig-21bis-fishbed-l/. Comments welcome, and thanks for looking.

Jon

mig21bis_33.jpg

mig21bis_27.jpg

mig21bis_31.jpg

mig21bis_21.jpg

mig21bis_12.jpg

mig21bis_02.jpg

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

Mmmmm, stencils. 

The nose certainly looks more tubular with that added. Need to get my hands on that conversion. 

I like the fact you've added the odd rods and pitot vanes to this weekend kit. Some people don't bother even when they're included in the profipacks. Or they throw a brassin cockpit in a weekend mig and still don't scratch the odd rods. 

Good job 👍🏿

• Like 1

Wow! A bis looking bis! 

What a difference! 

Would you care to show all 3 "modern" MiG-21s in one photo to really appreciate the subtle-to the non expert- differences?

Thanks!

Edited by exdraken
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, exdraken said:

Wow! A bis looking bis! 

What a difference! 

Would you care to show all 3 "modern" MiG-21s in one photo to really appreciate the subtle-to the non expert- differences?

Thanks!

Not easy, but here you go...

mig21sm_50.jpg

mig21sm_47.jpg

mig21sm_44.jpg

mig21sm_46.jpg

mig21sm_51.jpg

mig21sm_52.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Jon Bryon said:

Not easy, but here you go...

wow!

thanks a lot!

you are working flawlessly! :):)

I really appreciate if manufacturers care for differences, even though in this case some Am from CWS was necessary to achieve he desired result! of course the nose and spine are the most prominent ones, there aer also different wing tips, pitot tubes, correct load out etc! !

I only did the SMT yet, but plan to do the hole familiy in the end....

hopefully Eduard will eventually do the F13  and U/UM models as well!

Edited by exdraken
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, exdraken said:

wow!

thanks a lot!

you are working flawlessly! :):)

I really appreciate if manufacturers care for differences, even though in this case some Am from CWS was necessary to achieve he desired result! of course the nose and spine are the most prominent ones, there aer also different wing tips, pitot tubes, correct load out etc! !

I only did the SMT yet, but plan to do the hole familiy in the end....

hopefully Eduard will eventually do the F13  and U/UM models as well!

Yes, the F-13 would be great. Not for me, as I've already built the Trumpeter one (for all its faults), but a Mongol would be tempting!

If I wasn't sick of masking MiG-21s and I didn't already have lots of other kits to make, I'd be really tempted to get an SMT. Eduard did a fantastic job with these kits.

Jon

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jon Bryon said:

If I wasn't sick of masking MiG-21s and I didn't already have lots of other kits to make, I'd be really tempted to get an SMT. Eduard did a fantastic job with these kits.

Jon

Hmmm, that is a pity.... the SMT in silver would fit perfectly to this trio ! 

Do not get tempted to put on a real , originsöload out though... not even a training one... would not go down too well with a pacifist,.. or wait, maybe it would... after all ....

• Like 1

Your models are just fantastic , I especially admire the contrast obtained between panels - it is subtle and realistic .

• Like 1

• 1 year later...