This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
JPuente54

Airfix Ju 88A-4

Hi, I found the above Airfix kit, Kit No. AO3029 at a hardware/ironmongers/DIY(select your favourite word) store, price: $12.99USD. What I want to know is this a re-boxing of the ooooolllllddddd Airfix('60s?) kit; or, a new tool, or, a new-er tooling(late '70s-'80s).

TIA

Joe

Edited by JPuente54
add ending

A search of the product number  gives me an entirely different subject, the Skyhawk?

arx3029.jpg

According to Scalemates timeline, Airfix has only one tooled 1/72 Ju 88A-4 from 1964.  It has been released several times in new boxes, and lately in 2010 with a new box and decals.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/736464-airfix-03007-junkers-ju-88-a-4

regards,

Jack

No new tool or re boxing that I'm aware of - if there had been one, it wouldn't have been priced in Series 3. Kit number for the 1964 88 which is more of an A-5 should be 03007.

Ooops! my mistake! I mixed up the catalogue numbers when I was typing my post(found them both at the same store). JackG is correct; it is the A4 Skyhawk. Thanks guys for letting me know that it is the ancient kit(I remember building it back in the '60s). And, that I can leave it alone until Airfix releases a new tool Ju 88(any sub-type).

Edited by JPuente54
add comment

In spite of its roughness, Martian is doing some excellent really excellent work on his, if you want some inspiration.