Mosquito FB VI GC 1/6 Corse Indochina 1947

TEMPESTMK5

Good evening

My first entry for this Gb will be the Tamiya Mosquito FB VI http://www.mossie.org/models/Tamiya_1-72_NFII-FBVI/Tamiya.html

that I will build in the colours of an aircraft used by the French Air Force Groupe de Chasse 1/6 Corse in the first months of 1947 during the Indochina War ..

244013211.jpg

Some references

998042003.jpg

I will use an Eduard set for the cockpit and replace the instrument panel by a Yahuu models one  .

116411001.jpg

Patrice

Edited by TEMPESTMK5
  • Like 12

Good evening

Today I started my build with the cockpit I placed the Yahumodels Instrument panel

7851020012.jpg

I also placed the PE seat belts on the seats
 7246810022.jpg

And painted some details on the inside of the cockpit
3551940032.jpg

To be continued ..
Patrice

• Like 5

Wow, you do in a day what takes me a month. Do you use an optivisor to paint the cockpit? If not you should give it a go as it will allow to paint cockpit more accurately together wit a very small brush.

I like your choice of the markings as I am as sucker for aircraft with a sharkmouth. Do you know of a picture showing the serial number?

Cheers, Peter

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Basilisk said:

Wow, you do in a day what takes me a month. Do you use an optivisor to paint the cockpit? If not you should give it a go as it will allow to paint cockpit more accurately together wit a very small brush.

I like your choice of the markings as I am as sucker for aircraft with a sharkmouth. Do you know of a picture showing the serial number?

Cheers, Peter

Hi Peter

Thank you ..

I use a Frontal magnifying glass to paint small parts ..

I must admit that I like aircraft with sharkmouth too , I have a picture that shows the serial number RF876 painted under the right wing , that was a common practice to paint the serial number under both wings of french Mosquitoes ...

Regards

Patrice

Very swift work Patrice. The cockpit looks superb, the Yahu i/p sets are very nice.

I too am looking forward to seeing this in French markings. I was interested in what you wrote regarding the serial numbers under the wings. Did this practice also extend to fighters such as the Spitfire?

Lovely work :thumbsup2:

Best regards

TonyT

3 hours ago, TonyTiger66 said:

Very swift work Patrice. The cockpit looks superb, the Yahu i/p sets are very nice.

I too am looking forward to seeing this in French markings. I was interested in what you wrote regarding the serial numbers under the wings. Did this practice also extend to fighters such as the Spitfire?

Lovely work :thumbsup2:

Best regards

TonyT

Hi Tony

Thank you for your comment ..

I must admit that I don't know if the post war fighters of the French Air force such as the Spitfire also wore their serial under the wings but if I find any info on the subject I will tel you ...

Best regards

Patrice  

• Like 1

Salut Patrice,

things are looking good, and rightfully so the Yahu IP would appear to get all the votes. It is indeed rather outstanding.

Keep having fun!

JR

• Like 1

I will be watching 633 Squadron today Patrice (the film is a birthday present to me). 

This means that I especially like your builds today :party:. Lovely neat work. The Mosquito really is an inspiring and beautiful aircraft  :).

Best regards

TonyT

Bit late to this one, sorry Patrice, but caught up now.

I love the internals, especially the effect on the equipment boxes - good job :) 

12 hours ago, TonyTiger66 said:

I will be watching 633 Squadron today Patrice (the film is a birthday present to me). 

This means that I especially like your builds today :party:. Lovely neat work. The Mosquito really is an inspiring and beautiful aircraft  :).

Best regards

TonyT

Good morning Tony

Thank you for your comments I agree with you the Mosquito truely deserve its nickname Wooden Wonder I dont' think that I will be able to build a third one for this Gb but I recently ordered another Tamiya FB VI and a NF XIII .

I wish you a very Happy Birthday :party::party:

Best regards

Patrice

Edited by TEMPESTMK5

1 hour ago, CedB said:

Bit late to this one, sorry Patrice, but caught up now.

I love the internals, especially the effect on the equipment boxes - good job :) 

Hi Ced

Thank you very much ..

Best regards

Patrice

• Like 1