Avro York Mk II

Admiral Puff

General arrangement drawings of the York C.1 (the common or garden variety Merlin engined version) by Alf Granger were published in Wingspan 33, and I have a copy of them. I'm pretty sure that Wingspan also published his drawings of the York II (the Hercules engined variant) and I thought that I had a copy, but it's nowhere to be found. Can anyone (a) confirm that such drawings exist and (b) provide me with a copy, please?

Steve was faster... Anyway, you may look for contents of some magazines in Aeroflight.co.uk. Here is the list for Planes & Wingspan:

http://www.aeroflight.co.uk/mags/contents/planes-contents-listing.htm

Would it be possible to scan the C.I drawings from #33? I miss that one.

Carlos

Edited by CarLos
Typo

11 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Planes magazine, Vol 1 #2. I've a copy & can scan the plans if you'd like, flick me a PM with your email address & I'll do it tomorrow.

Steve.

Thanks, Steve - Dogsbody's come up with the goods!

8 minutes ago, dogsbody said:

This one?

Chris

That's the one - many thanks, Chris! (And I'm sure now that I've had that volume in the past - on checking CarLos' list, there are things in that edition of which I already have copies scanned and saved ...)

I'd treat those drawings with a degree of caution: I was lucky enough to get up close n personal with TS798/"MW100" at Cosford on the 7th and the fuselage side skins are straight fore and aft (no curvature, rather than parallel to the aircraft centerline).  Where the wing structure passes through the fuselage the radii between the top and sides of the fuselage reduce, effectively increasing the width (or height) of the flat areas at these points and producing a taper on the relevant panels.

23 hours ago, stever219 said:

I'd treat those drawings with a degree of caution: I was lucky enough to get up close n personal with TS798/"MW100" at Cosford on the 7th and the fuselage side skins are straight fore and aft (no curvature, rather than parallel to the aircraft centerline).  Where the wing structure passes through the fuselage the radii between the top and sides of the fuselage reduce, effectively increasing the width (or height) of the flat areas at these points and producing a taper on the relevant panels.

Thanks for that. I got some shots of that very aircraft last time I was at Cosford - I'll have to drag them out!