Is Wingnut Wings over?

Mach Turtle

Hi. Wingnut Wings hasn't released any new kits in a couple of years,  hasn't updated their website in at least as long,  and seems to have handed off their distribution to Weta Workshop,  whoever they are. 

Is Wingnut Wings a going concern,  or was it its owner's tribute to the hundredth anniversary of the Great War,  now concluded? 

Edited by Mach Turtle
Autocorrect

Well they've just released their Camel and announced a Taube.  And on the principle they have modelled the each of the adversaries shown in their box art, a BE2 must be on the cards at some point...

Perhaps this will shed some light?

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/83426192/Weta-Workshop-partners-with-Peter-Jacksons-Wingnut-Wings

Wingnut Wings is the scale model kit company owned by one Sir Peter Jackson.  They are assisted in designing kits by The Vintage Aviator, Ltd., a New Zealand

company that restores WWI aircraft and manufactures replicas, founded by one Sir Peter Jackson.

Weta Workshop was, in part at least, initiated by one Sir Peter Jackson and works with him on all his films (his film production company, by the way, is WingNut films).

Hopefully this makes it all clearer? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LanceB said:

Wingnut Wings is the scale model kit company owned by one Sir Peter Jackson.  They are assisted in designing kits by The Vintage Aviator, Ltd., a New Zealand

company that restores WWI aircraft and manufactures replicas, founded by one Sir Peter Jackson.

Lord of the Wings?

• Like 10

Wingnut Wings is very much alive and kicking. Camels are inbound to Europe as I type and there are new kits including the Taube due for release in the 2nd quarter of 2017. They will also be releasing another edition of their very popular Fokker D.VII in 2017.

Duncan B

• Like 1

Sorry guys, I guess I missed the Camel and it's good to see they're still going. I knew they were started by a Hollywood guy, but I don't really follow popular culture and so wasn't aware that Weta Workshop was another of the founder's companies.

Happy to have started a pun thread in any case.